“R&R with officemates” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 41 Coron B&B and Inns
Marikina, Philippines
“R&R with officemates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great place, nice, friendly staff and okay breakfast. The only thing I found odd was that the resort has no shuttle service to ferry guests to and from the airport. They did have a trike that can sit six people, but this one is used only to bring guests to destinations within the town of Coron. If they had a van transfer, everything would have been perfect and we wouldn't have had to use Balaibinda's shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at Sunz En Coron earlier this month. I had read good things about the place on TripAdvisor and I wasn't disappointed. The owner was prompt in her email replies to me and was kind enough to let me postpone my visit without penalty when I had a family emergency. The resort was well laid out. The room was tastefully furnished, fresh towels were supplied every day and the pool was pretty at night with its changing colours. There is a cosy little bar by the pool where you can get great tasting cocktails. The distance from town is not a problem as there is a complimentary tricycle service into town (although it stops operating at night). If the tricycle is not available, there are usually other tricyles waiting outside to take you to town for about 15p. The only problem is getting back from town later at night as sometimes there are no tricycles available from town and it is quite a far and dark (but safe) walk from town. The winning feature of this hotel is really the staff, who were always friendly, obliging and happy to help in any way. The only thing I would improve is the supply of toiletries (soap was provided but it wasn't replenished).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in Sunz en Coron. It's very relaxing to stay after tiring island tour. Place is very private, peaceful and quiet.Toilet & room is clean but they don't provide toiletries. Be sure that you will bring your own shampoo and conditioner. Changing color lighting of pool during night is what I like most. The only problem, it is only open until 10pm. For people living in city and used to stay late at night, I think it would be better if they open the lights up to 11pm. Others think that the location is down side but for me and my husband it's not. They have free tricyle service going to town. No need toi go outside to eat. The food on the resort is reasonable and good. We tried to eat in one of "carinderia " along the market and we noticed that the price is same as the one in resort. Staffs, guard and crews are all friendly. Overall I can say thay it's nice to stay for a couple and family.

• Stayed April 2013
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is our first time going to Coron. We fund this place through tripadvisor and we saw it had good reviews. We're staying for 3 nights and so far we are having a good experience.

The rooms we had are good for groups of 5 and 6 and it was a comfortable place to stay in. The bathrooms were a major concern and they have a pretty decent one. You just need to prepare a few basics: shampoo, toothpaste and tissue. The place is near the town and they offer a service going there. The staff are friendly, and they maintain the order. They tell people if they are getting noisy, and they keep the peace. good job! I just wish that they could provide a safe, although generally the whole place is quite secure.

I'd stay here again. And I highly recommend the Chocolate Mousse.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Taguig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My fiancèe and I stayed there for like 4 days and we really enjoyed it. Fresh towels upon request, free tricycle to town, clean swimming pool, the best food, clean rooms, friendly staff and management. I would go back here in a heartbeat..

• Stayed July 2012
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

In General

The entrance is plain and the metal gate looked like it was a house of a rich person with not an ounce of creativity.

The rooms are arranged on two rows with oversized glass and wood doors one on each side of a swimming pool.

Rooms

The rooms were pretty small and spartan.The television was small and the cable service was down half the time we were there.

The food was all very good. I ordered fried chicken, pork curry and tocino breakfast.
I also ordered their brownies twice since it was that good. There was good wifi service on dining area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived in Coron for our last night by the peer and found a tricycle very easily; The hotel is not far from the peer (5mn), 20pesos if you take a tricycle. There are 18 cottages all around a nice swimming pool and many different places to rest or to have lunch or dinner, you just have to choose which one suits you better; small different places with a straw roof, a table, cushions, fan... We just stayed one night and one day but we could have stayed longer if we don't have to come back. Rooms are very clean and quite seldom in Philippines (5th time we go there) the staff is reallyt efficent. They are managed by Koreans whom are very kind and always available to make your stay very pleasant. Food is definitely better than all the hotel we did in Philippines, try the French fries, it's better than in France!
The service is perfect, they have a tricycle service free which meqns when you want to go in the city center they take in charge the transport for you. I had to use their phone to call friends and the manager left messages to the other hotels (friends') for me.
One thing is sure, you can't be disappointed for the price you pay, it is a really nice place to stay, we will probably come back to Coron for diving and I will not search neither try another hotel. Thank you to all the team!

Room Tip: We occupied the room 3 which is clean with a standard bed, aircon and a nice shower