“A truly disappointing stay.” 2 of 5 stars

Centro Coron Bed and Breakfast
National Highway | Barangay 4, Palawan Island 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #22 of 47 Coron B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A truly disappointing stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed at the Centro Coron for four nights have booked and paid I full before arriving. This was a big mistake, if we had not prepaid we would have been able to move after the first night.

Our room was small, dark and very noisy. When the electricity stopped during the night two bright halongen lights automatically shone down on us at 3am. The wall were so thin that we could hear the guy in the next room blowing his nose!

The staff were contemptuous and unhelpful at best. We were informed, when we asked, that breakfast was served from 6.30 until 7am and did not even include coffee.

Obviously our experience is different from others, but I would earnestly advise travellers to try any other accommodation in the town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A week before our travel date, me and my friends were searching for a nice hotel to stay in. we found Centro Coron ranked as number 2 so we checked their packages. My friend called them and saddened that the hotel is fully booked. But since my friend is persistent, he ask if we can be on a waiting list if ever other customers will cancel their bookings, we know that it is impossible to cancel a hotel booking since it is only one week before. But what they did was they transferred us to other hotel with Centro Coron’s package on. We stayed at Daven’s palace it is near Mt. Tapyas. The room is spacious, the staffs our friendly and accommodating and so is the owner. Since Centro Coron handled our package, the breakfast, lunch and dinner plus the itinerary is based from them (of course you can suggest as long as it is allowable within the policies. ;))
We are not disappointed; Centro Coron provides the comfort, of home with EXCELLENT customer service. Oh did I mention about the food? They will definitely feed you to your stomachs content! Everything will be arranged for you from island hopping tour to packed meals. This is by far the most accommodating place I’ve been to in the country.

Thanks to kuya Oniol - our tour guide who assists us in everything we need. To Ms. Chin for the smile and for accommodating us upon arrival in Centro Coron . To Wine and Maria and boss Mike of Daven’s palace.

And of course, Special thanks to Boss Kim of Centro Coron for the superb service you provided. We will definitely go back to Coron ;)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

You'll never go wrong with this place. Awesome food in a very reasonable price plus great people who will assist you. I travelled here alone but it felt likt i've stayed here forever :)

• Stayed January 2012
Olongapo, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

The place is clean and staff always welcoming. I remember waking up in the morning and having my breakfast served with a smile. The rooms are simple but it will satisfy your needs. With regard to the location, from the name of the hotel, Centro Coron, which means "center of Coron". The hotel very convenient if you want to the market for souvenirs and transportation is accessible to go around area. On my next trip back to Coron, I still choose this hotel for my accommodation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cavite City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

OVERALL - My business colleagues and I stayed at this hotel for a 4-day business/pleasure trip to Coron. And we weren't disappointed.

Though the rooms are simple, it does have all the basic amenities (TV, AC, bath cold/hot water). The place is clean and staff always welcoming.

The service is exceptional. We availed their island tour package, and even though it was raining most of the time we there, it did not stop us enjoying the best of Coron with our very friendly and capable tour guide, Cris.

The restaurant food was excellent as well and the Centro Coron blend coffee became a favorite of mine.

WiFi is available at the restaurant but not inside the room.

Thanks to everyone at Centro Coron specially our host Sir Kim and tour guide Cris for making our stay truly memorable.

Would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

If you are just looking for a sleep-over hotel, this will very much satisfy your needs. Room contains bed, TV, A/C, bathroom.

My comments:

1. Place is in the center of town which is a BIG advantage since you will be near to all restaurants. To give you a hint, Coron is not very pleasant at night since many streets have no lights which is scary for first time traveller like me.

2. Room has only a door knob lock which I think can be further improved.

3. Curtain is a bit see-through, so for people out there who is very sensitive this can be bit disturbing since there is a construction going-on in-front.

4. Bathroom is nice and clean. Thumbs-up on this one. Water just stinks sometimes.

5. TV and A/C is functioning well.

6. Breakfast has no coffee included.

7. Very friendly staff.

8. Has WIFI on their restaurant below.

9. You will be awaken by sounds of motorcycles outside which signals that it's dawn already.

Overall: This is a nice hotel for people who are just looking for a place to stay and sleep at night. You will be island hopping for most of the day so why bother looking for an expensive hotel. Just a thought.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Subic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Words can't describe how everyone from Centro Coron took the extra (s)mile in accommodating our group. Our tour guide turned personal butler Cris was a big add on to our visit. I've never been a VIP to any property until my stay in this hotel. Food was great, people are lovely and helpful. Beautiful view from our room. I'd definitely stay in this hotel again in my next visit.

Room Tip: Since this hotel is situated along the national highway, choose a room that doesn't face the roa...