“nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Seafood, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Kawayanan Grill is a Filipino-owned resto within Coron Town. It serves the best exotic local seafood dishes such as Grilled Kibao (local clams), Pitik Lobster, Bicol Express Octopus and Kinunot na Pague (Sting Ray). It also has a wide selection of delicious Filipino dishes such as Adobo, Kare-Kare and barbeques.
Vancouver, Canada
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Tried their sinigang na isda, kalamares, lato (ar-arosep) and seafood pancit canton. The lato wasn't fresh and has a funky taste. The calamares was rubbery and breading was thick. I tried using the dipping sauce just once. It was just ketchup with a swirl of mayonnaise on top.

One thing I noticed are the vegetables on the food, they are undercooked and insufficient. This applies to the sinigang and pancit canton. The saving grace is that you don't need to have a whole fish for the sinigang. Some restaurants in the area require you to buy the soup with the whole fish only which is too much for a couple.

I love pancit canton and usually order it when it is in the menu. The one they served was sweet and too salty, yuk!

Service was slow even if there was only 2 couples in the restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

manila
“Went there 2 out of 3 nights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The seafood is fresh and cooked just right. They know their seafood! My husband liked some seafood by the market and decided to bring it to Kawayanan and asked them to cook it.

We had no idea how to cook it but their suggestions were excellent. We had the lobster and it was a deal indeed! Planning to eat there again when we go back to Coron!

Lobsters are a must!

Visited October 2013
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here at Kayawanan as this was near the dive shop we tried. If we werent that tired we could've tried other dine in resto. Their food selection (although their menu has a wide variety), are almost not available. Their seafood selection are not always in stock, as well as their beverages. I am not sure if they lack service crews, but their service was slow (even when we asked our bill it took a while before they served it!).
They have unlimited rice for only 20 pesos which is a plus, also I love their ambiance and relaxing bosa nova music. If you find yourself here, I suggest you order typical Filipino food instead. Their bulalo is excellent.

Mandaue City, Mandaue, Philippines
“so-so!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

not sure why this restaurant is famous in coron. lol. their food is not that tasty. they no longer offer service water because there was a customer that was hospitalized after drinking their service water..

read more about my coron trip last june 2013:

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I ordered Grilled Liempo with rice and coke. I think the food was expensive when I looked at the menu. But since the place was recommended by my guide, I decided to try it. The Grilled Liempo wasn't good at all. The service was not remarkable either. I will give this place another chance the next time I get to Coron but I will never recommend it to my friends.

Visited November 2012