We booked our stay to Coron last minute and booked a room at Jendi as it was the only nonluxury place available. After reading the reviews we changed our reservation from standard to cottage. We were 4 in our group, but still elected to get 2 cottages. First be aware that it is a steep walk down to the hotel form the main road, not a problem for us ,but if you have knee problems it wouldn't be enjoyable. We arrived late and the walk to our cottage was pitch black. The cottage itself was nice, but a bit old. Definitely a great value for what we paid (around $60). The bedrooms have AC. There was hot water in the shower (after we asked the staff to turn on water to our cottage).
The hotel is about a 10 min trike ride from town. It was nice not to have the motorbike and harbour noise, but we did have lots of dogs barking outside our cottage and boys playing early (pre6am) in the morning.
There is no restaurant, but they serve a decent basic breakfast of eggs, meat (bacon or ham) and toast. The coffee is instant (guess you can't have it all).
The staff wasn't very friendly and didn't seem to speak much English. We had a Filipino in our group and Louise wouldn't speak English, she would only speak Tagalo even when we asked questions in English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jendi Seafront Resort is few minutes tricycle ride from Coron town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Jendi Seafront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jendi Seafront Hotel Coron
- Jendi Seafront Lodge Coron, Palawan Island