“Thank You Darayonan Lodge!” 4 of 5 stars

Darayonan Lodge
132 National Highway, Palawan Island, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Specialty lodging in Coron
Quezon City, Philippines
“Thank You Darayonan Lodge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My first trip to Coron was last 2010, I stayed in Mt. Tapyas hotel. So this time around I decided to stay in Darayonan Lodge. We booked 2 family rooms (4pax) and 1 standard room for 2 pax. Initially, we booked 4 days 3 nights but due to bad weather our flights were cancelled 2 days in a row. So instead of 4d/3n, we stayed in Darayonan for 6 days/5 nights - Sept 22-27, 2013

The standard room is made of rattan and it feels homey and you would really feel like you're in the country side away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was very basic with 4 single beds and a bathroom. However, the other family room i booked, the room was quite dark and the door going to the bathroom is very small because there's a post that stood by the bathroom door. There's also a leak in the ceiling in room 1 and 6 (family rooms). We told the front desk about it and they transferred us to the deluxe room free of charge which is way better than the standard room. Before we left for Manila they were already having it fixed. Their pool is nice however due to the heavy rain, they would need to clean it every day so I wasnt able to enjoy the swimming pool. Breakfast is okay and serving is just enough but they only have few choices and you have to pre-order your breakfast the night before. The lodge is situated in the town proper, walking distance to Mt. Tapyas, restaurants and market. You may want to try the following restaurants: Santinos (5 mins by tricycle from Darayonan), Big Momma and Lolo Nonoy's (walking distance from the hotel), food is cheap and delicious :)

What I like about this resort is all the hotel staff are very nice. They always wear a smile on their face and all your needs will be attended right away. When our flights were cancelled and we were stranded in Coron for 2 days due to bad weather, the owner of the lodge (Mam Letty) was very nice and gave us 50% off on the room rate which we really appreciate so much because we felt that they really care for their customers. They also provided us buffet breakfast and gave us discount on our airport transfers.

We hired a tour guide (Kuya Joel Francisco) which is not affiliated with Darayonan Lodge. He is the best tour guide I have ever met. PM if you want to to hire him as your tour guide if you're going to visit Coron so I can give you his phone number.

My second time in Coron is very memorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Superior and Deluxe Rooms are better than the standard rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at Darayonan with some few friends when we visited Coron - our booking was pre-arranged by our friend who was at that time lived in the same area. Staffs were friendly and accommodating especially with our 'rigodon' in room transfers. The rooms and amenities were ok and our stay was smooth sailing. Though on our last day, we were not informed by their staff that our flight was actually delayed for a few hours. Our stay could've been better had they informed us ahead - but instead, we were brought to the airport at a very early time. We could've have at least been offered to enjoy our room longer -

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

i love the staff definitely. Their service really can be compared to a thousand dollar room a night service. Me and my n2 friends really admire the place and wished the stay never ends. :) i certainly would stay here whenever opportunities allow me to go back to coron. I've been telling all my friends about my amazing stay in coron and have been suggesting to them to stay at darayonan. They definitely will. :)

• Stayed August 2013
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Darayonan Lodge is a great deal. You can avail their packages which are affordable. The lodge is just one of accommodation in Coron that has a pool which you will enjoy after your island hopping tour. Staff are nice.

Breakfast is free in the Lodge. Unlimited coffee is a plus for those into caffeine most of the time. Which I think my mom enjoyed. Never Leave Darayonan without trying their marinated "Danggit" . its a marinated fish-

Rooms are spacious. bathroom is clean and they provide toiletries.

Tour guides are wonderful and informative.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a superior room near the front desk. No. 25 to be exact. It has one single bed and one twin bed. Pillows ang mattress is super soft and smooth. Comfort room is very clean has hot water. Television is not a flatscreen but it's okay. Swimming pool is nice as well as the lodge restaurant. Though didn't ate there. Staffs are friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We came to coron getting the diving license. Didnt have much time staying at the hotels but a friend recommend me this hotel. Its perfect for us. The first day we had to stay in the main house in a room next to the kitchen. I wasnt happy because the room is made of bamboo and i would love a better toilet and shower but we were moved to the new building second day so it was perfect.

• Stayed September 2012
Robina, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I can recommend Darayonan Lodge. It's in a good location. One of the few places with a pool. Rooms ok. Reasonably priced. Staff were efficient and accommodating. Food is good enough, nothing extraordinary. They provide unlimited coffee, good for non-choosy coffee drinkers. I guess we came at a good time, since we did not experience any power interruption during our whole stay there.

One thing I'd also like to share here, if I may, for the benefit of future Coron travelers, is our experience with local day tour service providers. We did not get a tour package through Darayonan, though. I just did some research before going there, went for a walk around town, and made some inquiries.

We had a very good experience with Nice in Paradise. I highly recommend their service - we were very satisfied with everything - from the size and quality of the pump boat, the friendly and very accommodating boatmen and tour guide, great food choices and serving size (snacks were included), and a professional and personalized service, for a very reasonable price. All worth it! The price depends on the chosen tour. We got the Lusong gunboat-Coral garden tour for Php1000. They really attended to our needs, with Ms Riza personally looking after us. We regret that we only got one tour from them, our 2nd day tour.

For our first day, we tried Corongaleri (I think it's the same tour operator as Calamianes Expeditions). We were disappointed with the service they provided us. Being in business for many years now, this company is relatively well established in Coron, and I thought they were worth a try. Their tour packages were reasonably priced, but the service we got was below par from expected. The boat was relatively small, boatmen not proactive in guiding and leading us to see nice spots, torn and dilapidated life jackets with molds, and the worst part - no life saver or rescue buoy at all for us to hold on to while snorkeling! We were just holding on to the boatman's hand while swimming! Gosh! What a disappointment. The boatman said somebody borrowed/took it from the boat. Isn't it a safety protocol for all boats not to go offshore with no life savers? Based on this experience, I can say that Corongaleri was lax in providing quality service to their customers. I hope somehow, someone from Corongaleri would read this and improve the quality of service they provide.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
chinfernandez, Manager at Darayonan Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Maam,

Thank you for your nice review of Darayonan. Your comments about our staff (efficient and accomodating), food (good, nothing extraordinary), and coffee (unlimited, good enough for non choosy coffee drinkers) are all noted. Rest assured we will do our best to come up with more choices in our menu. Re coffee, we use instant coffee for our free coffee service. We are thinking of providing brewed coffee in the future but with a minimal charge.

Again thank you for your comments.

Chin Fernandez

Been to Darayonan Lodge? Share your experiences!