We recently spent 3 nights at Discovery Divers Resort, Coron. On the plus side, the resort is on a nice little island, which you can walk around during low tide. Unfortunately, there isn't much else to do there. (The boat to Coron Town isn't free. Be prepared to pay PHP 100 per person for the round trip ride every time you want to go into town.) Discovery arranged two island-hopping/snorkeling tours for us, which we really enjoyed. The prices of these trips cost slightly more than if arranged in Coron Town; however, our things (camera, money, etc.) was always safe on the boat during these day trips. The best thing about the resort was probably Riza, the Guest Relations Coordinator. She's very knowledgeable and friendly.
However, our room left something to be desired. The beds were extremely hard, and parts of the bathroom looked like they had never been cleaned. The shower curtain was moldy, and there was a family of spiders living behind the bathroom door. Also, the resort does not have hot water. The weather is hot so you probably won't want a hot shower, but a freezing cold shower isn't comfortable, either. The rooms only have twin beds, no doubles. And if you don't go with the full-board option, they won't give you free drinking water even when you are eating in their restaurant and buying other drinks. (They charge PHP 60 for a one-liter bottle of water!)
Discovery Divers Resort wasn't horrible and the price was good, but we probably wouldn't stay there again. Next time, we will stay in Coron Town, where there are more things to do and multiple dining options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back to 100% after Typhoon Haiyan. An Island resort and dive center on its own island just 5 minutes from Coron Town. Tranquil location with individual rustic cottages and modern lodge rooms. All rooms en-suite. Warm hospitality and good food. Ideal for island hoppers and divers. Private Coron Island Tours operated from the resort to show you the best and most beautiful spots that Coron has to offer at your own pace. With one of the most experienced dive centers in Coron, come dive Corons wrecks, lakes or coral reefs with Discovery Divers from our resort. Kayaking, seafaris around Calamianes Islands are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Divers Resort Coron Hotel Coron
- Discovery Divers Hotel
- Discovery Island Resort And Dive Center Coron, Palawan Island