“Best Place to Stay in Norcross” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree

You added Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5600 Peachtree Parkway, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 (Formerly AmeriSuites Atlanta Peachtree Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Peachtree Corners
“Best Place to Stay in Norcross”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have tried a variety of properties in Norcross (including the Hilton) & have found this property the best place to stay by far. We visited over Easter weekend. The rooms are a comfortable size. Nice living area.. Beds are super comfortable. Staff is very friendly. It is close to the Forum----great shopping! Rooms are clean. It is more updated than the Hilton property. I am a bona fide hotel snob but this property suited us just fine. Only criticism I have is that the air freshner they use is quite strong. You notice it as soon as you walk in the front door. Other offerings which are quite nice is late night snacks & drinks. We definitely plan to stay there again when we return in July!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here over a two night period. Loved the hotel from the minute we walked in, great modern and new feel. The rate was excellent for the area and quality of the hotel. There are lots of shopping and dining options in the area and it is very safe. The room was clean and comfortable with a huge TV. Breakfast was good with lots of choices and consisted of fancy sandwiches made of ham egg and muffins/biscuits. I highly recommend this hotel.The only knock I have was that the small bathroom/shower was poorly designed with the door opening inward towards the toilet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We loved this place!! Everything was very clean..Employees were very thankful that we picked their establishment to stay! Breakfast was awesome and again the staff was appreciative and very NICE!! We will stay here again..even if its out of our way!! Thank You Hyatt Place for making our stay GREAT

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Everything at the Hyatt was perfect EXCEPT FOR their staff. I checked in last night and the staff are the only bad thing about the hotel. It is beautiful but the beds make a lot of noise. My friend and I were in the lobby area to buy drinks and a snack. We are both 15. There were other patrons at the bar but they had their own server. We stood there patiently for at least 10 minutes and neither the male at the front desk nor the woman at the bar asked if I needed something. He finally realized that we did, and he couldn't even figure out the code to the register. Keep in mind that the reason he didn't bother to talk to us in the first place was because he was too busy gossiping with another employee. When he FINALLY rang up our bill and I gave him the money, he left without giving me my food. We were in awe. We stood there for another 10 minutes. All he said was,"Oh." WHAT IN THE HELL. He then gave me my food and we went over to the lobby and ate. It also turns out that the two female employees were gossiping about my friend and I. We were nothing but polite to them. They treated us like we were breaking everything we touched or looked at. We were very frustrated and are glad to be leaving today.

Room Tip: Pick the top floors for less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for three nights during a family getaway. The hotel was a 25 min drive into downtown Atlanta and is a 10 min drive to the closest Marta park and ride - either way you must have a car to stay here.
Our problem with the hotel is that an employee entered our room on day 2 of our visit and stole my sons iPod touch. We realized it was missing from where it was left when we got back to the room late that night and packed everything for our morning departure. The next morning, hotel staff asked housekeeping about it, then I was told no one has turned it in, but they will call if it turns up! What?! By this time the iPod had been wiped of its data so I could not track it.
I have called the hotel about this issue numerous times and have been told to leave a voice message with management each time. No one has ever called me back!
I stay at hotels more than 20 nights a year and never have had a problem like this.

• Stayed January 2013
Norcross, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

So I am a huge fan of hyatt...My expectations are high when I stay at this hotel: rooms are a good size, furniture is modern, usually very clean, price is unbeatable for the quality that the hotel has to offer, and hotel staff are more than friendly....overall I expect a great experience. I am a hyatt gold passport holder, and within just 3 months, I have racked up upwards of 7500 points... I have stayed more than 21 days, not counting the 11 night stay that just began today. I just checked in less than 30 minutes ago, but I had to post this review because the experience was so disgusting and disheartening. Up until this morning, I have been very loyal to hyatt simply because their customer service seems top notch on the reservation lines, and typically the hotel staff are on one page .... Kudos to the Duluth and Johns Creek properties because in all my stays never had one problem; hotel staff were tremendous and went above what was necessary to make me comfy. Having said that this morning I checked into the Hyatt on Peachtree in Norcross. First impression, the hotel is conveniently located to my office, well lit, seemed to be well maintained. I approached the front desk and the agent was much LESS than friendly, no smile or warm welcome to Hyatt that I have been accustomed to. I handed her my I.D. and explained that I had arrived early and needed to check in; she promptly explained that although my reservation was for today, she would not be able to allow me to check in without charging me for an additional day.... even though there were rooms available; apparently at least two....quite peculiar seeing as how a person that walked in would have been able to make a reservation right then and only have been charged one night....but whatevs... so I explained to her that I had called not once but twice the previous night, gave her the name of the employee I spoke with and let her know that the employee had given me totally different information OTHERWISE I would have just paid extra right then to spend the night. Now at this point, its not the rate its the principle... I DONT LIKE UNEXPECTED during my travel, especially at my hotel, otherwise I would stay at Best Western, quality inn, or Motel 6 for that matter, not to mention I am a loyal Hyatt traveler and so are all of my colleagues, thanks to my raving reviews... we used to frequent Marriott... Ok, so Being a platinum passport member, I thought since late check outs are complimentary, perhaps she would make a smart business decision and comp the early check in... after all, she herself told me that the earliest she could let me check in was 10:30 without a charge....which is 3 or so hours away.... nevertheless, I allowed her to charge the card for an additional night so that I could check in and freshen up before I report to the office. I get my key, no enjoy your stay, nothing just hand me my key and walks away... I too walk away and I go to room 507 and what do you know, the room I just paid extra to have for a few additional hours was DIRTY which pissed me off more than it probably would have had I not just paid nearly $100 to get this dirty room for an extra few hours... chances are it was marked out of order prior to her issuing me keys for it (I once worked at a hotel, I know how it goes at most)... so I call the front desk let her know the room is dirty, go down and she never so much as says "sorry about that" much less a sincere apology... instead she seems more put off by the fact that I want a clean room, considering I just had to pay an additional $100 for an extra few hours... IF you cant tell that I am disgusted with this experiene, I will tell you... but I will say this is not typical of Hyatt and I have no idea what this agents issue is, but they might want to put her back into training before she loses many more loyal guests...I don't know what the rest of the stay will be like, but I can tell you that first impressions are lasting impressions, and the next stay will not be at Hyatt!!!!!!!! If I could transfer my reservation, I would leave now and at least go to a property that I know treats their guests well..... TOTALLY DISSATISFIED AND I HAVE 11 nights to go! BTW the ratings other than customer service and cleanliness are based on passed experiences at other properties, but never worry, i will be right back on here before I leave to give you an updated review and hopefully it will be better.

Posting of a pissed off guest!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The shining star of this hotel is the folks working there. With the exception of one, who may have being having a bad day, the staff give great customer service. Shuttle service is provided within a 5 mile radius. That was a real bonus, and they were very prompt and courteous. Other pros: breakfast bar has nice selections, rooms are large, wi-fi is free, even though sometimes persnickity about staying connected. Cons: the hotel decor is a bit dated, the lobby area feels a bit cramped, and the rooms are average in comfort and appearance. My particular room was quiet, but others complained about hall noise. There was also a comment about a distinctly unpleasant odor in one room (musty, old smell.) My bed was not as comfortable or plush with pillows and comforters like I have had at stays in other hotels (Hampton, Marriott). For TV junkies, a huge 42 in flat screen is about 3 feet from the bed. There is a workout room with a few treadmills, a stationary bike and free weights. The bar has a limited selection of beers, wines and liquors. There is no restaurant on site, but there is menu service. I did not order off the menu so cannot attest to the quality or taste of their offerings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor will see more traffic since that is where the ice machines are locate...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree? Share your experiences!