“Outstanding customer service!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Atlanta Northeast

You added Hilton Atlanta Northeast to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Peachtree Corners, GA 30092-3416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi!
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Peachtree Corners
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding customer service!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our first trip to Atlanta, upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a friendly smiling Natasha Allen who went above and beyond to welcome us to the property and expedite our check-in. When we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised on the size and amenities of the junior king suite. Very reasonably priced. Unfortunately the heat was not working properly in our room and being from florida it wasn't comfortable. One call to the front desk to Reshaunda Johnson (Guest Services Supervisor) was all it took for her to have John from engineering come check on it. He attempted to replace the heating element but unfortunately it still didn't appear to be working. Reshaunda immediately checked on another room across the hall, gave us a key to see if it was warmer for us then offered to have someone help us move our belongings. That it is customer service at its finest! I travel extensively for business and I wish all the hotels I stay at had the same service. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Junior suites on the executive floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As we take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests, we do appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs as your loyalty is our biggest compliment. Please know that we do strive to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable for each of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to comment on the outstanding service you received from Latasha and Reshaunda at the front desk. We are very proud of all the staff at this hotel and recognize that it is because of them that guests like yourself keep returning. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your future stays even better. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Atlanta Northeast. We appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

First Stay at this hotel. Even though I am only a gold member, I was treated as if I was the ultimate platinum member. Front desk was quick to make sure that my check-in was quick and respectable. Room on the 10th floor was clean and away from the elevator and a great view, as I requested. Had a very peaceful night; even though some guest decided to have a party at 5am in the morning; security was prompt to resolve. Special thanks to Jermaine, the Concierge. Very hellpful with a great attitude.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Atlanta Northeast during your recent visit to the Atlanta area. As we take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests, we do appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs as your loyalty is our biggest compliment. Recognizing our valued customers is very important to us and Jermaine at the concierge desk always takes pride in seeking ways to surpass the expectations of our customers. Please know that we always strive to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable for each of our guests and quick and efficient service is our standard. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your future stays even better. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Atlanta Northeast. We appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The negatives out weighed the positives staying at this hotel.
Let me start with the Positive.

The Hotel Manager went out of his way to address all the issues with this stay.
He couldn't been more helpful.
Great guy.

Room was quite
Beds very comfortable

Negatives:

1. First room had the phone socked ripped from the wall (I have pictures to prove it)
There was a visible layer of dust everywhere
Tub in bathroom had black mold on the white grout
Turned on the TV and touched the marble table top where the TV sat and the tv made a
a very strange zapping sound before shutting off.
Didn't look like the room was cleaned in months
Room 423

2. Changed rooms - Same floor 4th floor room 415
First look the baseboards had an inch of dust
Manager said he would take care of the issue. (I didn't have time to look at other stuff)
Came back and the manager indicated he couldn't go in to the room because I had a DO NOT Disturb sign on my door.
(I didn't know where they were, I was in the 2nd room 5 mins)
The wall paper on the walls is peeling (picture to prove it)

Came back to my room later that evening.
Turned on the heat - Heat didn't work
Took a shower, took almost 5 -10 minutes for the water to heat up.
Turned off the shower - faucet in the tub dripped all night

Turned on the tv in second room and the unless I was right in front of the TV it wouldn't change the channels.

In the morning reported 3 issues to front desk.
Came back to find a maintenance repair card indicated issues resolved.

Turned on the heat - guess what - NO HEAT

took a shower - warmed up ok this time, but the faucet dripped all night again

Went to breakfast buffet -
The guy making omelets asked what I wanted
The guy ahead of me wanted onions, mushrooms and cheese,
The gut put the stuff on a plate and started to make his omelet.

I wanted just cheese.
He proceeded to attempt to put the cheese on the same plate where the mushrooms and onions were from the previous guy.
I pointed out that there were left over mushrooms and onions on the plate. he took his bare fingers and went to remove the stuff from the plate.
I had to tell him to use a clean plate.

He proceeded to make my omelet and poured the so called eggs from a container.
When asked if they are real eggs he told me "YES real eggs" and showed me the container.
It said "Liquid Egg product" - okay what ever

He was making the other guys omelet and was using the same spatuchla on my eggs.
Cross food contamination.

The counters in the restaurant were covered with syrup. and everything around it very sticky.

Reported the problems in my room and they offered to move me to another room again.

The manager (GREAT GUY) called the maintenance guy to the front desk and had him go to my room to address the heat issue. He put his hand on the vent and said "See Heat"
I'm from Chicago - and with the thermostat all the way to the top and the fan on hi
it still wasn't blowing heat.
He told me he would get a ladder and open the vent and fix.

Guess what - came back to my room again - NO HEAT !!!

Breakfast this morning - NO FOOD on the buffet -
They had spoons sitting out that had food stuck to it for serving the food.
(These should be replaced with clean ones)

My rating is actually generous.
Its a higher rating only because of the Hotel Manager and his attempt to get the issues resolved.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in the area!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure our standards of high quality are consistently met. I understand the condition of your room and quality of service in the restaurant were your areas of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experiences and I will keep your review in mind as we look to make corrections, where necessary. Again I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced and can assure you that we have addressed your concerns with all management and staff at the hotel. We truly hope you would give us the opportunity to show that we can not only meet, but exceed your expectations on a future stay. I am confident that if given the chance, we can exceed your expectations.

Angmering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here two nights and both evenings ate in the bar, the food was excellent. Typical Hilton and great value at the corporate rates. I booked through our company system but was given the wrong rate, when queried there was no issue changing the rate and crediting the over payment. Good service and friendly staff. Evening cheese and wine on the house are a good meeting point for guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate any opportunity to reach out to our valued guests and are here to help in any way we can. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to make your visits at our hotel as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of assistance in your future travel plans.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I came here on a multi bus trip with an athletic group. Lobby is very nice and there is ample parking for large motor coaches. Motor Coach drivers note that if you are coming up from Chamblee or Atlanta on Peachtree Industrial, you cannot take a left into the hotel. Would recommend turning right on Holcomb Bridge then left on Peachtree Corners East then a left on Peachtree Industrial since it can be hard to u turn that size of a bus.
Upon Check in I noticed that the group leader that was in charge had to show emails of the group reservations since the front desk was unaware of them checking in and had no clue about the whole deal. Wonder if sales communicates to the front desk. I did notice another reviewer commenting on a reservation they had and front desk was caught out. Seems like Communication 101 needs to be taught to all the employees.
My room was a nice King room with a quiet HVAC system and a comfortable bed. I went to the bar for dinner and that was decent. The Pinot Grigio offerings were basically low budget supermarket grade wines that I can get for the cost of 1 glass in the bar. Need to have a better variety of Pinot Grigios that are a step above and that are still somewhat in reason. Food did take awhile to show and the bar manager did a very good job handling the situation. Forgot his name. Next morning I came down for breakfast at Basil's Kitchen and I got the buffet. Great variety of items on both the cold and hot buffets. Downside of it there was lack of staffing on a Sunday morning and there were wedding parties there, athletic groups and other groups in the hotel. Hotel really needs more servers on a Sunday morning especially when they know the hotel is going to be sold out. I used to work in the business years ago.
Overall this is a nice property with a good amount of meeting space, a nice indoor/outdoor pool and a fitness center next door. Would recommend this place overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback. As we take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests, we do appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs as your loyalty is our biggest compliment. Your comments regarding internal communication and staffing levels is a surprise as we understand the importance of delivering exceptional service to our customers. Please know that we do strive to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable for each of our guests and will share your comments with the managers and staff. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your future stays even better. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Atlanta Northeast. We appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband attended a conference at the Hilton Atlanta Northeast (Norcross, GA) during October, 2012. I made the reservation on line for a King Jr. Suite and I am a Hilton Honors member. We travel quite a bit; as a matter of fact, we had just come off a two-week vacation before going to this hotel for three days. These were the problems we experienced:

(1) Upon arrival, the A/C was on w/fan blowing but room was warm and blowing out warm air. I called to report A/C problem. The A/C guy came up and told us he JUST turned the two A/C coolers on for the whole hotel and the room should be cooling off soon.
(2) I inspected the bathroom to find two black hairs in tub and one on top side of tub, and evidence that bathtub had not been scrubbed before our arrival. Called housekeeping, who came up later and cleaned it thoroughly to my satisfaction. I noticed that housekeeping only made the bed and cleaned the bathroom counters & toilet -- no vacuuming, dusting, etc. There was a lot of dust falling from the lampshades and onto our computers.
(3) The hotel does not provide free WiFi in rooms; fee is almost $11/day for connection OR you can go downstairs to lobby and use hotel's free WiFi connection there. This is the first hotel we have ever stayed in that charges for WiFi connection in room.
(4) Hotel has restaurant but it is not frequented by many guests. We had lunch there on day 2 and there were only four people in the restaurant, including the two of us. The menu consisted of sandwiches, soup, and a few other a la carte items. I asked for pasta salad which appeared on the menu but was told that would have to be cooked and they didn't have any prepared. What? Then why is it on the menu? The quantity was ample and the server was very nice, but we decided to go out for our other two meals while in Norcross.
(5) One more note on the food issue: This hotel DOES NOT provide a breakfast of any kind for its guests, which is a negative in my book. Almost ALL hotels provide free breakfasts for their guests, at least a continental breakfast if nothing else.

I was told the hotel is about 25 years old, and I think has probably been remodeled several times. The front desk staff were very nice and courteous. Even though I have listed some complaints, the staff responded quite cheerfully and professionally to my requests. We would certainly consider staying there again if we need to visit Norcross.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in Room 228, end of the corridor near the stairs. It was quiet, but ov...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure our standards of cleanliness, comfort and value are consistently met. I understand the condition of your bathroom was an area of concern, as well as the cost of Internet and lack of complimentary breakfast. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Again I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced and can assure you that we have addressed your experience with all manangement and staff at the hotel. We truly hope you would give us the opportunity to show that we can not only meet, but exceed your expectations on a future stay, as I am confident that if given the chance, we can exceed your expectations.

Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When my business takes me to Norcross, I choose this one and usually enjoy. As Hiltons go, this one is a good one. Executive lounge is nicely run, with good food and friendly attendant. Basils kitchen off the lobby is good for a quick meal and offers a good breakfast. Rooms are clean with decent climate controls. I'll be back and will recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Atlanta Northeast? Share your experiences!