“For a Hilton...not impressed much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Atlanta Northeast

You added Hilton Atlanta Northeast to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Peachtree Corners, GA 30092-3416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi!
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Peachtree Corners
Warner Robins, Georgia
“For a Hilton...not impressed much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

The outside of the property is lovely. Very pretty building in a quiet area with little to no road noise. The lobby is small. We were here for a gaming tournament, along with a dog show and another function. So, it was a full house. I was on the third floor, and the first thing that I noticed was the heat and flowery smell emanating from the laundry nook next to the ice machine. It was HORRIBLE. The heat and the lint smell was assailing the nostrils every time I went to the elevator or the ice machine. NOT cool to have this in the middle of the hallway by the rooms. I would expect this at a Red Roof Inn or Days Inn, but a Hilton? Anyway, upon entering my room, I notice the puny beds. They are doubles! What hotels today offer DOUBLE beds? Queens are standard even in mom and pop hotels. Not a good idea, Hilton. The room is dated, has (gasp) wallpaper. Yuck. The view? I had the view of a rooftop and maybe three tree tops. Saw a nice big air conditioner unit too. The bathroom was nice sized, and I loved the marble counter, however the MOLD in the grout of the tile was DISGUSTING. How any housekeeping personnel could miss this obvious BLACK growth on the WHITE tile is beyond me, but I suppose they did....the rest of the bathroom was very clean, as was the room in general. I did miss having a mini fridge in my room, because I hated to go down the hot, smelly hall to get ice because of the dryer. (note to staff: have the exhaust hose checked, because it was pretty apparent there is a leak somewhere) The staff was okay, not too friendly on check in..he seemed frazzled and it was only 12 pm. Was told there was no executive lounge this weekend which was disappointing. The A/C, while a central unit, which I prefer, looked as if the control on the wall was going to fall off. Not professional at all. Overall, the room was okay. Nothing special. The beds are comfortable but small. The pillows were nice and firm, and the bedding clean. I didn't use the pool or gym, so can't comment on them. This is an okay hotel that I got for a good rate, $69.00. I wouldn't pay more for this hotel because it needs updating badly, and the shower area needs BLEACH quickly. I am not the first to notice mold in the shower, so obviously management is not cracking down on housekeeping in this department. If you have allergies I would look somewhere else. For the price, it was a good nights stay, but not for a Hilton. I expect, and get more at Hilton's.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the ice machine as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
davidsnoke, Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking time from your busy day to let us know about your stay at our property. I am sorry ot hear about your many issues you had while staying at our property. As you mentioned it was a very busy week at the hotel and several of the issues are things that are stated on our website. It informs you of the bed types we have, that our rooms do not come standard with a mini fridge, and that our executive lounge is only open Monday thru Friday. I am sorry that someone from the show did not communicate this to you before your stay with us. I will make sure the rest of your comments are delivered to the proper manager to help insure this does not happen to other guests of the hotel. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Morrow, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

So where do I start...

The ONLY decent thing about this place was the young lady at the check-in. After that...downhill fast. Here we go:

I stayed on the 3rd floor. As I was walking the corridor to my room, I heard this very loud noise that sounded like a monster vacuum cleaner. It was actually the air vents at the end of the hall. In an attempt to keep the hall cool, they had to blow at such velocity that the noise was easily heard inside my room. This noise never stopped during my 3 day/2 night stay.

Inside the room...there was mold along the edge of the bathtub. Attention all hotels...who still takes baths??? Something else...I've learned to thoroughly check all bed linens before using any hotel bed. This bed had some sort of down comforter with a sheet that was loosely wrapped all the way around the comforter (top & bottom). The sheet was fine, the comforter not fine. I counted 3 stains the size of a silver dollar. They appeared to be either coffee or blood (Gross!).

Wireless access in the room...this was glitchy at best. As a result, I had extra charges on my bill that I now have to resolve.

Hotel bar/restaurant...first of all the place opens at 5pm and closes at 10pm. If you get there any earlier, forget it. And don't even think about going into the little place that offers Starbucks coffee. I went in there one morning hoping to get a muffin. I choose one and the young lady said it was over a day old and hard. At least she offered to sell it to me at half price.

Bottom line...this place needs some serious renovations. It's stuck in 1992 and it shows. Stay away.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor...the monster vents will keep you awake.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about our property. As a guest of our property it is most benificial to you to let us know of any problems you have while here so that we can do our best to resolve for you. We would have been happy to move your room if you were not happy with the noise. As for the other issues I will make sure to speak with the managers to inform them to help prevent them from happening again.
houston, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I guess there's nothing the hotel can do about its clientele, but be aware that many of them are loud and inconsiderate. I'm in my room on the third floor as I write (11 pm on a Friday night), and other guests are talking loudly, slamming doors, and shouting to each other up and down the hall. The desk staff was polite and helpful (free access to WiFi in the room did not work so they have promised to comp me), and they delivered the mini refrigerator we requested soon after we arrived, but I'm wondering how late these guests are going to party.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Short one night stay....comfortable room/bed. Warm greeting at the front desk from a witty clerk.

• Stayed September 2011
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family held their 53rd annual family reunion banquet at this hotel and we absolutely loved it. The service as well as the food was top class and my family enjoyed it so much that we will most likely be here next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
davidsnoke, Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
We are so happy that you and your family had a great time while holding your event here at our property. It is alway great to hear positive feedback from our guests and we hope that we can do it again in the near future!! Thank you again and we all hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed here for business. Both my room and the person i was traveling with had hair (not ours) in our showers and in the bathrooms. The front desk staff was nice when they messed up my bill, but like others reviews stated, the hotel is in desperate need of some updating and the cleanliness of the rooms is definitely below par.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you letting us know about your stay from September 2010. As it is now 2011, a year later, we hope that you would come and give us another try. You will see that there have been several changes and I think if you stay with us again your perception will change. Thank you again for your helpful comments. We hope to see you in the near future.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Clean and helpful staff. Restaurant was good, not great. Can be difficult to navigate the road it's on due to no left turn directly into hotel from the south. Lobby is very small and becomes cramped with only a few people in it. Overall a solid hotel choice for the area, but nothing overly special.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hilton Atlanta Northeast? Share your experiences!