“Amazing spa facilities friendly helpful staff top hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Lion Quays
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weston Rhyn SY11 3EN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston Rhyn
Chester, United Kingdom
“Amazing spa facilities friendly helpful staff top hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

i have just had a weekend spa break celebrating my friends 40th bithday. we all really enjoyed everything about the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing was to much trouble throughout the restaurant, bar, reception and of course the ladies in the spa. Excellent service from start to end! food was amazing and well priced too .We are already thinking of booking our next visit can't wait. It was so beautiful i am considering this venue for my wedding and had a tour around the function rooms before leaving today. Really impressed four happy relaxed ladies !!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
LionQuaysManager, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very encouraging comments on our resort. It is extremely gratifying to know when we're getting it right.
If you require any further information on weddings at Lion Quays do not hesitate to contact our Wedding Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Emma Fairhurst - Resort General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

This was our second stay here and we hope to book many more. We loved the pool and just felt so relaxed after our stay. Also very good location to visit the lovely Llangollen. We will defo be booking more weekends away here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
LionQuaysManager, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to Lion Quays Waterside Resort and we're so glad that it lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lion Quays in the near future

abersoch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Everything about this minibreak was just perfect.
The SPA was gorgeous, never been so relaxed, lots of variety, very helpful friendly staff. Facilities were excellent. made full use of the jacuzzi, hot rooms and the cold room.

Went for a drink in the bar afterwards, was so relaxed felt like I was walking into my local pub. Good selection of beers, ciders and other drinks.

Room was very clean, we were allowed to check in slightly early wich was much appreciated. Huge bed and Huge TV! Underfloor heating in the bathroom is a very nice touch. Nice view of the canal.

Restraunt was just excellent. Ordered our food and half way through starters ordered a third between us as we were enjoying the food so much. Prices are reasonable and the food was very tasty! House red was delicious!

Breakfast in the morning was also very good after a very restful night sleep. Superb, we will definitely visit again before Xmas as was so relaxing and enjoyed our stay so much!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
LionQuaysManager, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you had such a relaxing time in our Resort. I will ensure that this feedback is passed onto all my team.

I look forward to welcoming you to Lion Quays Waterside Resort

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

The Spa at this hotel is second to none, perfect for a weekend of spoiling yourself or your partner. I just loved the snow room after the sauna - a really original idea - and my girlfriend adored the rasul mud chamber. Although I have been to many spas before, I have never seen such choice as Lion Quays, as well as everything being so modern. I also felt that the free water and tea in the spa was a nice touch

We ate in the Waterside one evening and Kate did everything she could to make us feel welcome there. The food was fantastic, and there were even some good choices for my vegetarian girlfriend.

Our bedroom was really tastefully designed and for me the 40" TV was great with a large choice of channels. Check in was smooth and we received loads of info from Stacy about the spa when we arrived allowing us to make the correct choices from the spa menu.

I didn't get around to using the gym, but I did see it was huge, and I would have liked to explore the area around the hotel more, but we simply didn't have time after all the spa treatments! I look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It is fantastic to know when we're getting it right. The team at Lion Quays are very proud of the product we offer and I will ensure that I pass this feedback onto them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Lion Quays Waterside Resort next year.

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I recently stayed at the lions quays hotel as a spa weekend for 1 night with partner & group of friends, we were situated on the 1st floor, 213. checking in was fine but i think reception could have given better directions to our room,
there was a wedding on so i was expecting some noise level however we dined in the restauarnt which was very nice, then had a night cap in the lounge by reception the night bar man was lovely & very attentive as it was cold he turned the heating up, but it wasn't much different, however we all went to bed, from the moment we were settled all nigth the fire door was opening banging shut, very annoying then there was a fight outside our room, not great! so with little & distruped sleep we woke up & went for breakfast which was lovely, I spoke with manageress who was brillaint 7 apologised for the noise after all she wasn't about & its something that maybe needs the wedding guests situated in the 1 area & spa guests in another just an idea, how ever the spa was just amazing absolutley beautifull & great fun & relaxing has the mud treatment was gorgeous x
will be returning back to use the spa but not staying over

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your Spa weekend.

I can only apologise that you were kept awake by other guests during your stay.

It is only through vital feedback that we can improve the service that we offer and we will certainly take your comments / recommendations on board.

northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

The spa was the highest I have seen in the uk, even though I did not try any treatments out. The receptionist Alex who showed us round was very professional and she would not look out of place in dubia where I have taught Beauty. I only critisium is there was no cleanser or moisturiser in the changing rooms? something I have been use to in dubia.
The snow cave is fun but make sure your really hot from the sauna and you have your shoes on when you go in. The hotel was fine we had a room over the canal which was very nice but they are small but comfortable. the head board in our rm104 does need attending to or replaced. coud not get wi fi in the room. Could of gone to the reception area but it wasnt inviting enough..We went into town which was only 3miles away found a weather spoons what a great pub and pleasant atmosphere really happy staff. Came to eat in the watwerside the food was delicous. Will be going back again to have some treatments. Hoping to take our Beauty girls from college to show them what a fab place to work and what expections they have get up too!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your stay and specifically the experience you had in the Lion Quays Spa.

It is great to know when we are getting it right and is viewed as one of the best Spas in the UK.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would wish to bring your students to visit the spa.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Travelled down from Scotland and stayed for family wedding last weekend.
Fabulous venue for the wedding with various alternative photo opportunities in different sections of the gardens which are vibrant with colour.
Lovely helpful young staff. Food okay and even liked the wedding singer!
Pleasant ground floor room with dual aspect overlooking canal.
Room very clean, liked the light wood fitted units though did not see why the very intrusive large 42" TV necessary with views like that!
Bed uncomfortable and I searched high and low for a hairdryer which I had expected in such an establishment!
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will visit again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Lion Quays Waterside Resort.
It is great to receive feedback about all aspects of our business and I will ensure that the comments regarding no hairdryer in your room is passed ot my Facilities team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Lion Quays Waterside Resort

Emma Fairhrust - Resort General Manager

Been to Lion Quays? Share your experiences!