The place is superb if you want to quick getaway for a weekend from the hustle and bustle of the bigger cities but it lacks finesse and class. I loved their set up for the evening snacks in the gardens where the golf cart takes you around the banana plantations. The landscaping of the resort is very good. Though it was good rejuvenating trip it lacked completeness.
The ACs in the rooms need overhauling. For one night i stayed at Bouganvilla 3 where the AC was dripping water in the room and one full corner was drenched with it. Then i shifted to Maharaja room(MOGRA 2) where the AC's wire short sparked burning the bathroom wall and the entire room was filled with smell. The electrician came and was unable to figure out first but after 1.5 hours of staying without AC it was repaired. All this happened at 3.30pm afternoon when the sun was blazing in full glory. Please pull up socks on maintenence.
All the service was reactive rather than proactive.
In the final bill i was charged for a mineral water bottle which was not consumed by me. Since the amount was small i did not argue with the reception guy.
1. Fabulous food only if u are veggie
2. Rustic set up and location
3. Nice view from Maharaja room
4. Staff fairly effecient if told to do a task
5. Isolation is to the fullest. Our room facing the lake had complete privacy
6. Therapist at the spa is excellent
1. The directions to reach this place is horrible on the website. Please make a map and post it online. Will make life a lot simpler
2. Rooms were not clean enough. Bed linen was torn with holes. Cutlery was always stained and not really clean.
3. Bathroom was sub-standard and not clean. The toiletries looked cheap. It is not what u expect in a room where u pay as much as Rs. 7700 + 18% Taxes
4. The noise in the evening called music program arranged by the resort is not required. They spoil the calm and peace of the place.
All in all, a little bit of tweaking and attention to finer details and service can make this into a great property to visit. But they have miles to go !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View of the blue waters placed against the rugged Sahyadri mountains creates a calm in ones heart, found only in such untouched terrains.Let the panorama work its magic on your senses make you stop and wonder about natures Captivating presence! Adore this hamlet which- is painstakingly designed by the architect with a focus on nature and rustic looks. The intricate details would marvel those with a keen interest in the concept of integrity and harmony. The feeling of being home is instantaneous when one enters the premises and more so when in the rooms / cottages. While being spacious, the resort offers the comfort and hospitality of a high standard.The changing colours of the horizon at different hours are simply amazing ! It is a great place to relax, unwind and to ultimately rejoice in the lap of nature. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Malhar Machi Hotel Pune