“Fun day out for the whole family.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Bucklebury
Type: Farms, Outdoors
Reading, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Fun day out for the whole family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love going to the farm , especially at this time of year when the children can feed the baby lambs. Food there good but expensive.

Visited April 2013

Wokingham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“It was a good day out but I was a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After all the hype and advertising I was expecting something a lot bigger than what was there, the animals were great but I was expected a bigger selection, none of the deer park walking or tractor was open, the tractor I understood due to the ground but all the gates to the walks were closed. The indoor slide area was great fun but no one to oversee anything so big kids were pushing little ones out of the way. However, saying that I did enjoy the day and I could not fault the friendliness of the staff. The toilet facilities were a little disappointing but the beverages and food was good

Visited February 2013
Wokingham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Lots to see and do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We took our grandchildren aged 3 and 4 on a very cold day. However, there was plenty to do and see The children loved the yellow slide in the indoor play area, where you could also eat sandwiches etc. Please note that the blue slide is very steep and probably ok for children aged 8 and over. The outside activities were good, with a fenced off area consisting of a castle and climbing frames. The bouncy 'castle' sunk into the ground provided lots of fun for them. Unfortunately, the tractor rides were not operating due to wet conditions, which was a real shame, so the deer had to be viewed from a distance. The Nature Trail was interesting to us as adults, but not so much for the very young, but it did get us out of the very cold wind. Feeding the animals was fun and there was plenty to see, with lots of information about them, including the Wild Boar, with huge adults and tiny piglets. They also had special events each hour which were useful. A negative was the need to pay to go on the Play Bus, as the entrance fee was £30 which we felt should have covered this as well. The cold eventually got to us all, and sadly we had to leave earlier than expected. On a warm sunny day it would be great for a picnic as well.

Visited April 2013
Glendale, California
86 attraction reviews
“Great Fun for Whole Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I took his two young children (5 and 3) here a few weeks ago on a very chilly Tuesday morning. We had the entire place to ourselves and other than the weather, it was perfect.

We started with the animals. The gave us a bag of feed and the sheep came running down the hill to see us. All of the animals were very eager for us to feed them. Most of them were gentle, but the larger goats were very aggressive. It's not like we thought that they would hurt us, they were just pushy and scary to the kids.

The staff at the farm were excellent. They were great with the kids, giving them extra treats to feed the animals and telling us about everything. It is a beautiful, well kept farm and all of the animals look happy and healthy.

We spent the second half of our visit in the playground area. The giant trampoline was a huge hit. We jumped until we had to stop from too much giggling. It's a workout. The playground is so extensive, that if the weather had not been so cold, we could have spent several more hours here. The kids didn't want to leave,

There is a nice cafe with nearby indoor slides to keep kids and adults happy!

A very nice place to visit and something that I would recommend to everyone, even if you don't have little kids with you.

Please visit my blog for pictures of Bucklebury Farm Park and other reviews from my trip to England.

Visited March 2013
surrey
“Fab Farm :0))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a Registered Childminder and was looking for a venue to take the children 0-5 yrs to engage and stimulate the little ones in my care. Well I found it and it's right on my doorstep...even better!
The staff are friendly and helpful.
We visited on a so called Spring day, it was snowing in and off, but we met a host of furry friends: cows and calves, sheep, lamas, deer, Shetland ponies, pigs and piglets, hens, geese, bunnies and guinea pigs (and I am sure I have missed a few species out)!
Obviously, being so early in the Season the Tractor rides weren't running - but you can bet we will be taking advantage of this facility in the Summer time :0))
There is a fantastic indoor area for eating and huge play slides - HUGE!
Outdoors there is a giant 'pillow' - think trampoline, and I can vouche it is amazing to bounce upon!
Up on one of the hills there is a compoundan with mini trikes and trailers and in another area a great zip wire. Being a farm you've what looks like acres to explore.
Children also have the pleasure of a sandpit, a Castle and an Adventure playground.
Food for feeding the animals is available, and there are multiple hand washing facilities.

I am sure the Farm offers special Christmas days out too and I can't wait to experience those ;0)

There is a separate Cafe called Woodys on site which one can visit independently of the Farm if you wish - but why wouldn't you want to enter the Farm and see all it has to offer.

A wonderful day x