“Hilton excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heathrow Poyle Road | Heathrow, Colnbrook, Slough SL3 0FF, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Colnbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
pontypool
“Hilton excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

had a 1 night stay here with a coach party as part of a 2 day tour to Windsor so cannot comment on anything to do with airport travel. we thought the hotel itself was excellent-big bedroom,large screen t.v.well equipped bathroom with body lotion and flannels(unusual these days)comfy bed,lots of storage space and air con that worked.although we were not expected for dinner this was arranged at short notice and they came up trumps with a 3 course meal (with choices including the best fresh fruit salad ever )all the staff were young,friendly and helpful especially with my friend who has mobility problems.breakfast was also great-lots of choice hot and cold.if i should be travelling from terminal 5 i would certainly use this hotel.only possible drawback would be the location in that its in the middle of a small industrial unit estate with no other eating places nearby.there is no noise from planes taking off.

Room Tip: if you like planes ask for a room where you can see them going overhead-they have just taken off so...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Pontypoolsophie

Thanks for your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would return.

With a Spa, 7 Dining options including 2 AA Rosette restaurants for culinary excellence, you shouldn't need anywhere else however, there are restaurants and some pubs close by including one of the oldest in the UK - Windsor is just a short car ride away as well.

Thanks again for your review and come back soon.

Meredith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed for one night before a flight and was very impressed withe the hotel. The service was very good from arrival at reception to the restaurant. Everyone we had contact with was very helpful and friendly. Will definitely consider staying here again when travelling from T5.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jbest_wenvoe

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would use us again in the future.

Would you consider us as a weekend trip? With a Spa, Award winning restaurants and great links to Windsor and London, we really are more than just an airport hotel.

Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This LHR Hotel is a good choice, it is a bit pricy but I guess most guests are on business or paid by the airline to spend a complimentary night while their broke airplane is being repaired..

The rooms are very nice, nicely decorated, good TV set, comfortable bed and good bathroom. I did no use in room service or minibar nor gym or swimming pool area. Wifi is free but lacks of enough performance to cover the usage in some ours of the day - still very usable for moderate use.

Problem during my visit was the breakfast - this morning the breakfast room was not very crowded, staff was hanging around and chatting from time to time, still there was a lack of attention. As seating I requested a cappuccino - this was accepted but never brought forward. Also from the buffet there was a lack of attention to detail. Specially when coming from a Nordic country where there is a habit of including the breakfast and also competing on the wide choice of breakfast. Obviously it was a full choice of classic English breakfast and the bits you would expect of an ordinary continental, but for a price of £20 extra (you can get a voucher for £15.95 if requested during check in) you would expect a bit more. For instance - Omelet station - not open, (did not request from kitchen, I never do as it takes too much time) Bread - seemed not be baked same day, only a few choices here and not too interesting. Jam and marmalade, hard to find. Cheese and ham, small selection. Fruit, OK selection but nothing special. etc etc. there was no signs of organic food being provided that I could find (could have been anyway, but not obvious) - tip to staff, make a visit to Hilton Terminal 4 and look at their breakfast, it is not great either but far better than the T5 on a sunny day.

If you are not for a good breakfast, this is an excellent choice. If I come back, I would consider eating out if possible, or just have a coffee in the lobby coffee shop..

Room Tip: I had a standard room which was fine for my needs. No need to upgrade unless you won the lottery and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Emil B

Thank you for sharing your experience and posting a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding breakfast will be taken on board and reviewed to ensure we remain one of the best breakfasts in the area (which is indeed our current stature). Thank you for the detailed response that will enable us to clearly identify opportunities.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that you will be able to see first hand what actions we have taken.

Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had only booked an overnight stay between flights, but next time we're in London we will plan to stay longer at this Hilton and just commute to the sites on the underground. It's a beautiful hotel will all the amenities, great food and good dining service, excellent beds, and a good airport location. If I had to make any complaint, it was about the bathroom lighting. We didn't discover the right switch until it was too late so the illumination was very low. If you experience this also, just ask the staff for help.

We took the Hotel Hoppa to the holel from the terminal and back; it runs on the hour. If you eat in the restaurant, try the battered cod or the shepherd's pie. Prices are reasonable for London and the food was great. We spent a comfortable, quiet evening and were sorry to leave so soon. Great Hilton service, as always.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Miznovember

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and indeed the Gallery Restaurant.

Next time you stay why not try the Lobster Raviolo or indeed check out the Award winning Mr Todiwala's Kitchen.

Just a quick note with regards to the Hoppa Bus. It now runs every 15 minutes at peak times and 30 minutes off peak so you are even more connected to the airport.

Thanks again for your review and come back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was in London for business, and happened to find out a friend was in town the same week- naturally I needed to stay and extra day or two to have a day and night out in the city. I stayed at Hilton T5 my last night. A very friendly woman checked me in, I got my room key, and was headed up, when one of the other women working at the desk took notice of me, called me back to ask if I might be 'the American friend' of one of the other guests, and that she'd been asked to give me a room on the same floor as him. I shrugged and said sure. It turned out to be a nice upgrade- honestly, I found her and the other woman helping at the front desk to be genuinely helpful, gracious, and friendly. Same for the guy that showed me over to the elevators and one of the cleaning staff I walked by the next morning- I felt it was a real good crew working there. On checkout the next morning, I once again saw my two new friends from the front desk, where I'm sure I bored them for a few extra seconds talking about the previous day and night out, but if I did, they didn't show it- got a laugh or two out of them. I stayed in another Hilton by the Tower Bridge during the same visit and I enjoyed both but I hope I get to stay out at T5 on my next visit. Great people, great rooms, easy to/from shuttle to Heathrow. No complaints from me.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor, room was spacious, quiet, and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Brian M

Thank you for your review. My team and I were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We were all delighted to note that the 'Crew' on the front desk looked after you well - we will certainly make sure they're recognised.

The team aim to ensure we provide excellent, hospitality, care and service and I would like to thank you personally for recognising them.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My recent Stay at the Hilton Heathrow was wonderful, there is not one area I would recommend for improvement, from the cleanliness of the room to the amenities offered at the property. I was so impressed with the experience that for future visits to England I will stay at the Hilton Heathrow and utilize the tube system vice renting a car and booking lodging further away. Ms. Vita at the front desk was absolutely fantastic, there was not one question she could not ask and her overall professionalism and customer support was truly impressive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Stephen R

I was delighted to read your special review - thank you.

As a result of your comments I will ensure that Vita is recognised at our next monthly awards ceremony. In the meantime, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back sooner rather than later.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights on dinner, bed and breakfast deal, which was good value for money.

The soundproofing was excellent. Rooms very clean, spacious and modern, with good lighting. Luxurious bathrooms. Comfortable bed.

Good range of food at breakfast; dinner was a selection of dishes from the main menu, but very tasty. Might be nice if you had the option to upgrade to Mr Todiwala's kitchen.

Hydrotherapy pool was nice for relaxing, but not for swimming.

All the staff - particularly in the restaurant - were helpful and friendly.

Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear DollyDimpleAbroad - Great name

Than k you for your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Your right, you would have enjoyed Mr Todiwala's Kitchen and I shall review our current offering to see how this can be amended.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Until then, happy travelling.

All the best.

Meredith

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5? Share your experiences!