“Mr Toddiwallas Kitchen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heathrow Poyle Road | Heathrow, Colnbrook, Slough SL3 0FF, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Colnbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London UK
“Mr Toddiwallas Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding at the hotel. Once you find the hotel, and it is not easy, you should find the following:-
Staff excellent couldnt do enough, no request was too much trouble. Booked an executive room.

Bland rooms, resemble a travelodge on first look. nice lighting, very uncomfortable single chair plus office style chair for working. Basic bedding no luxury touches, cushions or colour. Not a patch on Sheraton "sweet sleeper" beds.

Wardrobe very badly designed with doors that keep malfunctioning (had to call maintenenance twice as doors jammed blocking access to safe) and clothes rail running back to front making clothes dificult to access.

Smart bathroom with separate bath and shower, however no shower attachement in bath so have to take shower if you want to wash your hair!

Cost cutting is refelected in ammenties for one guest only (we were two) i.e one bottle of comp water, one packet of buiscuits etc. Not what you expect from Hilton brand.

Executive lounge was open for compl drinks in the evening 18:00-20-30 with mediocre canapes the breakfast spread is excellent and service to match.

However, apart from the wedding we attended the highlight of the stay was dinner in Mr Toddiwallas Kitchen, the in house indian restuarant.

Excellent quality food with exceptional service, looks expensive but when you see the quality it is very good value. The beetroot and coconut samosas were a sensation as was the tandoori duck and vennison. Portions are generous (we could barely manage two courses) and cost for two without drinks was aprox £70 far less than central london prices for same quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
alex m, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest

thank you for your feedback which is always much aprreciated.

Alex Mosquito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We only stayed here for one night after our flight was cancelled and the spent 10 hours at the airport. The airline finaly decided to put all of us up in a hotel- and this was their choice. The hotel is fantastic and the service matched. They got us checked in very quickly and everything was already organized before we got there. Rooms were ready, they had dinner in the restaurant- just fantastic! The design of the hotel is great, very clean and modern and made the end of an otherwise terrible day a little easier. Breakfast the next morning was delicious an offered plenty of choices. Just a note about the service- there were quite a few of us staying there that night- over 300. When the shuttle came, a member of the staff, I believe named Kris, got all of our luggage on the bus, made sure we all made it on, etc. I don' believe it was part of his job- and we very much appreciated it. Just a really well run hotel. A+

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
thank you for your great comments,they are very much appreciated.

La Manga Club
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

On a recent trip to USA we stayed overnight at this hotel prior to our flight.
It is an excellent high quality 5 star hotel. Because we are Hilton Honours Card holders we had an executive room with access to the executive lounge.with free drinks and very good breakfast.
The reception treatment, overall service, room facilities and in-room dining were all excellent.
The only negative comment is that we arrived by taxi from Gatwick Airport and the hotel is some 5 miles from Terminal 5; the post code shown on the booking form proved to be inaccurate and the sat nav brought us to still c1 mile from the hotel; we then had to ask for directions in the local vilage. I did point this out to the hotel receptionist, but, if arriving by car it would be wise to ring the hotel in advance and double check the updated/correct post code.
However, this latter point should not put anyone off using this hotel which is oustanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

thank yo ufor your great comments.. they make a world of difference to our team !!
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night prior to a business meeting. I've stayed at many of the hotels around Heathrow, including the T4 Hilton several times, but this was my first time staying at the relatively new T5 Hilton.

I took the Hotel Hoppa bus from T5 to the hotel, which takes around 5 minutes and costs £4 one way if pre-booked online or from the airport desk (otherwise it's £4.50 onboard the bus).

Check-in in the smart reception was swift and efficient, and I was handed the keycard to my upgraded Executive Room (with lounge access) thanks to my HH Gold status.

My room was fairly spacious, with a sleek bathroom (with bath and walk-in shower). The room had a large king bed, large flat screen TV, good selection of complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary mineral water and a chocolate gift. The mini bar was well stocked, and there was no fuss upon check-out when I accidentally knocked one of the items out of the automatic bar.

The room was very clean, and despite the tiny window, the controllable and dimmable lighting worked well to keep the room bright. Complimentary wifi worked well, with no speed issues experienced.

The bed was standard Hilton comfort, with the pillows slightly soft for my liking. The room featured bathrobes and slippers, which was a nice touch for a 4 star hotel.

The Executive Lounge down the corridor was fairly compact with a small sitting area and larger dining area. The staff were friendly and professional, and the breakfast selection was reasonable (although I would've liked a slightly larger selection of continental items, including better quality yogurts etc.).

Check-out was swift, and the reception arranged a local taxi company to take me to my office on Bath Road - at a whopping cost of £19.20 for less than the two mile difference!

Overall, a good standard Hilton, only let down by the distance from the terminals. For that reason, I prefer to stay at the Hilton T4, despite the age of that property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

thank you for your feedback.. it is always very much appreciated.

Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night during the Olympics. I parked my car here then used the shuttle bus and the Heathrow Express to take me into the city.

This review is short for one simple reason. This hotel, on the night I stayed was simply SUPERB!!

From the moment you walk through the door, to the rooms, to the food. Everything oozes quality!

They even fry their eggs to order at breakfast!

Can all managers from other hotels who want to improve the running of their hotel please visit Hilton T5!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

thank you for the medal.. we will wear it with pride!!

Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this property after a social event in Windsor, and I have to say I was reasonably impressed with this property. It's new, clean, easy to find (well, I thought so at least as I know the Heathrow area pretty well) and well presented. It has a large executive lounge which I had access to, which served a very good breakfast in the morning.

The room was spacious and had all the usual amenities, which is where I come onto the snags. Firstly there were alot of different lights - mood lights, spot lights, desk lighst etc, and finding the correct combination of switches when I went to bed to ensure the room was dark was a real challenge.

Second minor snag was the hotel is trying to be funky and cool by offering coffee bags rather than the more common sachets of instant. I like good coffee, but first thing in the morning when I am bleary eyed, I do not want to have to learn origami in order to be able to get a stupid coffee bag to sit on the cup in the right way so that water does not spill everywhere. I was not impressed.

My biggest nag was the receptionist who insisted on incorrectly pronouncing my name, and then telling me I was wrong when I corrected her. Sorry - it is my name, I've had it for 40 years so I have a pretty good idea how to pronounce it, and I do not expect to be told be a hotel receptionist that I am saying my own name incorrectly. Hrmph!

Aside from breakfast in the lounge I did not eat in the hotel...but did take advantage of free Wifi which seems to be available hotel wide.

A nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
thank you for your comments!! We are reviewing our coffee bags with our suppliers to see if we have any other options and thank you for the feedback.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Having late booked a diving holiday to the Turks and Caicos Isles, I booked an "undercover hotel" with parking and expected to get a complete flea put with the ninety nine pounds spent. Instead I got the Hilton terminal 5 which is an amazing hotel with a brilliant curry house on site. Can't fault it, lovely and clean and the most stylish hotel I've stayed at for over night stays to fly the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest

thank you for your wonderful comments !! Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Alex Mosquito

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5? Share your experiences!