“bird of prey experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wilstead
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“bird of prey experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Wew had the most wonderful afternoon at the new centre with Kyle a very knowledgeble young man the birds all looked well kept, yes they did flap around a lot when food was coming round but that is only natural, when the new centre is fully up and running it will be a great place to visit. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“So much fun!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I purchased a six hour experience for my brother and I though Groupon. The school has recently moved to a new location but it was easy to find. Our guide was Lucy and she is a gem. Very knowledgeable and always happy to answer any questions. We held and flew many birds including owls, eagles, falcons, hawks and buzzards. Lunch was simply sandwiches and crisps but that was all you needed! Only downside was the loo; not nice. I'm looking to do the hunting experience next!!

Visited November 2013
Chelmsford
“Up close and personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a truly enchanting and informative day at the centre. We purchased a six hour flying experience through Groupon and got far more than we were anticipating. Although the centre was in the process of moving we were able to fly six different birds as part of a group of four and got up close and personal with a number of other birds including vultures, owls and pelicans. Wonderful! I can recommend flying a bald eagle to anyone! We were concerned beforehand because of some of the negative comments on this site about large groups and limited contact with the birds. If buying a cheap deal I think you need to check what you are getting! I also wonder whether people complaining on here about the welfare of the birds thought to ask the staff about the conditions. We did. The staff clearly care deeply about their charges and went to great lengths to explain why the birds are kept the way they are. All in all a truly wonderful day!

Visited November 2013
Long Buckby, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been here twice, once on a voucher day where we got to go inside some of the aviaries go round with one of the many falconers and flew a few birds, all good, I don't know what some people expect from a falconry centre when they say about the tea/coffee and cake, it's a falconry centre not a restaurant and for the price of the voucher very good value for money. The second visit was a day at the centre where we had two great flying displays with fantastic birds of prey and some great music and of course 'Marge' the Stork! and we did get to hold a couple of Owls and do a bit of flying. I know they are moving and this must be a mammoth task for them but didn't deter it from being a good day out. I look forward to visiting again once they have moved and settled in :o)

Visited September 2013
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Falconry course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Did a 2 day Falconry Course over a weekend in October. Good instruction and knowledgeable tutors and good value for money.

Visited October 2013