“Birthday Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Cumberland bird of prey centre offers Hawk walks with a Harris Hawk lasting approximately 1 hour, Half day handling sessions with many different birds and ring deliveries and displays at weddings as well as birds of prey for other events and requirements.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had the most amazing time meeting the birds and Gary was really interesting and friendly. We bought this for my mum as a birthday treat and there was four of us who participated. All the birds are so well looked after and Gary made us all feel like we had been friends for years and was very good at what he does. I wouldn't have taken my mum, dad and husband anywhere else. Fantastic day out and not one to be missed if going to the area too. Priced very well.... well worth the money. Thank you Gary and the birds we will be back lol and will be telling everyone.

Visited July 2013
Gary S, Owner at Cumberland Bird Of Prey Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of your time spent with myself and the birds. I was particularly pleased that you felt the birds were happy and in good condition as husbandry is very important to us here.
I hope to see you again in the future.

Ascot
“Exciting and informative - highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I bought this trip for my fathers birthday and he absolutely loved it. It was a very exciting day flying and seeing many different birds of prey in a great setting. Gary made everyone feel so welcome and instantly at ease - and clearly aimis to make sure that you make the absolute most of your day with him and the birds. The day was very informative too (which is just as well as my Dad is a wildlife enthusiast and wants to know everthing) and kept my Dad enthralled from start to end. Highly recommend this wonderful day.

Visited June 2013
Gary S, Owner at Cumberland Bird Of Prey Centre, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you had suchy a good time and hope to see you again in the future.

“Awesome day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already.You're treated like a friend right from the start.I'm shy with people I don't know but Gary was so easy to get on with that I wasn't shy with him.I booked this for my husbands birthday,we enjoyed it that much......guess what I want for my birthday?We will be back for s.ure but next time my niece will be coming.I can't say anything bad about our time there,it was great.All the birds are amazing but I have to say my favourite one are Molly(gray owl),Willow(baby barn owl) and bungle(an eagle but can't remember what kind).Can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the centre. I was delighted to hear that you felt comfortable and relaxed here with us, I aim to help people enjoy their experience with the birds and it is always great to hear we are getting things right.

I look forward to seeing you again.

“Wedding Falconry display”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Brilliant, Highly recommend. Gary entertained our wedding party whilst our photo's were being taken.

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed the display.

Gary
“A very special experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here last week, it was a birthday surprise.

From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we were made to feel really welcome by Gary, who welcomed us into his home like we were friends. Set against a beautiful flowing river, it was an idyllic location to spend time with some beautiful birds (no joke intended).

It was just myself and my wife, so we got lots of time with the birds, our favourite being Bungle the Batleur Eagle. We also learnt a lot from Gary and were able to ask lots of questions as we weren't in a big group.

A really memorable and fun day out. Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in birds or even those who aren't, my wife never got the bird of prey thing, but she enjoyed it as much if not more than I did.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review of the centre. I am always delighted to hear when we have new bird of prey converts.

Regards