I am an Anguilla fan and I have been a regular visitor for about 20 years. I was looking for an affordable self-catering unit for a short break in January and the Allamanda had availability.
I was not looking for luxury, but for quiet and promixility to Shoal Bay (a good 10 to 15 minute walk on the beach to get there).
The taxi who picked me up at the ferry drove me to a supermarket upon arrival, so that I could buy some groceries, as I did not want to rent a car and did not intend to do anything else but relax.
The unit was quite old, but clean. The phone did not work and the staff on duty was not particularly welcoming. The owner, though, came over to fix the shutters on a Friday evening, which I appreciated.
The one thing that really bothered me was the very loud noise of the hotel's AC systems on the wall right outside my kitchen and since there were no window to close, that kept me pretty awake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allamanda Beach Club sits on one of the worlds finest beaches - Shoal Bay Beach East Anguilla, known for the best snorkeling on the island. The resort comprises of 16 relaxing rooms in the following categories. 8 Standard Double rooms, 4 Deluxe Double rooms, 2 Deluxe Apartments and 2 Studio Apartments.Our Standad and Deluxe rooms offer breath taking views of the ocean while our Deluxe and Studio Apartments offer the garden and pool view. Each unit has a fully equiped kitchen, private balcony/patio, Dish TV, Radio and fully air condition. Allamanda Beach is in close proximity to many wonderful restaurants including Zara's Seafood Restaurant. Whether you are looking for a relaxing romantic getaway or place for some family fun, Allamanda Beach Club makes it easy. Come and enjoy the "Ultimate Caribbean Hideaway Allamanda Beach Club" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Allamanda Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allamanda Beach Club Hotel Anguilla
- Allamanda Beach Hotel
- Allamanda Beach The Valley