“Best beach in the island” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Shoal Bay like an insider
Top Rated
$145*
and up
Anguilla Day Trip from St Maarten: Catamaran Sail...
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular beach with white sand and turquoise water that has its secluded areas as well.
Melbourne, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“Best beach in the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We explored the island back and fourth several times during our 1 week stay. This is by far the best beach in the whole island with the turquoise color and snorkeling from the shore

Cincinnati, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Best Beach ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Don't hesitate. Take the ferry to Anguilla (20 mins from Marigot) at a cost of about $86 per couple round trip including ferry fees and departure taxes on both St. Martin and Anguilla. Get a cab (about $50 rt) to Shoal Bay - about a 20 minute ride, and you'll step onto a beach that cannot be rivaled by many. Water clearer than I ever imagined, and I've seen some very clear water. Sand as soft as can be and not shells. Just walk (or run) right into the water without worrying about stepping on anything. Beautiful crescent shaped bay about 1 mile long, perfect for strolling. There's a couple bars/restaurants there and the beers are only $3. Decent food menu as well. Not crowded (we were there on a Thursday). Two chaise lounges and umbrella were only $10 for the day. Go, you will not be disappointed, plus if you're not already on Anguilla for your vacation, you get another stamp in your passport! ENJOY!!!

USA
“We Found Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been to most Caribbean islands, ranging from Curacao to Grand Cayman and I have yet to find such a beautiful beach as Shoal Bay East in Anguilla. The powder sand, water colour, light breeze, very light waves, and, most importantly, the lack of crowds makes this for me the best beach in the Caribbean, if not the world.

I just cannot say enough about the beauty and tranquility of this beach. It left me with a feeling of awe at the natural beauty of this beach - I literally felt like I was in heaven during my stay there.

If you are a snorkeler, there is a reef within swimming distance that has many schools of fish.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We spent the day at Shoal
Bay, a day trip via charter boat from SXM. I will definitely be back!! The sand, the water, the tranquility, the snorkeling and the fabulous lunch at the beach restaurant... WOW! So peaceful and relaxing... Highly recommend!

11 attraction reviews
“We were in AWE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited this tiny island on one of our stops during our honeymoon cruise. The white sands and the clear blue sea were a stark contrast to anything that we had ever seen before - and that left us in complete and utter awe. I don't think I've ever been to such a beautiful area that didn't seem to be completely taken over by my fellow man. Absolutely GORGEOUS.

Visited August 2013