“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Hermosa Restaurant

Vista Hermosa Restaurant
Just south of Jaco | 400 mtrs al sur de la cancha de futbol de playa hermosa, jaco, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
+506 2643 6215
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had a delicious tuna fish bowl and my wife a veggi wrap. The staff was kind at all times.

After that, we stayed in the rest of the day in their beautiful backyard sorrounded by palm trees, a smoothie bar and of course the beach.

Crescent Beach, Florida
“One of my new favorite restaurants in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed with two friends just two doors north of Vista Hermosa, and we had at least one meal here every day for seven days. The variety on the menu was incredible. The ingredients were all local and fresh. The service was great, and the prices were ridiculously low. I literally enjoyed everything I ordered here! The smoothies made right in front of me were delicious. Juan, the manager, and the rest of the staff were friendly to begin with and got even friendlier with each visit. My portions seemed to get bigger with each visit as well. My only difficulty was in choosing what I wanted because everything was so good. I could literally recommend every dish I tried: mahi fish tacos (twice); pollo casada; pad thai; ceviche; sopa de pollo; pollo consentido (twice); pescado casada; carne quesadilla; vista bowl; at least one smoothie per day; chocolate milkshakes; and ice cold beer and really good mixed drinks. I'll definitely be visiting Playa Hermosa again and plan on pretty much eating at least one meal and smoothie a day at Vista Hermosa for sure. The combination of great food, great service, and great prices along with an amazingly chill vibe, comfortable decor, beautiful views, beautiful staff...all made an amazing surf trip even more enjoyable!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Sensational Smoothies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

A group of us ate here many nights, the menu had a good selection, the servers really were nice and once they got to know us were even friendlier. It's on the beach but set back and the outdoor tables are covered by a roof. The smoothies are all fresh fruit no premixes!!! I got the Strawberry, Banana, and I forget the third ingredient, anyway it was excellent, fresh and cool. Portions were more than plentiful. The Casada was the traditional CR meal and it was really tasty, and had a variety of food including my favorite Plantain.
The owner talked me into his Sushi special one night and it was really tasty. The ceviche was good too.
It was our go to place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saugatuck, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere, have a smoothie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our friends and I had lunch and we enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. The food was alright but I had a as which and the pan was hard as a rock. We all had different smoothies and they were delicious.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Buena Comida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Juan knows how to run a great restaurant !
Food is amazing and the service too!
I recommend the fish dishes. The portions are very generous

Visited February 2014