“I LOVE VIDA ASANA!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vida Asana - Eco Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Vida Asana - Eco Lodge
Calle Hermosa, 1 km East, Playa Hermosa 61101, Costa Rica (Formerly Vida Asana Yoga Retreat Center)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
sarasota
“I LOVE VIDA ASANA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just sadly returned from a remarkable trip to Costa Rica. I was met at the airport, had an air conditioned Van drive me to Playa Hermosa and the facility.
Our host Alejandro greeted me and showed me around. The rooms are adequate with plenty of room and a nice bathroom w/ shower. There is air-conditioning for those who want it, I opted mostly for the fresh air blowing through.
Alejandro is a delightful host, making sure all your needs are met. He personally joined our Yoga
sessions, eat his meals with us, and played with us. It felt more like a family Retreat, as our small
group moved from one activity to the next.
The meals were wonderful, we loved every dish that came out of the kitchen, with fresh fruit in the mornings, a beautiful vegetarian lunch, and dinner.
We all adored Buddha the family dog, so sweet and friendly, like his owner. I have to give it my highest rating for what it is. It is not a 5 star hotel, if that's what you want go elsewhere, it is a
bit layed back, typical of CR. you get the full experience, like a local.

Room Tip: They are all very adequate, enjoy!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past 3 years and I'm now planning my third trip back in March. Vida Asana is rustic and so authentic. It's beautiful. Its a short walk to the beach. the rooms are so coloful and comfortable. my shower & ac always worked. there is a sunny pool if walking tothe beach seems like too much effort. Yes there are occasional bugs; did you know this is near a rain forest?? Without spraying chemicals every day it is quite natural in such a warm and open air environment.

For me it's perfect. I don't want to go on a vacation where I feel like I'm inside of a luxury fortress. I like to experience the culture, the food, and the people. With host Alex you will get that. He knows everyone in town and what there is to do every day. Surf competition on the beach? Lets go watch it. Dancing at the backyard, did you know it's ladies night? He'll set up zip-lining, white water rafting, surfing, with the best companies. Then he'll cook for you. And if you're lucky he'll play music while you're dining. And transport to the airport. What more?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a great energizing experience at Vida Asana! It's the perfect place to enjoy a vacation: the amenities are beautiful, is closely located to the beach and surfing spots and the yoga is awesome! And most importantly, Alex (the host) is a wonderful person who makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a great stay at Vida Asana. Alejandro was so welcoming and accomodated me to be comfortable in every way he could. If i had a need or concern he was ready to help out wanting my stay to be good. I only took a yoga class with Alejandro. His charming personality was so present in his class and in his beautiful shala. It was such a gift. As a yoga teacher myself i appreciated his energy, creativity and ability to feel like a completely unique practice with his personality shining through. Buddha (the resident dog) was the sweetest little guy ever. If you didn't want him to bother you he wouldn't. Alejandro is an amazing musician and gives piano and drumming classes. The beach was beautiful and retreating back to Vida Asana at the end of the day and waking in the morning was so peaceful. The nature there and the vibe was very nurturing.

Room Tip: Let them know what you want......remember to have a pura vida attitude and it will be all good. :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AljandroG, Manager at Vida Asana - Eco Lodge, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hola shastafaerie:

Thanks for the post! I't was great to have you with us. You became part of Vida Asana right away.
We are already missing and We will be always waiting for your return! Much light on your path
Namaste.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

When I first got to Costa Rica I didn't know what to expect. We were picked up at the airport and driven to Vida Asana. First let me start off by saying that if you wish to experience Costa Rica like a Costa Rican then this is the place to go. Fresh fruit and three delicious cooked meals everyday. A very loving staff and wonderful scenery.
I read the the "bad" reveiw that was posted and let me just say that you can tell that the person who wrote that isn't really intouch with their true self. This is not a luxurious hotel people. If you want luxury then you won't have a true Costa Rican/yoga experience. Buda, the dog that runs freely through the resort is the most loving and loyal dog I have ever met. He's a dog, he's supposed to bark. When I left to come back home, it was very hard for me to say goodbye to Buda and of course the host and staff.
Vida Asana is only about 5 minutes from the beach and about 10 minutes from a beautiful waterfall that I could've spent days at. I can keep going on and on about my wonderful visit to Costa Rica but ill end it here.
You can choose luxury or you can choose Vida Asana, a true Costa Rican experience.

• Stayed January 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The yoga classes with Alex were great! I definitely recommend them. Especially the 6pm one. The setting is unbelievable. I uploaded 2 pictures, check them out.

As I said in the title I did not stay in Vida Asana so I have no comments on the accommodations.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

we went to vida asana, the first thing that greeted us was a giant american staff dog wich is set free in the place, it imediatly started barking at us, reportadly it bit 2 dogs already and yet he is free *not exactly yoga mood* then we were taken to the room, DIRTY in every corner of the room cob webs then there was the left over sope and a womens leg shaving equipment in the shower *later we were shocked to find there actually is a cleaning lady there* ofcourse there was no hot water and the tiny pool looked like it hadent been cleaned in years. the hostes said she will put the dog in the house yet later and in the morning he again was set free. when we wanted to check out of this god forsaken place the hosts were not there until 1400 *even though check out was at 12* they just went on a trip. yes the yoga was good but as far as the place dont even think about staying there, for us the crapy nature of the hostes that was also the yoga instractor was enough to make us leave imediatly!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
AljandroG, Owner at Vida Asana - Eco Lodge, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear friend:
So sorry to hear about your experience. Although, I don't recall this events, we feel that we owe you an apology and a free stay for you or a friend or family you will like to send.
We would love the opportunity to show you how beautiful, well maintain Vida Asana is.
No mean dogs or dirty rooms will be found on your visit. Only a hospitable friendly and caring environment. You will be surrounded by nature, singing birds, beach and waterfalls.
Enjoy yoga practice, surf, good meals from our vegetable garden, a sustainable lifestyle , all what we are about.
Please accept our invitation and allow us to vindicate your past experience.

Sincerely
Vida Asana

Been to Vida Asana - Eco Lodge? Share your experiences!