“One of the best experiences I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vida Asana - Eco Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Vida Asana - Eco Lodge
Save Saved
You added Vida Asana - Eco Lodge to your Saves list
Calle Hermosa, 1 km East, Playa Hermosa 61101, Costa Rica (Formerly Vida Asana Yoga Retreat Center)   |
“One of the best experiences I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

When I first got to Costa Rica I didn't know what to expect. We were picked up at the airport and driven to Vida Asana. First let me start off by saying that if you wish to experience Costa Rica like a Costa Rican then this is the place to go. Fresh fruit and three delicious cooked meals everyday. A very loving staff and wonderful scenery.
I read the the "bad" reveiw that was posted and let me just say that you can tell that the person who wrote that isn't really intouch with their true self. This is not a luxurious hotel people. If you want luxury then you won't have a true Costa Rican/yoga experience. Buda, the dog that runs freely through the resort is the most loving and loyal dog I have ever met. He's a dog, he's supposed to bark. When I left to come back home, it was very hard for me to say goodbye to Buda and of course the host and staff.
Vida Asana is only about 5 minutes from the beach and about 10 minutes from a beautiful waterfall that I could've spent days at. I can keep going on and on about my wonderful visit to Costa Rica but ill end it here.
You can choose luxury or you can choose Vida Asana, a true Costa Rican experience.

• Stayed January 2012

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The yoga classes with Alex were great! I definitely recommend them. Especially the 6pm one. The setting is unbelievable. I uploaded 2 pictures, check them out.

As I said in the title I did not stay in Vida Asana so I have no comments on the accommodations.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

we went to vida asana, the first thing that greeted us was a giant american staff dog wich is set free in the place, it imediatly started barking at us, reportadly it bit 2 dogs already and yet he is free *not exactly yoga mood* then we were taken to the room, DIRTY in every corner of the room cob webs then there was the left over sope and a womens leg shaving equipment in the shower *later we were shocked to find there actually is a cleaning lady there* ofcourse there was no hot water and the tiny pool looked like it hadent been cleaned in years. the hostes said she will put the dog in the house yet later and in the morning he again was set free. when we wanted to check out of this god forsaken place the hosts were not there until 1400 *even though check out was at 12* they just went on a trip. yes the yoga was good but as far as the place dont even think about staying there, for us the crapy nature of the hostes that was also the yoga instractor was enough to make us leave imediatly!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
AljandroG, Owner at Vida Asana - Eco Lodge, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear friend:
So sorry to hear about your experience. Although, I don't recall this events, we feel that we owe you an apology and a free stay for you or a friend or family you will like to send.
We would love the opportunity to show you how beautiful, well maintain Vida Asana is.
No mean dogs or dirty rooms will be found on your visit. Only a hospitable friendly and caring environment. You will be surrounded by nature, singing birds, beach and waterfalls.
Enjoy yoga practice, surf, good meals from our vegetable garden, a sustainable lifestyle , all what we are about.
Please accept our invitation and allow us to vindicate your past experience.

Sincerely
Vida Asana

Been to Vida Asana - Eco Lodge? Share your experiences!