“Felt like home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Sandpiper Inn
You added Sandpiper Inn to your Saves list
1 Beach | Costa Rica, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Playa Hermosa
Keyport, New Jersey
“Felt like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was my first trip to Costa Rica and I didn't know what to expect. The Sandpiper was a nice quiet, clean hotel located steps from the beach. For the price you couldn't have asked for a nicer spot! Greg the owner was super nice and had great info on where to surf and what spots we should go to. This was a huge help and we didn't waste time hunting for places to surf. There was a restaurant called the "Green Room" I had some of the best breakfast and lunches at this place. Everything was made to order and very very fresh! Kip, Raquel, and Maria made me feel like I was at home. When I get some more vaca time I would def head back to the sandpiper!

Room Tip: Maybe a room upstairs would be quiter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Best spot in Costa Rica by far! It was my fifth time to Costa Rica and my second time to Playa Hermosa. I have stayed at a couple of the other hotels in the area and was complete unsatisfied. This was my wife's first time in Costa and i wanted to make sure she had a comfortable, relaxing, and memorable time. Greg the owner treated us like family from beginning to end. The restaurant on property was amazing with everything made from scratch. I got to surf twice a day while my girl lounged on the beach and read her book's and magazine's in the sun. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to enjoy some true Pura Vida.

Room Tip: Any room is just step from the beautiful black sand beach
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alajuela, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I had one of the best vacations ever, after being dissapointed with your pick of a hotel in Esterillos Este. We called a friend that was at the Sandpiper, and asked if there was a room. And for your luck,line phone was dead so Greg(the owner) hadn't recieved reservations.
So there we were, in the most relaxed,clean and well mantained surfers hotel. The restaurant The Green Room, has a small menu, but don't think this is a minus, it is excellent, made with care, and as it's meant to be. The bread is baked fresh, and it's real good bread.
Beachfront location right in the spot for surfers, you can stay all day watching the boards rip the waves.Your vacation started wrong, but at the Sandpiper all was forgotten.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are quieter and have good ocean breezes
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was the most amazing experience I've ever had on a vacation! The owner made me feel like we were "old friends", and the overall vibe was so laid back and relaxing I felt like I was at a friend's house! The ocean breezes coming across the sand while I was swaying in the hammock on the open air bar...it was just so awesome! I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a little adventure, and a little down time! You get the best of both with Greg, the owner of this great place!
Tanya
Redondo Beach, CA

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have to agree with all the positive comments! After several days in the rain forest we decided to leave our resort in favor of some sun. Upon finding ourselves in Jaco with no place to stay as all hotels were full we stopped into a restaurant for dinner. We asked our server, Raquel if she had any ideas where we could look and she sent us to The Sandpiper in Playa Hermosa where she just happened to open a restaurant 2 weeks prior.
The hotel is clean and located right on the beach and was priced way below what they could have asked. It has The Green Room restaurant that is very fresh and the service is inviting. It attracts locals as well as the guests from surrounding hotels.
We could not have been luckier than to have met Greg, Aaron, Kip and Raquel.

Room Tip: They have only 8 rooms. Definitely try to call ahead. Really worth checking out.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Jaco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

If you have not tried the new restaurant "The Green Room" , then you are missing one of the nicest surprises in Playa Hermosa. Sunday brunch features huge apple pancakes, fresh tuna steak, typical fare and the best,,,real Eggs Benedict, shirred eggs with a homemade hollandaise sauce on a whole wheat muffin, served with fresh out of the oven banana, strawberry bread. Try it today,,and,the chicken cheese melt is one of the best I have had. Take it from the locals, we know what is good!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The Sandpiper is a great experience. Really nice and clean rooms with access to the beach less than fifty feet from the farthest room. A great little cabana fronting the beach with hammocks and a beautiful view to sit and relax. Greg, the owner is super nice and very helpful with arrangements or questions. They have just opened a restaurant (The Green Room) on the premises that looks fantastic. Beautiful beach and great spot to watch the sunsets.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sandpiper Inn? Share your experiences!