“Miccosukee Air Boat Ride:” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This surviving village of the Miccosukee Tribe is located 27 miles west of Miami on the Tamiami Trail.
Oradell, New Jersey
26 attraction reviews
“Miccosukee Air Boat Ride:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were vacationing in Florida and unable to visit the Everglades because of the Government shutdown, so we drove to the Miccosukee reservation on US 41 (aka The Tamiami Trail) and purchased a ride on one of their air boats. It was early afternoon and we were the only passengers. We left the dock and the first 15 minutes were spent on the air boat driving through the national preserve until we reached an Indian village. Unfortunately, there was no one there because it was ‘off season’. After walking around for about 10-15 minutes we left and returned to the dock. The return ride took a little longer, about 20 minutes, when the driver took us through vegetation. Going through this natural habitat was a good adventure; we never did anything like this before. On the ride to the village and on the ride back we saw untouched native plants, birds and some Alligators. We were there on Oct 12th and the cost for the two of us was $32 which IMHO was pretty good. It was a very interesting ride through this part of the Big Cypress National Preserve.

If you’ve never done this, it could be interesting. We enjoyed it. I would recommend that you try going there ‘in season’ when the Miccosukee village is occupied; and if you want to take some good pictures on the air boat, do not sit in the first row - sit in the second row which offers better photographic opportunities. Finally, if you go, you might also consider having lunch in the Miccosukee restaurant, which is to the left of the parking lot when you enter. It’s not fancy, but the food was good. You can tell you’re on the Indian reservation when you see their flag - it has four horizontal colors: white, black, red and gold.

“Baby Alligators !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I went on Sunday 11/3/2013. I went to take my grandparents since they are from out of town to see something different. The village itself was $10 per adult nothing much to see, the museum is little, there was only 1 person inside selling indian bead jewelry. The views are pretty. The alligator show was like 10 minutes but it was fun to see. The best part was being able to hold a baby alligator and take photos. I mean where else can you do that? There is also a small area where you can see about 20-30 gators. It was good but a little disappointing.

Next was the airboat ride. We absolutely loved it. Elvis our tour guide was amazing!!!! He took us around the Everglades and since we were the last tour at 4:30 it was just us 4 ( husband, grandparents and me) so we got a private tour. He called the wild alligators and he pet them. My husband also built the courage and touched a wild gator in the middle of the everglades. It was scary but a thrilling experience. It was stunning to see them come to Elvis. He was very knowledgeable and told us many facts about the everglades. He spun the airboat and made it so much fun. I would definitely go again but only with Elvis. I have gone on other airboat tours but this one blew it out of the water.

Visited November 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Miccosukee Air Boat Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This company had not been our first choice. Sadly, the airboats where we had hoped to take the tour had been sunk earlier by someone who wanted to do harm to this company. I hope they are up and running again. They did recommended Elvis Redwing to us and we were so glad they did. We were very pleased with our trip. Elvis literally calls the alligators and they come! The boat ride was thrilling. It was a great tour.

Visited October 2013
“The airboat ride with Elvis was the best ting we did on our entire trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Elvis our airboat guide we all had the greatest time! This was the best ting we did on our entire trip!!!

Naples, Florida
“Loved!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited the "Village" on 09/7/13 and I must say my family and I really enjoyed it! It was great cultural learning and the kids left with the "Indian Mentality" lol. Our favorite part of it all was the "Alligator Wrangling" show. That man (I believe his name was Nelson) was so brave and courageous! He definitely new what he was doing. We learned a lot about Gators! Above all, the experience was very educational and I am definitely recommending this spot to family & friends!

Visited September 2013