“Miccosukee air boat ride” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This surviving village of the Miccosukee Tribe is located 27 miles west of Miami on the Tamiami Trail.
Deerlijk, Belgium
“Miccosukee air boat ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed very much the air boat ride in the Everglades with Miccosukee. It's about half an hour for a reasonable price. You visit an old indian village (don't expect much of this though). The boat ride itself is great - Hector was very handy with the boat, gave some general info on the allegators on how they live and also showed us baby alligators - highly appreciated by our kids. Very nice experience in an a superb environment. We were a bit reluctant at first for the mosquitos, but did not saw one. We did not visit the other attractions at Miccosukee.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Waste of time, money & gas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a rip off!!!! We paid $8 each to see the Alligator show. Nelson starts by poking at the alligator with a stick, had no rapore with the audience, I'll give him his due that he seemed to know what he was doing, but needs to learn showmanship. He just walked around pulling the alligator by his tail and sniffing after every other word. It was as if he didn't care whether yoiu were there or not. The children enjoyed it, but then at their young age they would. There was only one lady making her bead jewellry, no other booth was manned. Thank goodness we didn't pay for the tour as there really was nothing to see, other than the little museum, which didn't have an awful lot in it either. Don't waste your money!!!!!

Houston
9 attraction reviews
“Something different in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an inexpensive activity for travelers that want a different kind of cultural experience than what is usually found in Miami. We were met outside while taking pictures by tribe member that told us about the tour, so since it was about to start and was only $10 for adults and free for the kids that were with us we decided to try it. We were given a lot of historical information about the tribe and shown around for a bit until it was time for the alligator show which consisted of a young man doing the typical show of holding the mouth under their chin and sticking their hand in the mouth but after the show he also gave us a more intimate Q and A session and let us take pictures with a little alligator.
There is an optional $16 airboat ride that stops at another little village where we were allowed to get off the boat and walk around to see more alligators up close. Both the adults and the kids in the group found the whole experience quite interesting so this is a good activity when traveling with people of various ages.

“Total disappointment!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

*****DO NOT RECOMMEND******

I literally just left the establishment and feel ripped off .... I paid ten dollars to go inside the "village" and no guided tour was available because they were short staffed. Luckily I arrived ten minutes before the alligator show started so I go and grab a seat ... (On the walk to the show I noticed all this huts were all empty)....I'm excited waiting for the show to start and then Nelson starts the show (he had no mic and i heard every other word) and nine minutes later he jumps out and walks away .... The show was over!!!
Ok so I go into the the little museum they have and no one is present to talk or answers ... I go back to the entrance and stand at the first hut and the man could only direct me to ask for a guided tour ... He unfortunately couldn't do it himself .... I learned nothing about the tribe when I asked for information I was handed a piece of paper that was photocopied with information I ultimately can find on the Internet

So ladies and gentleman if u feel like driving wasting some gas and spending ten dollars and waste a day for that then I guess enjoy the mighty adventure !!

Visited July 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Everglades tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We enjoyed the airboat ride, our guide took us zipping thru the glades. We stopped at the village - nothing to see which was a shame. Staff at the village were not interested in telling us about the attractions and not very friendly. Fun boat ride, but really that was it.

Visited June 2013