“Total disappointment!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This surviving village of the Miccosukee Tribe is located 27 miles west of Miami on the Tamiami Trail.
“Total disappointment!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

*****DO NOT RECOMMEND******

I literally just left the establishment and feel ripped off .... I paid ten dollars to go inside the "village" and no guided tour was available because they were short staffed. Luckily I arrived ten minutes before the alligator show started so I go and grab a seat ... (On the walk to the show I noticed all this huts were all empty)....I'm excited waiting for the show to start and then Nelson starts the show (he had no mic and i heard every other word) and nine minutes later he jumps out and walks away .... The show was over!!!
Ok so I go into the the little museum they have and no one is present to talk or answers ... I go back to the entrance and stand at the first hut and the man could only direct me to ask for a guided tour ... He unfortunately couldn't do it himself .... I learned nothing about the tribe when I asked for information I was handed a piece of paper that was photocopied with information I ultimately can find on the Internet

So ladies and gentleman if u feel like driving wasting some gas and spending ten dollars and waste a day for that then I guess enjoy the mighty adventure !!

Visited July 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Everglades tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We enjoyed the airboat ride, our guide took us zipping thru the glades. We stopped at the village - nothing to see which was a shame. Staff at the village were not interested in telling us about the attractions and not very friendly. Fun boat ride, but really that was it.

Galveston
3 attraction reviews
“The Alligator Show”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went for an educational alligator show and maybe a little history of the tribe. The gentelman doing the show,"Bear",seemed bored and a little ticked off.It seemed that he was very mean to the alligators. He kept poking at and hitting one with a stick,making it snap so hard and often its mouth started bleeding.There was no interested interaction, no personable informative chat,and we finally had to tell "Bear" to quit hitting the alligator.Few days later,we went to the Safari Park down the road fro the Village. What a difference!!! At the alligator show there was no hiting and poking, the guy giving the demo was informative and engaging. The alligators were responsive without cruelty, and there seemed to be an interest in their well being.We were so glad we saw the difference in treatment, and I would far prefer any children going to a show to get to see the kinder version!

15 attraction reviews
“Nice ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice ride. Lasted roughly 30 min. Stopped at a island out in the swamp. It was village for a family of 9. Nothing going on there. Nice boardwalk around island. Only saw one alligator & a few birds. I think there is a difference between an airboat ride & an airboat tour. There's no info or narration with this ride.
Did not go to museum nor shows, which are directly across street from rides. Did go into their store tho. Very nice jewelry for sale. Decent prices.

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Not much happening on a Sunday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit the village on a Sunday afternoon and there was hardly anything there. The only demonstration was the gator wrestling which was okay. The chap was only interested in showing how brave he was (a bit OTT) That was it, the people on the reception should have advised us that nothing was going on. It is a long journey wasted.

Visited April 2013