“Air Boat Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tamiami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This surviving village of the Miccosukee Tribe is located 27 miles west of Miami on the Tamiami Trail.
Lake Suzy Fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Air Boat Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Benny was our guide on what we initially thought was going to be just a quick ride. It turned out to be a delightful and educational experience. The 30 minute ride was closer to 50 minutes. We stopped at an Indian Village and got the grand tour (also saw some gators). Benny then took us to a small island where he hand fed an alligator that he had raised himself. Cool! Riding through the swamp was invigorating! Sixteen dollars a person was more than reasonable and we only had 4 people on our boat. If you're driving by, give Benny a try!

Stuart, VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Airboat the Everglades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Elvis was our tour guide on the Miccosukee Indian Air Boat Ride. He took obvious pride in the heritage of the Native Americans that developed the area and for the environment as well. He took extra time to show us how to do the palm thatching on the chickees. He even called the 60+ year old male gator by making baby alligator sounds.
After our ride we had lunch at the Restaurant next door enjoying a sampler platter that included the frog legs, gator tail bites and fry bread.

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sun in my Face & Wind in my Hair make for an Excellent Afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stopped and explored along "Alligator Alley" before but this time through I had a friend with me and wanted to give her the opportunity to enjoy it also. We stopped at a Miccosukee Air Boat Ride that is located next to the Restaurant, just before you get to the Village. The guide was experienced, knowledgable, friendly, and comfortable to spend time with. Our Air Boat ride was scheduled for 30 minutes but we went way over in time. Never once did Manny rush us or try to push us along. This was an incredibly relaxing ride and I would recommend it to anyone traveling through that way.

Denfield, Ontario, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Miccosukee Air Boat Rides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had looked around for Air Boat Rides in the Everglades but with a family of 5 it can get expensive. NOT so at the Miccosukee Air Boat Rides. For 15$ each it sounded reasonable. They take you out on a 15-20 minute ride on an Air Boat, you visit at a little village in the swamps. Then they ride you back to the starting point in about 15-20 Minutes.
The break at the village is a good intermission of a loud air boat ride. Ear protection is provided in the form of cotton wool plugs. Works good for the 30-40 mins ride. The village is funny, but don't expect much. Tons of alligators though.
This ride is great for a family on-the-go and NOT wanting to spend 45-60$ per person for a Air Boat ride with obligatory additions.
This indian business is family owned (their statement) and is good for "just the ride".
Kids loved it!

2 Thank Jerry H
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience for air boat ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stopped here while driving up from the keys to Tampa. Had planned to go choose one of the airboat rides in everglades city but after seeing the many signs I decided to give it a try. I have never been on an airboat before but it has been on my bucket list for quite a while. It was early on a friday morning so the only people there at the time for the ride was a family of 3 who spoke no english and myself. What a great time it was! Our guide Hector made it so personal and explained so many things to me about the glades and how the indians lived there in the past at the village we stopped at. We saw huge gators as well as baby gators. Hector even was able to bridge the communication gap with the non-english guests - I knew this by the genuine smiles on their faces. I would recommend this adventure highly and plan to do it all again if I ever pass that way again.