“I feel I wasted my money; not much entertainment...” 2 of 5 stars

Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This surviving village of the Miccosukee Tribe is located 27 miles west of Miami on the Tamiami Trail.
Miami, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“I feel I wasted my money; not much entertainment...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

High priced and plain boring. The kids didn't enjoy at all.
We actually expected a more instructive entertainment and a real Miccosukee doing the demonstrations but, that wasn't the case.

Visited August 2012

“Best service at the airboat #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The young cashier man was definitely very welcome with us passed out brochures too me and my family he really appreciated that we were there...the cost of and air boat ride was $16.00 per person the wait was 10 min long so it was very fast nice...the young gentleman name bernardo was one of the most excellent tour guide i ever met we stop at a native Island where he said that tigertail family live at and what was more interesting..is that we might a man who goes by the name of robert tigertail who just had pulled into the island when we pulled in..Bernardo had showed us a couple alligators on the way back..and he really showed me and my family his airboat driving skills with nice sharp turns..we ended up on another island that was abanded called "pee camp" then we headed to a place where there a bunch of baby alligators i was very excited and my family are from California so they never seen nothing like this where there from and i live in miami but never been on airboat...this airboat ride was well worst it :::thank you miccosukee for your service!!

Miami, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Kitsch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Too friend from Europe there. It was all phony, from the airboat ride to the gift shop. A major wast of time. They had all the things set up-- a fake Indian village on an island with an alligtor just happening to be just in view. Give me a break!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
30 attraction reviews
“Interesting and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Village is an interesting place! Try and visit when one of the festivals is going on. When we visited, we were entertained by Dancers from all over the country. Try eating some exotic Gator meat while you're there!

Visited December 2011
Tavernier, Florida
“Will NEVER go back !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

On September 12 after a fabulous airboat ride with Coopertown,this was our second visit to the Miccosukee Indian Village Gift Shop.This time my daughter and her husband were visiting from England. First one was so-so...We looked around for a few minutes... then asked to see some earrings from the display case. There were two young women behind the counter...one was eating a candy bar and the other was leaning on the other end of the counter talking to a young man. I asked to see the earrings and one said they would be right there...we waited and waited and waited while they both continued eating and talking ...since they made no move to wait on us, we put all of the things we were going to buy on the counter and left.Too bad cause they had some really interesting things I wanted to buy

Visited September 2012