Stayed one week here on business and then moved on to the Royal Hotel 20 minutes south towards San Fernando for my second week. Accompanied by my wife I don't know how she managed. Don't be fooled by the term Suites....there wern't any. Originally booked a room with a balcony but was surprised on check in. Two buildings shut down for rennovations...no balcony to sit and relax unless you go poolside....and more exensive than just about any other hotel in Trinidad for what you get. Hotel front desk staff went out of their way to get me an extra arm chair into room and make life comfortable. Ocean view is just about gone because of 3 new condominuim buildings blocking it and a fourth one starting. Poolside was not kept tidy, lounge cushions always soaked from rain, glasses, dishes and food plates not picked up often enough. Food was OK, breakfast great, front desk staff very friendly, rooms very clean. Cara Suites was OK but nothing around the place.....but then Trinidad is not a place to go out for a walk in the evenings anyway. We decided to move 20 minutes to a much more charming hotel for my second week of work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cara Suites Hotel & Conference Centre, South Trinidad's Premiere hotel for both business and leisure travelers alike, is conveniently located approximately 15 minutes from Point Lisas and 20 minutes from San Fernando. All of our well appointed Superior Executive Guest Rooms are equipped with modern conveniences and feature 1 king bed with pillow top mattress & comforter, high speed internet access, in room safe, 32' flat screen high definition television with cable, air conditioning, working desk & chair, stocked mini bar with complimentary water, i-pod docking station / clock radio, reading chair with ottoman, direct dial telephone, ceiling fan, microwave, hospitality tray, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, complimentary daily newspaper and include complimentary breakfast. Non Smoking. With spectacular views overlooking the Gulf of Paria and personalized service, Cara Suites is the ideal location for conferences, meetings, cocktail receptions, weddings and other special events. Our multipurpose ballroom and meeting rooms accommodate over 400 persons with complimentary parking. Other guest facilities include fine dining restaurant, sunken bar, room service, business centre, complimentary public area Wi-Fi, on site laundry and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cara Suites - Pointe a Pierre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cara Suites - Pointe a Pierre Hotel Trinidad
- Cara Hotel Trinidad
- Cara Hotel Pointe a Pierre