“Hidden little gem that needs to be shared!” 5 of 5 stars

01622 749082
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mulberry Tree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Kent
“Hidden little gem that needs to be shared!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This restaurant is first class, the service, the ambience and most importantly - the food! I found it on Tripadvisor by accident when looking for somewhere different to take an old friend. All the 5 star reviewers are spot on.

The restaurant itself is hidden away in the heart of the Kent countryside and I must go back for lunch in the summer to see the scenery, it is a lovely designed building and as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted beautifully. We chose to go straight to our table as I was hungry! I ordered from the set menu as I was spoilt enough for choice from there - while my friend ordered from the full menu!

The home made breads which were brought to our table were gorgeous, I could have eaten bread and butter all evening - they were deliciously tasty. The food is locally sourced where possible and a list of suppliers is on the reverse of the menu which I thought was great. My 3 courses were all really lovely and would recommend them to anyone - I think the set menu at £17.50 for 3 courses is really good value. My friend was equally delighted with all his choices and said it was the best restaurant he had eaten in for a very long time! Praise indeed!

We both commented how relaxed the place was, if there was background music - I couldn't hear it - essentially it was just the buzz of voices and not any musak din trying to compete. Our table was obviously ours for the evening - there was no rush to clear us out when we had finished which was just lovely.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The owner/manager was also really pleasant and helpful and I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone.

I will be going back - might even take my husband next time!! But I think I will become a regular - the food is so good! Well done chef!

Oh and ladies - the loos are good too!

• Visited February 2013

Tonbridge
“Club Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant to all
We have just had our local motor club annual lunch here.
We could not fault the service ,food, presentation and service in any way.
A really first class expenrience.

• Visited January 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, first class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having visited The Mulberry Tree on a number of occasions I am astonished when I read of people who have had a bad experience when dining there. I am not a "serial reviewer", far from it but I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. It is family run by people with a passion for quality which is reflected in the atmosphere, service and the food. Everybody I have ever taken to this restaurant has returned on further occasions and always been extremely happy with the experience.
I am a "mature" man with discerning taste and would happily endorse this restaurant to anyone who likes great food served to them by pleasant, attentive people in very pleasant surroundings.
The only negative I can think of is that the restaurant doesn't open on my wedding anniversary so I have to find somewhere else to go!!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Very good dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

On the occasions I have eaten at the Mulberry Tree I have always felt welcome and relaxed, the food is incredible and well portioned. Also when my parents have eaten and gone to special events they throughly enjoyed it, the restaurant manages all party sizes with equal attention and are very polite and helpful.

The location is idyllic and it creates a unique dining experience with the layout of the restaurant allowing comfort and intimacy while maintaining a great atmosphere.

Lovely restaurant.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Dull and horrid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited this place over Xmas , and I was really disappointed. The staff seemd like they did not want to be there and the lady in charge stern and abrupt. This really ruined our meal. Such a let down! :-( . As the food was pleasant and the prices fair.

I really feel this venue needs to address its staffing issues and be kinder to its visitors.

Such a shame.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indy2299, Owner at The Mulberry Tree, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with aspects of your visit with us.

As a small, family-run business, we take all genuine feedback very seriously as it helps us to constantly review and improve our offering.

It is very difficult to respond to your comments as you do not say when you visited and your comments are quite generic. I am also not quite sure from your comments what exactly our 'staffing issues' were on your visit.

Many many of the reviews on here comment on how friendly, attentive and welcoming our service is, so am surprised that you did not find it so on your visit. Obviously if you were able to contact me personally and let me know when you visited and the problems you encountered I could investigate further.