“Fantastic food, first class service” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1622 749082
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mulberry Tree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, first class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having visited The Mulberry Tree on a number of occasions I am astonished when I read of people who have had a bad experience when dining there. I am not a "serial reviewer", far from it but I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. It is family run by people with a passion for quality which is reflected in the atmosphere, service and the food. Everybody I have ever taken to this restaurant has returned on further occasions and always been extremely happy with the experience.
I am a "mature" man with discerning taste and would happily endorse this restaurant to anyone who likes great food served to them by pleasant, attentive people in very pleasant surroundings.
The only negative I can think of is that the restaurant doesn't open on my wedding anniversary so I have to find somewhere else to go!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Very good dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

On the occasions I have eaten at the Mulberry Tree I have always felt welcome and relaxed, the food is incredible and well portioned. Also when my parents have eaten and gone to special events they throughly enjoyed it, the restaurant manages all party sizes with equal attention and are very polite and helpful.

The location is idyllic and it creates a unique dining experience with the layout of the restaurant allowing comfort and intimacy while maintaining a great atmosphere.

Lovely restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Dull and horrid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited this place over Xmas , and I was really disappointed. The staff seemd like they did not want to be there and the lady in charge stern and abrupt. This really ruined our meal. Such a let down! :-( . As the food was pleasant and the prices fair.

I really feel this venue needs to address its staffing issues and be kinder to its visitors.

Such a shame.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indy2299, Owner at The Mulberry Tree, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with aspects of your visit with us.

As a small, family-run business, we take all genuine feedback very seriously as it helps us to constantly review and improve our offering.

It is very difficult to respond to your comments as you do not say when you visited and your comments are quite generic. I am also not quite sure from your comments what exactly our 'staffing issues' were on your visit.

Many many of the reviews on here comment on how friendly, attentive and welcoming our service is, so am surprised that you did not find it so on your visit. Obviously if you were able to contact me personally and let me know when you visited and the problems you encountered I could investigate further.
“Great Birthday Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to The Mulberry Tree just before xmas to celebrate my wife's birthday with some friends. The food was excellent and the small shared deserts are exceptional. We had been here a couple of times a few years ago and our experience was poor. They got it right this time with good service and a lovely ambiance. We will definitely go here again, top venue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kent
“My partner insisted in giving this one another try”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My partner insisted I give this one another try, I really do wish he would listen!

Although the food is very good hear , I find the owner of this place very rude and fake towards new customers. Its is totally obvious she she asks you is everything ok, she dos not mean it. She is very curt and up herself.

The young staff are not very helpful , my partner had to get up from the table a few times as the staff stood with there backs towards us, which I also find rude.

I eat in many fine and well to do places in essex most weeks, and in London, where you are made to feel welcome and at home, see my other reviews.

He now agrees with me that this place is a no go for us, and we gave it another try only to feel that same as we did last time. Which is a real shame as the food and location are great.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indy2299, Owner at The Mulberry Tree, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
You visited the restaurant on New Year's Eve. I distinctly recall exactly who you are, as we all agreed you were one of the most unpleasant customers we have ever had. You scowled at everyone from the moment you arrived, were rude to every single member of staff that visited your table and just generally nasty. Your review is rude and personally insulting.

I also recall your partner getting up to ask for a drink, just after I had been to the table and asked if you would like a drink as your glasses were empty. You refused the offer, only to send him to the bar a couple of moments later. It was almost as though you went out of your way to be as obnoxious as possible.

I am absolutely delighted that you consider us a 'no go' and trust that you will never darken our doorway again, as if you did, for the first time in my hospitality career I would escort you to the door!!