This hotel was our third night stop over on our Motorcycle trip to Spain. Having now ridden for three days in heavy rain, we were getting fed up with France in June!! :-( But this hotel was a very welcome sight. It has fantastic views of the Pyrenese, spoilt somewhat by the weather, but still spectacular. The rooms are top notch with all the expected facilities, spotlessly clean and with great views. The restaurant and food is superb. On our return trip, this was our first stop over and the weather being better, showed off the views which are truly breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Cathar country, nestled on top of a hill, overlooking a picturesque lake and with magnificent views of the Pyrenees, the hotel's setting is quite simply outstanding. We are just 5 minutes from Mirepoix and 1/2 hour from Carcassonne. The hotel is set back over 200 metres from the road in open countryside, so there is no traffic or outside noise, ensuring a relaxing and peaceful stay. You will be warmly welcomed by your hosts David and Sylvia Allett, who have a passion for local food and wine, and who will do everything possible to ensure that you have a memorable and comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Auberge du Balestie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Balestie Mirepoix
- Auberge Du Balestie Hotel Mirepoix