“Pre-Christmas evening meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Pre-Christmas evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

A party of 14 of us had a pre-Christmas evening meal at the Chardonnay. We did not have the Christmas menu, opting instead to pick from the A La Carte Menu. The restaurant handled the whole evening superbly. We were seated in an area just the right size for our party and the staff were all attentive and very efficient. All of us that ordered meat were asked how we would like it cooked, we were all served at the same time and all courses were excellent. There was also a varied and good wine list. Everyone had good time and I am sure this will become an annual event at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service..Lovely Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is about the 6th time I've visited this restaurant over the past 3 years, and it's the sort of place you go to for a special occasion as it's not a cheap meal, but by only going occasionally, it retains it's "specialness" which is what makes it so nice and something to look forward to.

Sitting in the conservatory area as usual, the ambiance is always good...not overly noisy, but not silent.

The basket of homemade breads you get given at the start are lovely & tasty and you get a small breadboard to help yourself as there are several types of bread to choose from, and it's more'ish, so you'll want to go back for some more...but make sure you leave plenty of room for the actual meal!

I had the dover sole with a side portion of chips, which was very tasty as per usual, followed by chocolate mouse for dessert which was very chocolatey! ;-)

A nice little touch is the "smoking" petit fours which always gets a wow comment...I took a short video to post with this review, but you can only attach pictures here.

The whole party enjoyed their food, the service was appropriate, and we were greeted on the way out by the joint owner who checked that everything was fine.

• Visited December 2012
Worthing, United Kingdom
“STILL EXCEPTIONAL FOOD AND VALUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have eaten at The Chardonnay a number of times over the last few years and I posted a review about a year ago. I can say straight away that it is as it was. A great place to eat. Its Table D'Hote Menu with three or four choices per Course is priced at £14-50 for three Courses. The choices are imaginative, the cooking superb and the value......... .. Well if anyone knows anywhere to rival this establishment please let me know. It is a smart establishment with attentive staff and it also has a very good A La Carte Menu, which is a bit on the pricey side, but well worth splashing out for on a special occasion. This is a Restaurant not to be missed.

• Visited November 2012
Shoreham, United Kingdom
“Pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I visited this place with my husband for a romantic meal and enjoyed it however I would say the feel of the place felt dated and lacked atmosphere . Staff provided excellent service and I liked the touch that you are seated in bar first to look at menu and provided with snacks .
I had the pea and ham soup - tasty
And mango chicken that was excellent .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Massively over-rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've eaten at the Chardonnay three times - due to being invited by friends so you can't say no, and it's a good thing they're so pleased with themselves, because no-one else we ate with was.

Poor service, tiny portions and big bills

Visited March 2012