“Amazing Luxury Fishing Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sund's Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malcolm Island
Sund's Lodge
You added Sund's Lodge to your Saves list
445 Kaleva Road, British Columbia V0N 3E0, Canada   |
Seattle
“Amazing Luxury Fishing Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

1st off this must be the mailing address for the US because the actual lodge is on Malcolm Island BC Canada... Anyhow, I was a little hesitant when my husband wanted to take me fishing. I became more hesitant when I saw the price. I really wasnt sure what to expect. But I could not have been more pleased and impressed with how amazing this property is and how well it is ran. Never in my wildest dreams could I fathom the idea that a 5 star all inclusive resort could be combined with a small fishing lodge. But they did it to perfection. From the time you step foot on their dock they have drinks waiting for you and a very enthusiastic warm welcome by all staff members. You are then leisurely guided to your cabin where you will find very spacious warm accommodations. Your luggage awaits you there and you are given time to unpack and get settled. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely clean. There are no TV's but we brought our Ipad and had free wireless so were able to watch TV/Movies on that. The fishing itself is very well organized and everything- I mean everything is provided for you- warm clothes if needed, drinks, coffee, all fishing gear... They have thought of everything. You can even request what type of beer or alcohol you prefer on your boat. All meals were absolutely amazing as well. The pre dinner appetizers and outdoor bar is a great time to talk about your days fishing activities and hopefully brag about catching the biggest fish or seeing the most whales. It was nice having free time to explore the property and the small town down the road too. They had many activities to do if you didnt want to fish, biking, hiking, outdoor games- there was a BIG TV in the rec room, I think even a pool table if I remember right but we didnt use any of it. Anyway, not being a fisherman or I guess "fisherwoman", I didnt think I would have so much fun. In fact my 19lb King Salmon was the 1st fish I had ever caught... and it was WAY more fun then I ever imagined.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Sund's Lodge? Share your experiences!