“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

It was out fourth time staying in seafield and once again it didn't disappoint. From the moment we arrived the relaxed atmosphere kicked in. All of the staff are so pleasant and accommodating and always go the extra mile to make you feel special. Myself and my partner came for a spa weekend to chill after all the stress that Xmas brings followed by Jan which has a tendency to feel like a very very long month. We both got treatments in the 5 star spa, and they were 10 out of 10. We would especially like to mention Caroline and Melanie both of who are brilliant at what they do. Food was top drawer as always and the scallop dish that is currently on the starter menu is micheline star standard. The entertainment on the Saturday night was a couple playing accoustic, they were so good I was surprised that we hadn't paid into a venue to see them. So if you need to recharge your batteries, get romantic with your loved one Seafield ticks all the boxes and more. A massive thank you to everyone that ensured myself and Jacqueline had an amazing weekend and I hope that this review inspires. Give yourself a serious treat and just book this place right now.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I visited on the 30th of January 2014 with a friend. From start to finish everything was top class. The Spa is luxurious with excellent staff. The stress busting massage included as part of our spa package deal was amazing. Dinner was amazing. From start to finish a first class visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Well...What can I say. I am a huge fan of Spa breaks, I work very hard and I deserve to be pampered twice a year. My usual location of choice is Inchydoney Island in Cork. However, my friend had been to Seafield several times and asked me to try it. So I did.

The Sat Nav brought me a bit of a scenic route, so I arrived at 2.30 and had a 3.00 apt in the Spa.

The 'Gentleman' who checked me in (who I later discovered was the Manager, Micheal.), was to say the least, unhelpful. There I was, windblown and late and being a' lady packer', laden with luggage. ( by the way all the entrance doors say 'Pull', so if you have luggage, this is an issue).

He asked for a credit card number to pre authorise, and when I said I didn't have one but produced €350 worth of Gift Vouchers (Christmas/Birthday presents from friends) he got into a terrible tizzy. When he eventually sorted out his computer system, he handed me a room key and said, "The lift is over there, go to the second floor, turn right and you will find your room"
No offer of assistance with my luggage and no "Have a nice stay"

Got to the room, the landings are so dark, it is very difficult to manoeuvre the key and quite spooky if you are travelling alone.

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious with a door out on to a balcony.
I opened the door to the balcony, and absolutely NO WAY would it close again.
Now as there are no dividers between the rooms at balcony level, this was like living in a block of flats and leaving your door open!!!

Onward and forward, a wonderful Spa treatment courtesy of Aoife and I felt a bit better.
Got back to the room and had a shower (only one towel allowed folks, be prepared to reuse) and joined my friend for dinner.

Dinner was amazing, wonderful food, beautifully presented and great service. Top class.
Passed a pleasant evening in the bar and went up to a quite chilly room (even maintenance could not close that darn balcony door.

The next morning, I enjoyed an amazing Anti Aging facial, courtesy of Maeve, It is well worth the money and was most enjoyable. However, I did find the dark post-treatment relaxation room, claustrophobic. But that is my personal opinion.
My friend, however, had a bit of an episode. She went to the outdoor pool while she was waiting for her massage and because of a faulty lock, got locked outside in the hail and rain for twenty minutes in a wet swimsuit and robe. No apology from Spa management.
By the time she went for her massage, she was so cold, it was a disaster.

We dined in Gorey on Thursday night and arrived back to endure a loud and lively post conference disco in full swing, these things, I appreciate cannot be avoided, but hey ho...

Friday Morning, our day of departure, we were facilitated with a 1 pm check out as we had treatments in the Spa.

I arrived down to the Spa at about 10.45 am and asked for a robe and towel. The Spa Manageress, who really should go back to charm school, said "there is a robe in your bedroom" I replied that the same robe had been in my bedroom since Wednesday and I would like a fresh one. She begrudgingly gave me one saying "You should have asked housekeeping. We have to keep track of them", (these are rough, nasty, too small robes. In your dreams you wouldn't bother to steal one)
She also gave me instructions on how to use the lockers which made absolutely no sense and the directions that she said were on the wall beside the lockers, I could not figure out at all.
My good mood was gone................bad mood had set in.....

I had a lovely chat and a hand treatment courtesy of Dorothy, so my mood lifted slightly.

We had a great lunch in the bar and went to check out. After my friend queried the charge of her massage (remember her freezing episode) she was offered a 10% discount. She gave management time to deliberate and eventually, she was not charged for the treatment.

Some things to remember about Seafield.
A: Do not expect to be treated as a valuable guest, because management do not care.
B: If you have single occupancy, you will get ONE bath towel and ONE hand towel daily and ONE robe for the duration of your stay.
C: The drinking water in your room is tap water, not bottled
D: The Spa is amazing except for the Manageress.
E: The food is excellent and well served.
F:'Beach' is a good 20 minute walk from the Hotel and not accessible when you finally get there.
G: If you are in room 215. expect to leave your patio door open.

All in all, a nice place for a one night Spa break. But if you want the full experience, go to Inchydoney or Lyrath Estate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed with husband for a weekend mid January.
Amazing spa + absolutely amazing food... At check in receptionist was a bit 'robotic' but friendly enough.
We thought the breakfast buffet was one of the best we've experienced. Loads of staff all over the place... all multitasking and knowing exactly what to do.
Room was a bit of a let down as it wasn't clean to a high standard. We'll defo come back though...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed last night with my friend. Spa was beautiful and extremely comfortable, one of my favourites now. Rooms were modern and spacious and the bathroom was stunning. The food was excellent although we didn't have time to sample all we fancied on the menu. There was a good atmosphere in the bar as there was a good crowd in. Unfortunately the price of a drink was above average but this seems commonplace in Irish hotels nowadays. Am already looking forward to my next visit.★★★★★

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

It must be one of the best hotels in Ireland! Every weekend fully booked, great food, spacious and well equipped rooms, friendly service, perfect place for a weekend getaway even if you fly in from continental Europe.

The golf course is - in winter - a muddy lawn but the few steps from your room, awesome views and a nice layout excuse everything.

I recommend the hotel without any restrictions.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last October but it is only now I am getting the opportunity to review it as I update my travel log on tripadvisor.

The hotel is nice and I must say, the staff are excellent and very friendly. However I feel this hotel has forgotten that Ireland is in fact in recession!! €3.25 for a pot of tea and €7.25 for a glass of House Merlot are extortionate prices!

While the rooms are nice, and the bathrooms gorgeous, the heat in the rooms was sickening and we could not seem to regulate the temperature for the air con.

We stayed in the hotel for a Conference and my company had completely booked out the entire resort for the evening. However we found it was a virtual communications black hole and we had little or no phone reception in most areas of the ground floor and absolutely none in our bedrooms. It really isnt good enough in this day and age for a hotel which claims to offer superior Conference Facilities, yet cannot offer phone coverage!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!