“Cold rooms were a huge dissapointment” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ballymoney, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballymoney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
waterford city
“Cold rooms were a huge dissapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very disappointed with my recent stay. Hotel rooms (we booked two interconnecting) were freezing cold during the day. Staff were disinterested, unsympathetic and quite argumentative when asked to resolve the heating problem. Rooms were quite average. Only one lift in the hotel and this was used by staff. On the plus Side the food in the pub and restaurant was excellent and staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on third floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here last week for two nights. First impressions were very good, the grounds are very well maintained. Nice guy on reception but we had to wait until 4.10pm to get into our room, late check-outs were to blame we were told.
Our room was a good size with a large bathroom and a lovely view overlooking the golf course Bed very comfortable but I didn't sleep because the room was too hot. I did manage to turn heat down but couldn't turn it off. The hospitality tray was covered in thick dust.
My husband used the Spa and loved all aspects of it.
Breakfast was enjoyable but there were no breadrolls.
The place just lacked something for me and I was not too sure about the overall cleanliness of the place, milk jugs were filthy. I think they were just filled time after time and never washed in between.
Checking out the girl on reception was very rude and tried to charge us for an already paid for stay. (It was a Mother's day gift from my daughter) after quizzing my husband she then quizzed me. Oh , my mistake was all she said. With so many places closing down I just feel a better effort should be made to attract guests rather than put them off
Would I return , probably not.....no, definitely not.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking golfcourse
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for 1 night and it was fantastic . The staff were very friendly and the rooms were beautiful. The bathroom was to the highest standard with both a bath and a separate shower and his and her's sinks.More importantly the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. We had a balcony but I think all rooms have. The hotel is very stylish and the spa Center was very well equiped and very relaxing.We both had treatments done and it was so well worth it and the staff were wonderful. The only negative thing was our meal took 30mins to order and from start of meal to finish took 2 hours. I even got the wine menu but they never came to me for an order of wine so I didn't manage to get any with my meal . On the contrary to this the bar food was coming out fast and looked delicious , I will definitely have that the next time. The drink is a little pricey at the bar .The breakfast was really good quality with a great selection . I would definitely recommend this hotel as they also have self catering accomodation. It is so close to a lovely beach and the golf course looks good

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a balcony but you should ask for one just incase because there are lovely vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Generally I am not one to write reviews, but Oceo Spa is most definitely worth a massive thumbs up. Recently (as a day guest) We had the most fantastic treatments in my now favourite Spa. From the exceptionally friendly and helpful receptionist, the ambience, my treatments and my fantastic therapists, the relaxation room, thermal suites we spent a day which just felt like heaven. I had the lime and ginger exfoliant and my skin feels so smooth even 2 weeks later, an full body massage and a pedicure. We had the afternoon tea in the Spa, which was only about €8 each it looked and tasted fantastic. Go there, you will never forget it #wishIwasThereNow

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are a family of four & stayed in a 2 bed courtyard suite. The space in the apartment was great to have but the apartments could do with a few additions such as a fire in the living area, a DVD, more lights in the living area, a stool in the master bedroom at the dressing table, a vacuum cleaner as after 3 nights this was desperately needed! Also why not put robes and slippers in the apartments to add to the relaxing surroundings. For those planning to cook there is no cooker - there is a microwave & toaster. The price is very reasonable for a family of 4 in these apartments but a little extra would make all the difference.

We were checked in by a lovely gentleman, he was possibly the most helpful check-in I have ever experienced. Extremely helpful & went above and beyond his duties by checking we had paid our toll during the drive down from Northern Ireland, and brought it up on line and ensured we paid it & didn't get a fine! Absolutely amazing member of staff. Thank you!

We ate all our meals in the hotel and used the golf club, bar & restaurant. Every meal was fantastic. We were with another family so there were 8 of us altogether, and in 3 days we didn't have one complaint with the food. The golf club had just introduced a new menu which was very tasty, although my only complaint all weekend was the temperature in the golf club, we were absolutely freezing - there was a problem with the heating apparently but it was so uncomfortable. The staff however were very apologetic and helpful.

The spa is for over 18s only. My husband and I used it both for the hydrotherapy area and treatments. I highly recommend booking a treatment to get the full experience. Huge spa and thoroughly enjoyed it. 16 and over can use the pool with an adult at the spas discretion, so this was great as our son was able to go with my husband.

I would probably not return here with the family until my daughter is old enough to use the pool.

All in all we had a great time. The hotel is beautiful, great atmosphere , friendly staff, great food. The golf course & walks are all part of a relaxing break. The reception area & bar were constantly packed but it was Easter weekend, so to be expected. We were lucky and always seemed to get a seat in the bar, others weren't so lucky.

If taking an apartment request a nice view as some didn't have a great outlook. Double check your apartment first before settling in as there were a few maintenance issues between the two families, which were dealt with by reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here recently upon a positive recommendation from a colleague and boy did it live up to expectation. The hotel is set alongside its own golf course, situated alongside the beautiful Wexford coastline, renowned for its natural beauty.
The hotel itself is modern and contemporary whilst maintaining that quintessential Irish welcoming feeling found in all the great Irish hotels. From our arrival our every need was catered for. The rooms are clean, spacious whilst the quality of the food is excellent.

The spa at Seafield, known as the Oceo spa, in my opinion is the best I have experienced, not just in Ireland but anywhere on my travels around the world. From the time you enter the spa area the ambiance and surroundings instantly relax the senses. The pool area is calm and soothing with various saunas, steam rooms, monsoon showers and even private treatment rooms all adjacent to the pool itself. There is even an outdoor heated splash pool, which contains various air/water massage chairs.... SPECTACULAR!!!!
My wife had a facial and a manicure in the treatment room, while I enjoyed a full body massage, after my round of golf. We really cant say enough about the high standard of this hotel, especially the spa and the staff there. They really make it special for us, and we will be back, 100%. If you are thinking of holidaying in this area, make this hotel your port of call, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the coast or golf course, amazing natural beauty.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just left the hotel on Sat last after spending the night.
We arrived Good Friday at about 1.30 pm, i had booked weeks ago with pigsback.com voucher, we checked in and as there was no room ready we said we would have the afternoon tea, receptionist told us to pop back in an hour when finished our food and room would be ready. We went to the bar and then to the restaurant, we got our tea and coffee almost immediately and it was at least 30 mins before our food came, i had finished my coffee so asked for another pot, i am still waiting for it...... ( food was excellent). At 2.30 we went back to reception and asked about room, it was different girl who was very curt, said there was no room ready as check in was 3pm and come back then!! I was not happy as had so looked forward to the break. My daughter asked a different girl at 2.45pm and we were given room 236. So up we go and were greeted by the cold, the room was freezing, sub-zero, i rang down three times and went down once to reception to get sorted, it took 40 minutes to get an extra heater. I was even more unhappy... Down to spa, it is a beautiful spa, so relaxing.... It was very busy so lots of noise, not so relaxing. Had food in bar, very nice but glass of wine for €6.40 stopped me in my tracks. Had fantastic indian head massage done by Carol the next morning and used a lovely quiet spa after, bliss! Complained when checking out about issues we had, i havn't heard a word since. My friend had 10 of us booked in next month and sister is coming over from Boston with 8 friends in july and both parties have booked treatments etc .... They are cancelling... Seafield mustn't mind loosing customers????

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!