I had been there with my wife and my child (an infant of 1 year old), firstly would like to thank Mr. Tomas, Mr. Winston & Mr. Siva for great hospitality and great service. Before going with the review would like to share my experience of Maldives fortunately though June being a rainy season we did not experience any rains except for a few drizzles that only once during our stay of 5 days. The resort is a 45 min speed boat ride from Male and has villas, houses and over water houses, we were staying in the Beach House No. 3 which was very close to the reception and restaurants, the resort also has a great spa and a gym located very close to the spa, a swimming pool with various depths which can be used by babies, children and adults. Now let me share my experience
Upon exit from Male Airport we were greeted by their representative who took us to their speed boat for a 45 min onward journey to the resort, we were given life jackets in the boat alongwith some mineral water, again since ours being the only flight arriving at that time we did not have to wait for shared transfer. The representatives were very helpful and shared details of the many islands enroute. Though the transfer charges were on the higher end of USD209 pp return transfer. On reaching the resort we were welcomed by Mr. Tomas who took us to the reception area and were first served welcome drinks and refreshing towels. He explained the various meal plans and activities to be held in the resort during our stay and then drove us in a buggy to our room he also drove us around the resort showing various reefs n places
We were staying in a Beach House No. 3 which consisted of a ground + 1 storey, the ground had a coffee table n chairs alongwith beach chairs and a couch for relaxing by the beach the floor was covered with beach sand. The room & bathroom was on the 1st storey, the room had everything that is required an ipod dock for entertainment, a television, an orange juicer (with 6 oranges complimentary every day), beach slippers, beach towels, an electronic safe, a mini fridge it also has a small balcony sitting area. I would definitely recommend a beach house for a comfort stay. On request we were also provided with a child cot for the infant.
The resort houses 3 main places for dining the first being the Kandooma Cafe which had a buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and buffet dinner. There are different cuisines on different days like we had the Indian Cuisine on a Thursday, a Barbeque Night on a Friday and so on. The second restaurant was Bokkurra Coffee Club located near the swimming pool with an a-la-carte menu having pizzas pastas sandwiches, seafood and more the average price was USD28 + Taxes, the BCC also has a drinks section, the third restaurant was The Kitchen which was located near the beach open only for dinner again. There was also an entry to the sunset deck which is located right above the kitchen where you can certainly enjoy the sunset overlooking the ocean with a few drinks and the resort certainly has a good variety of drinks to sip on.
The resort has some great activities spread out during the day like the turtle reef point snorkelling, dolphin cruise, island visits and a few more activities. The reosrt also provides complimentary beginners snorkelling lessons every morning where you are taught snorkelling in the swimming pool a must visit for first timers. We were also provided life jackets and snorkelling equipment free. Besides there are other activities for the surfers and water sports like kayaking windsurfing, etc. For the kids they can enjoy at the kids club where they can indulge in some drawing, face painting, playing in the sand, there are few swings to enjoy as well, the resort also provides baby sitting services.
All in all it was a pleasurable stay and would surely go back again and recommend to all its truly amazing resort with various reefs, special appreciation to the housekeeping staff for keeping the resort and rooms clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your tropical island paradise at the lagoon-facing Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.Speedboats ferry you across the turquoise waters from Male International Airport to our contemporary resort hotel in just 40 minutes. Slip into island life from the moment you arrive at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, with world-class South Male Atoll diving and surfing on your doorstep.Our beach villas ooze style and boast luxury touches like outdoor showers and iPod docking stations. Grab a coffee and wood-fired pizza from the Bokkuraa Coffee Club beside our sparkling infinity pool, or unwind with a good book and views over the peaceful lagoon.You can indulge in a soothing Thai massage and beauty treatments in our Kandooma Spa, and book the Spa Suite's private garden with plunge pool for a romantic afternoon. Learn to sail on a catamaran trip around the region's sandbanks and take it easy with alcohol-free cocktails on a sunset cruise. It's just 5 minutes by boat from Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives for diving and snorkeling among colourful tropical fish on the reef.Face-painting and fun games keep the children entertained in our Kids' Club, while parents unwind with a game of tennis or a workout in Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives gym.Top off a perfect day with a Maldivian seafood feast and breathtaking sunsets on the deck at The Kitchen restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll
- Kandooma South Male Atoll
- Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll