Very small (810x80 meters) island with a great home reef and lots of marine animals and fish even in low-season.
We were choosing among diving focused islands and finally decided to visit Helengeli. Absolutely no regrets because it turned out to be exactly what we expected. Just the nature and human.. all together in a silent, but deep synergy.
No TV, radio, crowd, animation, etc. which makes this place ideal for tranquil and pleasant stay.
Very nice personnel as well as GM, swedish guy Mr.Per Kvist - a new on this island but sounds to be promising.
We had room # 1, having (as most of the rooms) our own exit to the ocean and nearest to the reception, bar, restaurant, library and shop. This is very good for naturally lazy people, although a walk from this area to the very end of the island would take only 5 minutes :)
The room was nice & simple as, I believe, it should be on such islands. We had roommates in the forms of bumblebees couple, small lizards and ants. But don't be afraid, they live in an open space where WC and bathroom are located.
Great transfer from/to Male, fast and smooth. Personal welcome/farewell by GM which was nice.
Only some disadvantages have been found:
- Selling potable water for 5 USD per 1,5 litre bottle (the price for the same volume: 0,3 USD in Male) is definitely not a friendly decision, especially for isolated island in a subequatorial hot country.
- Reasonably high internet fee on island is ok but internet access could be extended to the rooms so guests could use it at any time without disturbing bar's personnel at night, where it is exclusively available (could happen if it's needed urgently or most of the night, for instance) as well as in daytime in a private environment, i.e. in your room. The solution is not so pricey 'cause there's no need for cables - just several more wi-fi routers.
- We decided to leave one day earlier to secure ourselves from missing the big main flight home because of the rainy weather and secondly we would like to see Male. Unfortunatelly they did not make a refund for the room, but that's not critical. Advise: If you eager to see Male, you better do that BEFORE your island rest because this city is beautiful only from the bird's eye.. Inside it's extremely polluted, small, muggy and hackneyed city.
We sincerely hope that Male authorities will do their best to make their capital a clean and attractive city (Switch to bicycles!!!) and Helengeli owners will go on taking care of this island and its nature and wish all of them the best!
We will surely recommend this hotel to our friends and colleagues !
Great holidays to all !! Will be glad to answer any questions! email@example.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Helengeli you experience the natural beauty of the Maldives at its best. Lush tropical vegetation, completely untouched beaches of the finest white sand surrounded by a turquoise lagoon and a fantastic house reef - the unique charm of this secluded Maldivian island will captivate you as soon as you step onto it. The resort has been completely renovated and reopened only in October 2004. It has been designed and developed with the preservation of the island's fragile environment and your comfort in mind. The result is an unspoiled island paradise with all the amenities that will make you feel completely at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Helengeli Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helengeli Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Hotel Helengeli Island