“Beautiful house reef” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eriyadu Island
Hradec Kralove
“Beautiful house reef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were there on our honeymoon, I can´t imagine better place to be. The staff is very nice, always says hello. Accommodation is good, furniture is little bit old, but perfectly fit in. I liked that you don´t see houses from the beach, they are behind trees and palms. Open shower is very beautiful. What I hated about accommodation was toilet, it didn´t flush very well, so you have to repeat it several times.
We were in room number 120 and I think this room and rooms around it are the best, since there is the widest beach (rooms above 142 don´t have beach in front of room). The beach is excellent with white sand. But best of all is snorkelling in house reef, I saw plenty of colourful fish, sharks a three times a turtle. Guy from dive school said, that there is the most beautiful house reef in Maldives.
About the food. Breakfast was every day pretty same, but you have wide choice from different adjustments of eggs, breads, cakes, vegetables, very tasty juices. On lunch and dinner you can pick from chicken, beef, fish, vegetables, fruits and delicious desserts.
The biggest complaint is about trips, we signed for the but anyone happened.

Room Tip: Rooms number 116 - 136
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We didn't book this resort initially, but due to some hiccups with our tour operator in Maldives, they had to put us up for a night with Eriyadu island resort before we got on to the liver board.

Pros- Good value for money, wonderful and helpful staff, specially instructors at the dive shops. Amazing coral and marine life as expected. No loud music simply relaxing.

Cons- Rooms are tiring, showers are weak, food is a bit cold.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was my second visit to Eriyadu and I am planning to go back next year again. There is nowhere else in the Maldives that can beat Eriyadu for the combination of convenience, tranquility, beauty and value for money. The house reef has been mentioned many times and is truly beautiful with a huge variety of fish. I snorkelled with an eagle ray and a blacktip reef shark even appeared (more common in some other Maldivian islands). I also did a few dives (house reef and boat dive) and the dive centre is friendly and professional, thanks to Otto, Guido and Saeed.
The rooms are simple but large and comfortable. Showers are a little weak but no matter, time is not an issue! Food is interesting and plentiful on the full board package. The waiters are lovely - Sammy in particular, who actually remembered me from the year before!
Possibly the most perfect thing about Eriyadu is the peace. No piped music in the bar or restaurant, just the sound of the waves, and the beach is big enough for everybody. All in all, an excellent holiday at a fair price.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My best friend and I have just returned from 5 days in this little piece of Paradise! Eriyadu Island Resort consistently exceeded our expectations throughout our entire stay!
Before this trip, I made it a point not to read the negative reviews this resort has received because I didn't want it to sway my decision and this has got to be one of the best decisions that I have ever made.
The island is not for people that would like to party every evening or for those that are used to 5 star accommodations. The rooms are basic but very clean (they cleaned our rooms twice a day, including the turn down service each night). The food at the restaurant caters to all tastes so you can rest assured that you won't leave hungry. You can spend hours at the bar on the deck. The staff are friendly and always keen to help.
Because this island is so small, it is very easy to bond with other guests. This made our stay even better as we met some lovely people who were there purely because of their love for the ocean.
The house reef is unbelievable and out of this world. For someone who is terrified of the water, snorkeling at this resort gave me the opportunity to experience the beautiful corals and sea life without having to swim too far. The people at the Dive Centre are extremely professional.
Overall, this has been one of the best vacations that I have ever had. If and when I do return to the Maldives, I will definitely be staying at the Eriyadu Island Resort again!

Koper, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I went with my husband on Eriyadu last year in July 2011, we took an all inclusive packing for 7 days. Despite the bad weather and lots of rain during the day we had a pleasant stay here. If you are a kind of a tourist who likes party don't go here...it can be boring. Anyway I choose the island because of the reef (and not for luxury) and I can say it's fantastic, mindblowing how many different fishes you can find in one cubic meter of water. We had few dives and we saw lots of turtels and a manta and eagle rays and sharks...everything in front of your room!!! The diving center was very friendly and good equiped and they did us a great discount on renting equipement. Big thanks to Rasheed, my buddy in diving.
Rooms are old, dark but very clean, they change towels every day and makes shure you don't have sand in front of your room. The last night we had in our stay it was disastrous, a big storm forced us off the bed to moove it. A big leak of water started to drop on my husband head ...it was funny but for the hotel is a very BIIIIG MINUS. And we had a good position, I saw few bungalows destroyed with sea at the entrance. The ocean was few centimeters far from the room...scary. Thanks god we had our little »private« beach few steps away (15m),

Spa is good, relaxing and very friendly. Gym closed all the time...old, decadent.
Pool area is excellent and there you can be spoiled by the staff.
The excursions where there on the info board only for teasing you. The only excursion you can do »if they have at least 4 partecipant« is night fishing but we never had the chance. A family next our bungalow, I believe they where 6, never wanted anybody on the boat during that fishing and they took the whole boat for themselves every night. I think it was very rude to us that the staff didn't bother and despite every time I asked for the boat..they had the same reason why we can not attempt the night fishing. This is the only big complain I have. It was low season and of corse we had only 30 guests on the island, so no excursions. Very dissapionting.
ALL INCLUSIVE is great , you can drink as many soft drinks you want and 1 cocktail a day. Beer is also non stop...we killed a lot of tigers.  The best thing was the new bar on the deck, we stayed there most of the rain and we had lots of fun with Serat the barman from Sri Lanka. Big thanks to his positive thinking and friendship.
Food was little repetitive but very good and tasty. And this is all you'll get on all inclusive...breakfast, lunch and dinner. No snack bars, no icecream no nothing. Only the bar in your room...expensive.
Anyway some plus some minus. If I go back to Maldives in future I'll try somewhere else...
CORAL REEF – big 10 ROOMS - 5
STAFF- 8 ENTERTAINMENT – 0
FOOD - 7

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I came here with my husband 9 years ago. These past years we have seen many other islands, and now that our son is old enough to appreciate it, brought him to the Maldives, and returned to Eriyadu. To our delight, we found the island and resort not only as lovely and unspoiled as 9 years ago, but it's actually even better now. The house reef is just incredible, even for a 5 year old boy who doesn't swim that well. Coral has grown much since we were here last (the EL Niño devastation was still recent). The resort is quite "Spartan", the opposite of a Club Med holiday. Extremely quiet, reserved, no disco, no animation...a great diving, great snorkelling, the food is good enough for me. there is always pasta, our pizza, vegetables, salads, meat and fish, and if you enjoy it (which I do) a good curry corner. And anything you ask for, they will get for you if they can. Service is really lovely. There is a TV in the room with satellite TV..but I never switched it on, can't tell you much. :-) there is a swimming pool with fresh water. I haven't used it but my small son quite enjoys 15 minutes there. When I arrived I had a terrible back ache that caused me loads if sleep..so I tried the massage here. I got tapped and pulled and stretched and my aches are ask gone..and I slept fitfully after that. The bathroom is perfectly clean with both bathtub and open-air Maldivian shower, what a lovely experience. The only thing I would tell you is...bring lots of insect repellent! The mosquitoes are THERE and they want your blood! Perfect holiday, though it rained quite a bit (lots more fish in the sea, sea is warn, and so is the outside temperature). I think I may just come back a third time.

• Stayed May 2012
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited here for 10 nights in February 2012. Before we went i read other reviews and was slightly dubious about what to expect but as the comments about the house reef were all so glowing i stayed focused on that! I needn't have worried at all, in short it was the best holiday we have had and we are saving for our next visit. I do wonder which resort the people who complain about staff, management, food and accomodation stayed at?? Yes the room was basic and a little tired BUT it was big, with a lot of storage, excellent air conditioning and kept scrupulously clean (it was tidied twice a day!), the bed was large and oh so comfortable; and the only noise we heard was the sea. Staff were lovely - all staff and management. (A special mention to) Zane (front of house / reception) welcomed us when we arrived, was so friendly and made it very clear if there was anything we needed during our stay to let him know. Our waiter Neehar so polite, efficient and sweet and Naaem (tourism) so friendly, easy going, knowledgeable and informative. The food was great with a good selection and variation and we are both vegetarian. As for trips? both trips we booked on ran; the only time they don't run is if they don't have enough people wanting to go on them, this is approximately 8 so not an excessive number. Now for the house reef - mind blowing. we snorkelled twice a day for about 2 hours each time - fantastic, without sounding like my dad 'it was like being stuffed in an overcrowded aquarium'! :) The fish were massive and so many varieties and on our last day we saw a manta ray on the reef - how very special. In the evening a nurse shark and baby black tip would swim in and glide right by you as you sit in the open air bar. How people can get bored in a place like this? for anybody wanting a beautiful, low key resort, where you can relax and swim on the BEST house reef ROUND THE WHOLE ISLAND then book here, you won't be disappointed. We can not wait to get back there. :) ps. valentines night there is very special, all tables set up outside, balloons, candles and every piece of veg etc cut into hearts - too cute. pps do try the treatments at the spa - second to none :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eriyadu Island Resort? Share your experiences!