“Relax and Enjoy the breeze!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Zurich, Switzerland
“Relax and Enjoy the breeze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Definitely the best place in Maldives! Very good service, friendly staff and many (and delicious) options for food - due to the great variety of restaurants they have. It's definitely the place to go and enjoy the beautiful sea.

Room Tip: Take the Beach Villas and not the Water Villas, because you can get your own little place at the bea...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear isantarosa,

It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your recent visit to the Maldives; in particular the beach and ocean along with the quality of food. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Martin Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Many villas in this resort have a noise issue: we initially were in a Beach Villa (#214) and there were birds singing the whole night; maybe they were nesting right there or maybe we were just unlucky, but even if you’re not a sensitive sleeper I bet it would be very difficult to sleep well for anybody.
We presented the problem and were upgraded to a Water Villa suite after 2 nights (Villa #320). This Villa at the top end of the resort jetty is very spacious and private. However, due to its exposure, the structure of the jetty and the rocky shallow waters we again had a problem with noise during the night, as even very little waves were breaking many and many times, echoing and amplifying the sound which you hear just under your bedroom.
At this point my comment is that I am very surprised they did not think to build their villas soundproof.
We reported the issue once more to the guest services manager, but their reaction this time was absolutely poor, not at four seasons standards. During a sleepless night one of them showed me another Water Villa and we agreed that we may possibly switch the next day; however, the following day that Villa was sold and we were not asked at all if we preferred to switch or not. Another guest services manager was very arrogant at the Blue restaurant in justifying this (the concept basically was “business is business”); I also feel another of them didn’t properly greet us on the day of departure, showing no sign at all to sympathize with our disappointment.
The thing I am most surprised about is the total absence of the General Manager in this matter. At other Four Seasons I stayed in (New York, Sharm El Sheik), whenever there were problems the General Manager was always there and took up the matter personally. Their promptness made me a repeated guests of those Four Seasons, whereas I think there won’t be a second time at Landaa Giraavaru.
I also have to report that in both villas there was not enough hot water to fill the bathtub after a shower.
Having said that, the rate I gave certainly does not reflect the service in all the restaurants (almost always excellent), the really fantastic beach and the very nice 50m main pool. Food was almost always good, although not really excellent (I think they definitely need to change the supplier of some popular items, such as smoked salmon; parmesan and feta cheese also were of cheap supermarket quality).
The Spa was very good; I had excellent yoga sessions on the Water bungalows and some interesting Ayurvedic treatments (the facial, however, was not a real facial, but more like a face massage).

So all in all the noise issue spoliled our stay, and the managers did not react appropriately; it would have been better to move us in a more repaired Water Villa, even if smaller than other Villas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear stefdir,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your visit in December. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the island however I was disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced with noise during your stay. Being a natural jungle environment with lots of trees and foliage, there are birds on the island; however it is not a common issue or source of noise at the Resort. In an effort to make up for the noise issue you had, we upgraded you to a beautiful Two Bedroom Over Water Villa Suite; in hindsight perhaps a Water Villa closer to the Resort would have been a better choice and suited your needs more.

On a more positive note I was delighted to hear about your great experiences at the Spa and Restaurants.

During your stay at the Resort, our General Manager was off island and therefore not available to meet up with you during your visit; however should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, please do let me know as I would be delighted to assist. My contact email address is martin.cody@fourseasons.com.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to give you a true Four Seasons experience when your plans bring you back to The Maldives.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

From arrival to departure, our experience at Landaa was nothing short of phenomenal.

At the airport, we were picked up in a Land Rover and whisked away to a beautiful private lounge while we waited for our sea plane come in to take us to the resort. We had no idea what was waiting for us when we go to the Island...

The Property - This place was stunning. The landscape, the accommodations, the scenery. Nothing I have ever experienced compares to what Landaa provided. We stayed in a Sunset Villa. It was massive. A family of 8 could have slept in it. It was immaculate. There were so many details in the decoration and organization of the villas. Incredible! Housekeeping was efficient, friendly and right on time every day, twice a day. The only means of travel on this island are by walking, biking or calling for the golf cart. We chose to ride the bikes provided to us by the resort. We rode to the beaches, which are world class. Super clean, white, soft sand beaches. I have never seen such a clean restroom on a beach before. Not a speck of sand was on the floor or a sink in there.
The views of the Maldives and Landaa are breathtaking. You could walk the sand bars out about a quarter of a mile or go right outside your beachside villa and snorkel. There is wildlife everywhere. It's just gorgeous.

The Food: Though the food is limited, because you are on a small island, the restaurants are world class. All of the restaurants Landaa has to offer are top tier. Mali, the food and beverage director makes sure of it. Room service food is just as delicious as tableside. Breakfast is incredible, as they have an international buffet type offering. Lunch is available poolside or beachside (more choices beachside) and dinner is to die for at any of the restaurants.

The Staff: I cannot say enough about the staff at Landaa. They are an incredible team of individuals, from the group raking the bike paths, all the way to the resort manager. We met everyone. Everyone is always smiling, saying hello to you (calling you by your name!). The staff makes you feel at home in this serene escape. Mali, the food and beverage director, stopped to talk with us on multiple occasions and even sent us a room service gift of chocolates. Azu, at the front desk went above and beyond to satisfy a special request my husband and I made. We wanted a piece of the Maldives to take home, so she made it happen. I was so excited I hugged her! She seemed surprised, but she didn't know how much it meant to us.

If I was allowed more vacation days per year, I would make sure to revisit regularly. This place is unlike anywhere I have every been. My husband and I had a wonderful honeymoon, thanks to Landaa Giraavaru. This place has set the bar for vacation destinations. Second to None.

Room Tip: Watch the sharks swim under your villa from the floor windows in you Sunrise/Sunset Villa bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear a4zat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit. I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your time on the island and will be sure to share your comments with Mali, Azu and all the team. We are spoiled with a truly wonderful location in the world; however it is the efforts of the team on a day to day basis that helps deliver the type of experiences you enjoyed on your honeymoon. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again; perhaps for a 1st anniversary visit.

Meggen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent for a 2nd time in a row our Xmas (12 nights) on this island and got again overwhelmed with this people's personality, friendliness and attention to detail.
Last time, we split our time 50/50 staying at a beach villa and at a sea villa. This time we chose to stay at a sea villa only and loved it, despite safety concerns regarding our children aged 3 and 1. We recommend a sea villa, even for families with small children. And we certainly recommend this island, this resort for any family with (small) children. Never felt that welcome with small children at a hotel or resort at this high luxury level.
And again, besides the location, the excellent service, the food etc. etc. it's really the p e o p l e, the staff, who make all the difference. Some of the staff members knew our and our kids name before we arrived the first time ... they studied the arrival list and figured out that this 2 year old girl running in front of us must be Ayana. And they were right - to our astonishment. But their habit of greeting you by name, their friendliness seems very natural and is therefore most pleasing.
Hope to be back for Xmas 2014.

Room Tip: Sea Villa or one of the bigger Beach Villas facing the sun set.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear swissandy1969,

I was so happy to read your recent review about your return visit to Landaa Giraavaru this past festive season. I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team; they will be delighted to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay. The younger members of the family are very important to us and I am happy we managed to give them such a great experience. We had many themed evenings in our Kids Club over the 2 weeks and all the kids on the island seemed to enjoy them very much.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to your Maldives home soon again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stunning location with very friendly staff (although I sometimes felt it was a little starchy). The rooms are beautiful, as are the lounge and relaxing areas. The pool area and views are spectacular. The marine biology centre on the island has done some amazing work in restoration of the house reefs. The coral transplantation project has had a very positive effect and has lead to some great branching coral colonies to explore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chewy1314,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your visit in February last year. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and in particular the Marine Discovery Centre. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some point in 2014.

Best wishes,

Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our third visit and by far our most favourite. The island since our last visit has been refurbished (All of the beach villas I believe) the staff have reached new levels with the service and care they provide. In combination with the stunning location, awarding winning over water healing spa, the care of the staff, the comfort of the rooms, the beauty of the sands and the sea ~ I very much doubt you could find a better hotel anywhere in the world. It is absolutely world class. We are coming back again in the spring and honestly I just can not wait. Everyone at the Four Seasons Landaa should be extremely proud ~ there really can not be a more beautiful hotel in all of the world.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Pyes,

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know how much you enjoyed your return visit. We are honored when guests return to the island and I am delighted to know that you have found your home away from home in the Maldives. We have received lots of compliments from our return guests on the enhancements made to the Beach Villas and Beach Bungalows. I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Best wishes,

Wassenaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were at the Four Seasons a few years back now, and all I can say is that we had an absolutely amazing time. We stayed in both the water and beach bungalows and both had it's own charm. The kids received big cookies and the rooms were spotless. An amazing range of water sports and options.
For a week or so during the stay, we went on the Four Seasons Explorer and sailed through the islands- this was probably the highlight.
Back to the hotel; the food was brilliant, a nice range of restaurants and well served. We did our PADI course as well and the instructors were very professional.
An amazing family stay and I can recommend the hotel, it was truly an amazing, amazing hotel.

Room Tip: The sea bungalows are exquisite.
Dear Aroaair,

I am glad to know how much enjoyed your stay with us at Landaa Giraavaru and had the opportunity to spend a week on the Four Seasons Explorer. It is a superb way to discover the Maldives. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Martin Cody

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!