“Perfection - the best resort I have visited” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
New York City, New York
“Perfection - the best resort I have visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Everything about this resort exceeded expectations - quite simply perfection.

The location - stunning natural beauty with the adventure starting with a short trip via a seaplane which provides fabulous views of the atolls and the other resorts. From the time we arrived at the resort to our departure we were treated like royalty. The quality of the staff and their attention to detail was perfection. This is all due to the quality and strength of the senior management team (I believe the GM was called Martin) - they were evident at all locations on the property and the reaction to any request or question was 'of course'. Nothing was ever questioned - just resolved. Every luxury resort we now visit we judge compared to this service - because it was perfection.

Given the size of the resort the food choices are very good. The grill by the ocean was fantastic - first of all a great location, lovely fresh fish and very attentive service including showing you the catch of the day as part of the menu description. The breakfast buffet was superb, excellent choice and a high quality of food. A little touch which I liked was you could order your eggs etc from the attentive staff rather than having to stand and wait by the 'eggs station'. Importantly the menu was very flexible - on a number of occasions I ordered off menu which was actively encouraged by the staff.

As we were staying for a long period and the resort was not very busy we were upgraded to an over-water-villa. The accommodations were excellent - very spacious, maintained to a high standard with excellent facilities. The housekeeping was excellent - room cleanliness is critical to us and they never disappointed.

Although this is a small resort there are a number of different activities. The beach and ocean are first class, in addition we went on a number of cruises and snorkeling trips and attended a couple of talks on the local eco-systems which was really interesting and well presented. In addition we also used the fitness facilities - again this demonstrated the quality of service as I had forgotten my training shoes and they flew a pair in from a nearby resort.

Loved the resort - every second of it. Every other luxury resort manager should visit Four Seasons Landaa and strive to achieve the same quality and attentiveness of staff. Perfection in every way. Other resorts also have stunning natural beauty and fabulous facilities - however the quality of the service really sets this resort apart. We will return later this year/early next year for our honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear IanCrab,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us; I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and happy to know that you are planning a return trip for your honeymoon next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist with the details of your stay - martin.cody@fourseasons.com.

I will share your feedback with the team regarding how much you enjoyed the quality of food on the island, the activities on offer as well as the service offered by all the employees in particular the housekeepers . They will be delighted to know the positive impact they had upon your stay.

Martin Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The best resort i have ever been too.. food, staff, activities were outstanding. no words can describe perfection! The beds were so comfortable, ocean view, private pool, and was in a private gazebo ! this place is truly magical, almost felt like you were a celebrity. An outstanding property. plan to come back more often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Nidhi S,

It was very nice to know how much you enjoyed your stay at The Resort; from the employees and restaurants to the private pools and gazebos along with the stunning ocean views. Please let us know when your plans bring you back to the Maldives so we can ensure another truly memorable experience next time round.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in July in a sunset water villa 403. I have nothing else to add to what countless others have said.... other than the resort completely exceeded our expectations. We always try to book FS resorts or hotels whenever we travel and I think what sets this one apart is the staff will sincerely do whatever possible to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible.

Thank you Vera and Martin for offering us the choice of villa upgrade - this was much much appreciated. The dive centre was excellent, the staff were so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and my son and I were so happy to finally get our dive certification; Fernando was a great dive instructor. The housekeeping service was impeccable and thoughtful. Finally thanks to the technician guy who offered to jump into the ocean to retrieve my son's flip flop ;-) he randomly passed by in the jetty and came to our assistance without a moment's hesitation.

The bicycles were such a nice touch and I loved the spa as well as the morning yoga and evening meditation sessions. My only regret is not having enough time to experience some of the Ayurvedic treatments.

The food was a little expensive but no more than what I would expect to pay in a good restaurant in Hong Kong. We especially loved the Blu restaurant (thanks Eddie)

Kudos Martin for your wonderful team and thank you again for an amazing stay. We will definitely come back soon.

Room Tip: If you choose a water villa, ask for the ones nearer to the Blu beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vivi912,

It was a pleasure having the opportunity to meet you and your family during your recent stay with us and I was so happy to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island. I will be sure to share your kind words with Vera, Fernando and Eddie along with everyone else who made your stay so memorable. We all hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Landaa Giraavaru soon again.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the most amazing properties I have visited in my life. Nothing to complain about. Can only wish other hotels in the Maldives and elsewhere will learn from Landaa and its amazing management.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Transperancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; I was so happy to note how much you and yor family enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family stayed at the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru in late July. It truly is a special place, particularly due to the warm and friendly staff and their fairy-godmother like ways of granting all of your wishes. Everyone we met was genuinely helpful, willing to discuss turtles or what its like to live on the island, etc. One of the managers even chased us down to bring us an umbrella when we were caught in a sudden rain shower. Our villa was lovely on the inside, with very comfortable bedding, a well-stocked minibar including my special drink request, daily fresh fruit, and nice toiletries. The outside areas were only slightly less perfect with a few minor issues that appeared to need maintenance (e.g., concrete around the pool area, inoperative night lights around the pool, and a missing canopy and mattress on the poolside cabana) but these issues did not really impact our stay. I cannot say enough regarding how responsive staff were to requests. Want a limb removed from a tree to enhance your ocean view?...it's done. Need some items laundered?...they come back smelling amazing and wrapped in paper and ribbons. We enjoyed many of the activities available on the island including the marine center talks, kayaking, jet skiing, and snorkeling. On the snorkeling adventure we were taken to a reef where there were so many things to see and large coral cliffs. Our guide was very attentive to the needs of the group and answered questions and pointed out interesting sights. When we returned to the dive center they were getting ready to take a group out to snorkel with the manta rays since they had been spotted and we got to just spontaneously join in. I can't tell you how amazing that experience was and again, staff were very attentive to guests giving good instructions about what to expect once you were in the water and providing directions once you were in the water to help you get the best view. The food available was outstanding. We primarily ordered in-villa dining except for breakfast which we ate at the main restaurant buffet style. All of the food we enjoyed on the island was delicious. I especially enjoyed the fish curry with naan. Honestly, I feel like I can't even write a review that conveys how wonderful this place is. I was so sad to be leaving the staff and the pampered lifestyle they provided as our boat pulled away from the dock to take us out to our seaplane.

Room Tip: We stayed in villas 212 and 211. Although we were close to one of the restaurants and heard some no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angus Murphy,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent visit to The Maldives. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I will be sure to share your comments with all the team. They will be excited to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay.

It seems you managed to enjoy all the activities the Resort has to offer; from Kayaking and Jet Skiing to snorkeling and diving; and not to forget the swimming with Mantas. This is the highlight of so many of our guests' visit.

The interior of all the Beach Villas was recently renovated and the feedback from guests has been very positive. They very much enjoy the light and airy feel of the rooms. I have shared your feedback regarding the outdoor space of the Villa with the housekeeping Manager. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; rest assured it will be fixed immediately.

Food is a very important component of a great Resort experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed all of your meals at The Resort in particular the fish curry.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I couldn't ask for more... Just the perfect holiday for us. The resort, the view and its staff are definitely outstanding.....

They have couple of restaurants and all serve excellent food with excellent selection of wines.

Riding on a bicycle around the resort was definitely fun :)

Room Tip: Go on a dolphin watching trip.. It's definitely worth it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Chouchou74_2000

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the great food and wine to discovering the island by bicycle. I will be sure to share your comments with all the team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Landaa Giraavaru soon again.

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As in any Four Seasons, it doesn't come cheap, but I think you do get your money's worth. The staff is like no other and go out of their way to cater to your needs. They turned around a surprise for my wife in less than 1hr, and helped me to take me on a boat to a platform to take great sunset shots, and pick me up when I was done,

We did a wine class and a cooking class even though they are not part of the schedule.

Great service, great location.....

Room Tip: stay at the water villas on the sunrise side... guaranteed a long time on the sun during the day, sh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ivan_Gomez-Ukr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us following your recent visit. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again for some more wine and cooking classes along with the opportunity to see the perfect Maldivian Sunset.

Martin Cody

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!