Everything about this resort exceeded expectations - quite simply perfection.
The location - stunning natural beauty with the adventure starting with a short trip via a seaplane which provides fabulous views of the atolls and the other resorts. From the time we arrived at the resort to our departure we were treated like royalty. The quality of the staff and their attention to detail was perfection. This is all due to the quality and strength of the senior management team (I believe the GM was called Martin) - they were evident at all locations on the property and the reaction to any request or question was 'of course'. Nothing was ever questioned - just resolved. Every luxury resort we now visit we judge compared to this service - because it was perfection.
Given the size of the resort the food choices are very good. The grill by the ocean was fantastic - first of all a great location, lovely fresh fish and very attentive service including showing you the catch of the day as part of the menu description. The breakfast buffet was superb, excellent choice and a high quality of food. A little touch which I liked was you could order your eggs etc from the attentive staff rather than having to stand and wait by the 'eggs station'. Importantly the menu was very flexible - on a number of occasions I ordered off menu which was actively encouraged by the staff.
As we were staying for a long period and the resort was not very busy we were upgraded to an over-water-villa. The accommodations were excellent - very spacious, maintained to a high standard with excellent facilities. The housekeeping was excellent - room cleanliness is critical to us and they never disappointed.
Although this is a small resort there are a number of different activities. The beach and ocean are first class, in addition we went on a number of cruises and snorkeling trips and attended a couple of talks on the local eco-systems which was really interesting and well presented. In addition we also used the fitness facilities - again this demonstrated the quality of service as I had forgotten my training shoes and they flew a pair in from a nearby resort.
Loved the resort - every second of it. Every other luxury resort manager should visit Four Seasons Landaa and strive to achieve the same quality and attentiveness of staff. Perfection in every way. Other resorts also have stunning natural beauty and fabulous facilities - however the quality of the service really sets this resort apart. We will return later this year/early next year for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru. A scenic sea-plane ride from Malé Airport, discover a paradise hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets wild natural beauty. This verdant, beach-fringed coral island offers sophisticated pleasures on land and water – from genuine ayurvedic therapies in the spa to splashing, sailing or diving in the jewel-like Indian Ocean and the Maldives’ most pristine lagoon. Located within the Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Four Seasons Resort Landaa Giraavaru is a remote natural wilderness that invites a sense of discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maldives At Landaa Giraavaru
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Landaa Giraavaru Hotel Baa Atoll
- Four Seasons Maldives
- Four Seasons Baa Atoll
- Baa Atoll Four Seasons