“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package!
Hong Kong
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in July in a sunset water villa 403. I have nothing else to add to what countless others have said.... other than the resort completely exceeded our expectations. We always try to book FS resorts or hotels whenever we travel and I think what sets this one apart is the staff will sincerely do whatever possible to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible.

Thank you Vera and Martin for offering us the choice of villa upgrade - this was much much appreciated. The dive centre was excellent, the staff were so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and my son and I were so happy to finally get our dive certification; Fernando was a great dive instructor. The housekeeping service was impeccable and thoughtful. Finally thanks to the technician guy who offered to jump into the ocean to retrieve my son's flip flop ;-) he randomly passed by in the jetty and came to our assistance without a moment's hesitation.

The bicycles were such a nice touch and I loved the spa as well as the morning yoga and evening meditation sessions. My only regret is not having enough time to experience some of the Ayurvedic treatments.

The food was a little expensive but no more than what I would expect to pay in a good restaurant in Hong Kong. We especially loved the Blu restaurant (thanks Eddie)

Kudos Martin for your wonderful team and thank you again for an amazing stay. We will definitely come back soon.

Room Tip: If you choose a water villa, ask for the ones nearer to the Blu beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Vivi912,

It was a pleasure having the opportunity to meet you and your family during your recent stay with us and I was so happy to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island. I will be sure to share your kind words with Vera, Fernando and Eddie along with everyone else who made your stay so memorable. We all hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Landaa Giraavaru soon again.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the most amazing properties I have visited in my life. Nothing to complain about. Can only wish other hotels in the Maldives and elsewhere will learn from Landaa and its amazing management.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Transperancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; I was so happy to note how much you and yor family enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family stayed at the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru in late July. It truly is a special place, particularly due to the warm and friendly staff and their fairy-godmother like ways of granting all of your wishes. Everyone we met was genuinely helpful, willing to discuss turtles or what its like to live on the island, etc. One of the managers even chased us down to bring us an umbrella when we were caught in a sudden rain shower. Our villa was lovely on the inside, with very comfortable bedding, a well-stocked minibar including my special drink request, daily fresh fruit, and nice toiletries. The outside areas were only slightly less perfect with a few minor issues that appeared to need maintenance (e.g., concrete around the pool area, inoperative night lights around the pool, and a missing canopy and mattress on the poolside cabana) but these issues did not really impact our stay. I cannot say enough regarding how responsive staff were to requests. Want a limb removed from a tree to enhance your ocean view?...it's done. Need some items laundered?...they come back smelling amazing and wrapped in paper and ribbons. We enjoyed many of the activities available on the island including the marine center talks, kayaking, jet skiing, and snorkeling. On the snorkeling adventure we were taken to a reef where there were so many things to see and large coral cliffs. Our guide was very attentive to the needs of the group and answered questions and pointed out interesting sights. When we returned to the dive center they were getting ready to take a group out to snorkel with the manta rays since they had been spotted and we got to just spontaneously join in. I can't tell you how amazing that experience was and again, staff were very attentive to guests giving good instructions about what to expect once you were in the water and providing directions once you were in the water to help you get the best view. The food available was outstanding. We primarily ordered in-villa dining except for breakfast which we ate at the main restaurant buffet style. All of the food we enjoyed on the island was delicious. I especially enjoyed the fish curry with naan. Honestly, I feel like I can't even write a review that conveys how wonderful this place is. I was so sad to be leaving the staff and the pampered lifestyle they provided as our boat pulled away from the dock to take us out to our seaplane.

Room Tip: We stayed in villas 212 and 211. Although we were close to one of the restaurants and heard some no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angus Murphy,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent visit to The Maldives. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I will be sure to share your comments with all the team. They will be excited to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay.

It seems you managed to enjoy all the activities the Resort has to offer; from Kayaking and Jet Skiing to snorkeling and diving; and not to forget the swimming with Mantas. This is the highlight of so many of our guests' visit.

The interior of all the Beach Villas was recently renovated and the feedback from guests has been very positive. They very much enjoy the light and airy feel of the rooms. I have shared your feedback regarding the outdoor space of the Villa with the housekeeping Manager. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; rest assured it will be fixed immediately.

Food is a very important component of a great Resort experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed all of your meals at The Resort in particular the fish curry.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I couldn't ask for more... Just the perfect holiday for us. The resort, the view and its staff are definitely outstanding.....

They have couple of restaurants and all serve excellent food with excellent selection of wines.

Riding on a bicycle around the resort was definitely fun :)

Room Tip: Go on a dolphin watching trip.. It's definitely worth it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Chouchou74_2000

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the great food and wine to discovering the island by bicycle. I will be sure to share your comments with all the team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Landaa Giraavaru soon again.

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As in any Four Seasons, it doesn't come cheap, but I think you do get your money's worth. The staff is like no other and go out of their way to cater to your needs. They turned around a surprise for my wife in less than 1hr, and helped me to take me on a boat to a platform to take great sunset shots, and pick me up when I was done,

We did a wine class and a cooking class even though they are not part of the schedule.

Great service, great location.....

Room Tip: stay at the water villas on the sunrise side... guaranteed a long time on the sun during the day, sh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ivan_Gomez-Ukr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us following your recent visit. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again for some more wine and cooking classes along with the opportunity to see the perfect Maldivian Sunset.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here last year and I absolutely loved it. It's a fantastic hotel and the people at work there are so lovely. The food is great and riding around on the bikes is an added extra. There's lots of wildlife, I.e lizards and fruit bats etc and the rooms are just amazing, I would recommend this to anybody. There is nothing bad to say. I would definitely recommend the spa as well. !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lizz W,

It was very nice to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Resort; from the great food and Spa to all the natural wildlife on the island. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives soon again.

scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at resort in may and found the resort outstanding, certainly one of the best of the 40 some four seasons we have stayed at thus far.
We had the beach Vila room with the lap pool and I highly recommend this for its privacy and size. It was like staying in your own beach house. I think it was much nicer and much more private than the over the water villas.
The staff was great and everyone went out of their way to make our trip special.
The food was excellant and they had several different types of cuisine to please anyone.
As far as what to bring, my recommendation is as little as possible. Shorts,light tops and sandals.. Leave the designer clothes for your Paris trip because you will have no use for it here.
The downside of the trip was the Maldives entered their rainy season early and the weather was not conducive for diving as the water was too murky and rough to enjoy it.
The dive shop was truly outstanding and I went solo with my own dive master on the dives and the guys did everything they could to make each dive a great experience.
My advice is to go there in February or march.
This is a very long trip from the states, around 30 plus hours from Los Angeles. It's really too far for just a one week trip and we were the only USA guests there. Unfortunately I could not take mor time off.
In summary, great resort, go in February or March and just bring casual clothes and save this trip when you have more than a week off.
One other note, the stop off in their other resort on departure day is fantastic, definitely do that and eat at the Indian restruant. They had the best Indian food I've ever eaten. Maldives is one hour from India so this is a perfect stop off on way to or from India!

Room Tip: Large beach villa with lap pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Scottsdaletraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Landaa Giraavaru. I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the size and decor of the Beach Villa to the warm and friendly service provided by all the team. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone in particular the team at the Dive Centre and our Executive Chef and his kitchen brigade. They will be very happy to know how much you enjoyed the food at The Resort.

Your recommendation of visiting India pre or post your Maldives stay is a great way to explore the southern tip of Asia. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives when your plans bring you back to this part of the world.

Martin Cody

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!