“Perfection...” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package!
kentucky
“Perfection...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family stayed at the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru in late July. It truly is a special place, particularly due to the warm and friendly staff and their fairy-godmother like ways of granting all of your wishes. Everyone we met was genuinely helpful, willing to discuss turtles or what its like to live on the island, etc. One of the managers even chased us down to bring us an umbrella when we were caught in a sudden rain shower. Our villa was lovely on the inside, with very comfortable bedding, a well-stocked minibar including my special drink request, daily fresh fruit, and nice toiletries. The outside areas were only slightly less perfect with a few minor issues that appeared to need maintenance (e.g., concrete around the pool area, inoperative night lights around the pool, and a missing canopy and mattress on the poolside cabana) but these issues did not really impact our stay. I cannot say enough regarding how responsive staff were to requests. Want a limb removed from a tree to enhance your ocean view?...it's done. Need some items laundered?...they come back smelling amazing and wrapped in paper and ribbons. We enjoyed many of the activities available on the island including the marine center talks, kayaking, jet skiing, and snorkeling. On the snorkeling adventure we were taken to a reef where there were so many things to see and large coral cliffs. Our guide was very attentive to the needs of the group and answered questions and pointed out interesting sights. When we returned to the dive center they were getting ready to take a group out to snorkel with the manta rays since they had been spotted and we got to just spontaneously join in. I can't tell you how amazing that experience was and again, staff were very attentive to guests giving good instructions about what to expect once you were in the water and providing directions once you were in the water to help you get the best view. The food available was outstanding. We primarily ordered in-villa dining except for breakfast which we ate at the main restaurant buffet style. All of the food we enjoyed on the island was delicious. I especially enjoyed the fish curry with naan. Honestly, I feel like I can't even write a review that conveys how wonderful this place is. I was so sad to be leaving the staff and the pampered lifestyle they provided as our boat pulled away from the dock to take us out to our seaplane.

Room Tip: We stayed in villas 212 and 211. Although we were close to one of the restaurants and heard some no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Angus Murphy,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent visit to The Maldives. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I will be sure to share your comments with all the team. They will be excited to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay.

It seems you managed to enjoy all the activities the Resort has to offer; from Kayaking and Jet Skiing to snorkeling and diving; and not to forget the swimming with Mantas. This is the highlight of so many of our guests' visit.

The interior of all the Beach Villas was recently renovated and the feedback from guests has been very positive. They very much enjoy the light and airy feel of the rooms. I have shared your feedback regarding the outdoor space of the Villa with the housekeeping Manager. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; rest assured it will be fixed immediately.

Food is a very important component of a great Resort experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed all of your meals at The Resort in particular the fish curry.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives soon again.

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I couldn't ask for more... Just the perfect holiday for us. The resort, the view and its staff are definitely outstanding.....

They have couple of restaurants and all serve excellent food with excellent selection of wines.

Riding on a bicycle around the resort was definitely fun :)

Room Tip: Go on a dolphin watching trip.. It's definitely worth it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Chouchou74_2000

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the great food and wine to discovering the island by bicycle. I will be sure to share your comments with all the team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Landaa Giraavaru soon again.

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As in any Four Seasons, it doesn't come cheap, but I think you do get your money's worth. The staff is like no other and go out of their way to cater to your needs. They turned around a surprise for my wife in less than 1hr, and helped me to take me on a boat to a platform to take great sunset shots, and pick me up when I was done,

We did a wine class and a cooking class even though they are not part of the schedule.

Great service, great location.....

Room Tip: stay at the water villas on the sunrise side... guaranteed a long time on the sun during the day, sh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ivan_Gomez-Ukr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us following your recent visit. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again for some more wine and cooking classes along with the opportunity to see the perfect Maldivian Sunset.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here last year and I absolutely loved it. It's a fantastic hotel and the people at work there are so lovely. The food is great and riding around on the bikes is an added extra. There's lots of wildlife, I.e lizards and fruit bats etc and the rooms are just amazing, I would recommend this to anybody. There is nothing bad to say. I would definitely recommend the spa as well. !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lizz W,

It was very nice to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Resort; from the great food and Spa to all the natural wildlife on the island. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives soon again.

scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at resort in may and found the resort outstanding, certainly one of the best of the 40 some four seasons we have stayed at thus far.
We had the beach Vila room with the lap pool and I highly recommend this for its privacy and size. It was like staying in your own beach house. I think it was much nicer and much more private than the over the water villas.
The staff was great and everyone went out of their way to make our trip special.
The food was excellant and they had several different types of cuisine to please anyone.
As far as what to bring, my recommendation is as little as possible. Shorts,light tops and sandals.. Leave the designer clothes for your Paris trip because you will have no use for it here.
The downside of the trip was the Maldives entered their rainy season early and the weather was not conducive for diving as the water was too murky and rough to enjoy it.
The dive shop was truly outstanding and I went solo with my own dive master on the dives and the guys did everything they could to make each dive a great experience.
My advice is to go there in February or march.
This is a very long trip from the states, around 30 plus hours from Los Angeles. It's really too far for just a one week trip and we were the only USA guests there. Unfortunately I could not take mor time off.
In summary, great resort, go in February or March and just bring casual clothes and save this trip when you have more than a week off.
One other note, the stop off in their other resort on departure day is fantastic, definitely do that and eat at the Indian restruant. They had the best Indian food I've ever eaten. Maldives is one hour from India so this is a perfect stop off on way to or from India!

Room Tip: Large beach villa with lap pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Scottsdaletraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Landaa Giraavaru. I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the size and decor of the Beach Villa to the warm and friendly service provided by all the team. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone in particular the team at the Dive Centre and our Executive Chef and his kitchen brigade. They will be very happy to know how much you enjoyed the food at The Resort.

Your recommendation of visiting India pre or post your Maldives stay is a great way to explore the southern tip of Asia. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives when your plans bring you back to this part of the world.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a lot of expectations prior to coming to Four Seasons because we usually stayed at Four Seasons Jimbaran, Bali, and the service there is amazing!

We went with my 4 and 2 year old boys so we had a reservations for a 2-bedroom beach villa. But upon our arrival, we got more of a garden view. The beach was blocked by trees and mangroves that we felt that we didn't get what we paid for. After the second night, we decided to move to the water and ocean villa which had the ocean view. However, I felt that after paying so much for the water and ocean villa, the least they could provide was a private butler. Other places we stayed at previously cost much less and they provide you with a full time private butler to help you get around. Atleast help us with the move from one villa to the other.

Secondly, the buggy took a while. I know that we were provided with bikes but my sons were not able to ride on bikes so everywhere we went we had to wait for the buggy.

On the third day of our stay, there was a big storm. The beach umbrellas were flying, the cushions were flying, even the chairs went in the ocean. I felt that during this time, they could atleast send someone to the villa to help us secure their furniture instead of us running around trying to save all their outdoor furniture. (We managed to get the umbrellas and one of the chair from the ocean).

The food was not as bad as people commented. The middle eastern restaurant had great food and Blu had great food and awesome service. The main dining area however could use some improvements and variety.

Overall, Maldives is beautiful! The beach is amazing, the colors was beyond comparison. The reefs around the hotel was not great but you can charter a boat that will take you to other places for snorkling. My 4 year old had a great time looking for mantas and saw turtles too during our snorkeling excursions. Deep sea fishing was also fun. I would think that the excursions was the one that made the trip memorable.... but that comes with a cost.

The Kid's Club is nothing to rave about.... there are only 2 staffs tending to atleast 5-6 kids while I was there. I remember at one point my kids were there and there was this one boy playing with a scissor and the staff didn't even pay attention to what he was doing. The staff is the same from morning to closing time but my son def didn't LOVE it. He was okay with it. Unlike other places we've been where he would not want to leave the kids club.

I don't exactly know what it is, but this Four Seasons just didn't do it for me. I didn't feel at home.

PS: I wrote a comment card and within 24 hours, they replied. So glad to know that they really value your opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear GrapTwig,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at Landaa Giraavaru. I have taken note of the comments you also shared with us when departing from The Resort and will follow up as promised.

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comment about having a colleague assist with securing the outdoor furniture in your villa during the storm is certainly a valid one and I would like to apologize for having dropped the ball in that instance. We offer Butler service on request and have made a note of your preference in this regard.

I regret you felt 2 employees looking after 5 children at the Kids Club was not enough. We receive great comments from both kids and parents about our Kids for all Seasons offerings and in particular about the service and attentiveness of our colleagues working there. Many return guests return to Landaa because of the bond they have built up with the kids Club team who have been with us for a number of years.

On a more positive note I was glad to hear how much you enjoyed the food and service and Al Barakat and Blu Restaurants and that the family appreciated the beach and recreational excursions. I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to the Maldives and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure a more memorable experience next time round.

With best wishes

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 10 day trip at Landaa Giraavaru. From the moment we arrived, the staff could not have been more attentive and were keen to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Aaruni (guest relations manager) immediately suggested making dinner reservations at the five themed nights at the different restaurants. We wouldn't have thought of this ourselves but each themed night was excellent, giving us a great opportunity to experience the different food and settings. Highly recommend this! The food was fantastic overall and couldnt be faulted. We especially loved eating out on the terrace at Al Barakat.
The snorkelling at the house reef (at the main jetty) was spectacular and shouldn't be missed. My husband also says the diving was fantastic and the dive centre staff are superb.
We loved all the little touches that the Four Seasons throw in such as nibbles at the beach or by the pool (all free gratis). We stayed in a water villa, which has just been updated with an extra day bed & lovely relaxing hammock over the water. Our favourite spot was the loft area where we relaxed early evening whilst looking out over the ocean.
A big thank you to Rocky (our houseman) who prepared a lovely surprise for us on our last night. I don't want to spoil it for others but it was a fab treat and involved lots of petals, strawberries and even a glass of bubbly. Well done Four Seasons again!
We also visited the Spa and had a wonderful massage - cant recommend this highly enough. I had the Landaa Giraavaru signature massage and my husband had the four handed Ayurevedic massage. Both of which were great. Just what we needed after a long flight.
All in all, it's a fantastic resort and we will definitely be back.
Also a big thank you to Andrea for generally making our stay as pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: We had a sunrise villa, but the beach villas also look amazing. Not sure the sunset villas are worth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear J_GLeeds,

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to the island and I was delighted to know how pampered you felt by the team. I will be sure to share your feedback with Aaruni, Rocky and Andrea along with all the employees. They will be very happy to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay.

Martin Cody

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!