“Amazing holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Landaagiraavaru Island
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Fourth Night Free
Kiev, Ukraine
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As in any Four Seasons, it doesn't come cheap, but I think you do get your money's worth. The staff is like no other and go out of their way to cater to your needs. They turned around a surprise for my wife in less than 1hr, and helped me to take me on a boat to a platform to take great sunset shots, and pick me up when I was done,

We did a wine class and a cooking class even though they are not part of the schedule.

Great service, great location.....

Room Tip: stay at the water villas on the sunrise side... guaranteed a long time on the sun during the day, sh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Ivan_Gomez-Ukr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us following your recent visit. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island and I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again for some more wine and cooking classes along with the opportunity to see the perfect Maldivian Sunset.

Martin Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here last year and I absolutely loved it. It's a fantastic hotel and the people at work there are so lovely. The food is great and riding around on the bikes is an added extra. There's lots of wildlife, I.e lizards and fruit bats etc and the rooms are just amazing, I would recommend this to anybody. There is nothing bad to say. I would definitely recommend the spa as well. !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lizz W,

It was very nice to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Resort; from the great food and Spa to all the natural wildlife on the island. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives soon again.

scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at resort in may and found the resort outstanding, certainly one of the best of the 40 some four seasons we have stayed at thus far.
We had the beach Vila room with the lap pool and I highly recommend this for its privacy and size. It was like staying in your own beach house. I think it was much nicer and much more private than the over the water villas.
The staff was great and everyone went out of their way to make our trip special.
The food was excellant and they had several different types of cuisine to please anyone.
As far as what to bring, my recommendation is as little as possible. Shorts,light tops and sandals.. Leave the designer clothes for your Paris trip because you will have no use for it here.
The downside of the trip was the Maldives entered their rainy season early and the weather was not conducive for diving as the water was too murky and rough to enjoy it.
The dive shop was truly outstanding and I went solo with my own dive master on the dives and the guys did everything they could to make each dive a great experience.
My advice is to go there in February or march.
This is a very long trip from the states, around 30 plus hours from Los Angeles. It's really too far for just a one week trip and we were the only USA guests there. Unfortunately I could not take mor time off.
In summary, great resort, go in February or March and just bring casual clothes and save this trip when you have more than a week off.
One other note, the stop off in their other resort on departure day is fantastic, definitely do that and eat at the Indian restruant. They had the best Indian food I've ever eaten. Maldives is one hour from India so this is a perfect stop off on way to or from India!

Room Tip: Large beach villa with lap pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Scottsdaletraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Landaa Giraavaru. I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your time on the island; from the size and decor of the Beach Villa to the warm and friendly service provided by all the team. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone in particular the team at the Dive Centre and our Executive Chef and his kitchen brigade. They will be very happy to know how much you enjoyed the food at The Resort.

Your recommendation of visiting India pre or post your Maldives stay is a great way to explore the southern tip of Asia. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Maldives when your plans bring you back to this part of the world.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a lot of expectations prior to coming to Four Seasons because we usually stayed at Four Seasons Jimbaran, Bali, and the service there is amazing!

We went with my 4 and 2 year old boys so we had a reservations for a 2-bedroom beach villa. But upon our arrival, we got more of a garden view. The beach was blocked by trees and mangroves that we felt that we didn't get what we paid for. After the second night, we decided to move to the water and ocean villa which had the ocean view. However, I felt that after paying so much for the water and ocean villa, the least they could provide was a private butler. Other places we stayed at previously cost much less and they provide you with a full time private butler to help you get around. Atleast help us with the move from one villa to the other.

Secondly, the buggy took a while. I know that we were provided with bikes but my sons were not able to ride on bikes so everywhere we went we had to wait for the buggy.

On the third day of our stay, there was a big storm. The beach umbrellas were flying, the cushions were flying, even the chairs went in the ocean. I felt that during this time, they could atleast send someone to the villa to help us secure their furniture instead of us running around trying to save all their outdoor furniture. (We managed to get the umbrellas and one of the chair from the ocean).

The food was not as bad as people commented. The middle eastern restaurant had great food and Blu had great food and awesome service. The main dining area however could use some improvements and variety.

Overall, Maldives is beautiful! The beach is amazing, the colors was beyond comparison. The reefs around the hotel was not great but you can charter a boat that will take you to other places for snorkling. My 4 year old had a great time looking for mantas and saw turtles too during our snorkeling excursions. Deep sea fishing was also fun. I would think that the excursions was the one that made the trip memorable.... but that comes with a cost.

The Kid's Club is nothing to rave about.... there are only 2 staffs tending to atleast 5-6 kids while I was there. I remember at one point my kids were there and there was this one boy playing with a scissor and the staff didn't even pay attention to what he was doing. The staff is the same from morning to closing time but my son def didn't LOVE it. He was okay with it. Unlike other places we've been where he would not want to leave the kids club.

I don't exactly know what it is, but this Four Seasons just didn't do it for me. I didn't feel at home.

PS: I wrote a comment card and within 24 hours, they replied. So glad to know that they really value your opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear GrapTwig,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at Landaa Giraavaru. I have taken note of the comments you also shared with us when departing from The Resort and will follow up as promised.

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comment about having a colleague assist with securing the outdoor furniture in your villa during the storm is certainly a valid one and I would like to apologize for having dropped the ball in that instance. We offer Butler service on request and have made a note of your preference in this regard.

I regret you felt 2 employees looking after 5 children at the Kids Club was not enough. We receive great comments from both kids and parents about our Kids for all Seasons offerings and in particular about the service and attentiveness of our colleagues working there. Many return guests return to Landaa because of the bond they have built up with the kids Club team who have been with us for a number of years.

On a more positive note I was glad to hear how much you enjoyed the food and service and Al Barakat and Blu Restaurants and that the family appreciated the beach and recreational excursions. I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to the Maldives and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure a more memorable experience next time round.

With best wishes

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 10 day trip at Landaa Giraavaru. From the moment we arrived, the staff could not have been more attentive and were keen to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Aaruni (guest relations manager) immediately suggested making dinner reservations at the five themed nights at the different restaurants. We wouldn't have thought of this ourselves but each themed night was excellent, giving us a great opportunity to experience the different food and settings. Highly recommend this! The food was fantastic overall and couldnt be faulted. We especially loved eating out on the terrace at Al Barakat.
The snorkelling at the house reef (at the main jetty) was spectacular and shouldn't be missed. My husband also says the diving was fantastic and the dive centre staff are superb.
We loved all the little touches that the Four Seasons throw in such as nibbles at the beach or by the pool (all free gratis). We stayed in a water villa, which has just been updated with an extra day bed & lovely relaxing hammock over the water. Our favourite spot was the loft area where we relaxed early evening whilst looking out over the ocean.
A big thank you to Rocky (our houseman) who prepared a lovely surprise for us on our last night. I don't want to spoil it for others but it was a fab treat and involved lots of petals, strawberries and even a glass of bubbly. Well done Four Seasons again!
We also visited the Spa and had a wonderful massage - cant recommend this highly enough. I had the Landaa Giraavaru signature massage and my husband had the four handed Ayurevedic massage. Both of which were great. Just what we needed after a long flight.
All in all, it's a fantastic resort and we will definitely be back.
Also a big thank you to Andrea for generally making our stay as pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: We had a sunrise villa, but the beach villas also look amazing. Not sure the sunset villas are worth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear J_GLeeds,

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to the island and I was delighted to know how pampered you felt by the team. I will be sure to share your feedback with Aaruni, Rocky and Andrea along with all the employees. They will be very happy to know what a positive impression they made upon your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives soon again.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having visited 4 islands in the maldives, I would rate FS Landaa Giraavaru the best all round location. The other islands we have visited being; One & Only Reethi Rah, FS Kuda Hura and Kanuhura.

The sand is soft, the reef is fantastic and can be easily accessed at waist height to see a vast array of marine life, the waters are crystal clear and unpolluted.

The staff at Four Seasons are among the friendliest and most attentive I have come across, and LG is no exception. They cannot do enough to help you at all times and make you feel at home - like they want to help, rather than the 'I'm just doing my job' attitude.

The only downside I can think of is that the transfer is long from Male airport via sea plane, however it is well worth it

The food is fantastic and the layout is set so that it suits couples and families alike. We have visited the island twice now and will most definitely be returning in the near future

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear OllyR84,

It is so nice to read that after all your travels in the Maldives; Landaa Giraavaru is your home away from home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and when your plans bring you back I would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with all the team; they will be delighted with the positive feedback

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed for a week as part of our honeymoon last November.
The arrival is fantastic a little lounge at airport to freshen up while you wait for the seaplane-which is an amazing experience but one of the hottest 30 minutes of our lives so be prepared!!
On arrival you’re picked up by speedboat and welcomed to shore by the resort manager. This was all great and we were so far impressed but in reception sat with a welcome cocktail as they checked guests rooms/allocation etc. a receptionist came up and very loudly in front of other couples sat around us asked for a huge (talking several £1000 worth) “deposit” to take against our card for all the extras during our stay. To already be asked for money upfront in public after a long flight, seaplane flight and boat ride when you are knackered and hot but excited to be there was a big downer, and humiliating in front of other guests too. You just don’t expect this for a resort of this level??!

Our luggage had for some reason got left behind so we had to wait around 3 hours to get it, quite annoying an had we had anything important i.e. Medication we definitely would have complained more…
Our water villa was just beautiful- much larger than we expected, high ceilings and a sense of calm and space throughout. The bathroom is stunning…. We were shown a beach villa but were happy to stay here throughout, it felt more special being on the water and the buggy drive back each night was much fun.
The restaurants were mainly good, but nothing really spectacular, considering the prices you pay. My wife is veggie and suffered slightly which was a shame.
The design of the villa and staff made this stay extra special, the staff are all smiles and so warm, just amazing.

The food and design of some of the restaurants could be improved as could some more imaginative/ extra touches in the water villa outside area (why not a hammock/lounge sofa on lower deck for e.g. ?) and they could offer guests a few more perks i.e. weekly cocktail parties with free drinks, complimentary ice cream bar, happy hour etc. that I know most of this resorts main 5* rivals do offer- they seem to refuse here?!
All in all its a beautiful resort, but for basically £1000 a night we were expecting to feel 100% blown away - and while impressed and loved some aspects, the entire image when looking back doesn’t seem entirely worth such seriously extortionate pricing. Had we paid a few £100 a night less we’d both feel overly more “satisfied” and happy with our stay, when you get the bill at the end you will gasp out loud! With so many of its main rivals in the Maldives - many offering rooms below the rates here, I feel they either need to up their game massively both with overall design and styling as well as more amenities and perks - or adjust their prices slightly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinCody, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear SCW61,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit to Landaa Giraavaru last November. It seems you enjoyed most aspects of the Resort however there were some areas where we failed to meet your expectations.

The arrival experience seemed to get off to a great start at the Airport and Main Jetty but I am sorry how the credit was asked for upon your arrival to the lobby. This is something we generally do in most Resorts however we need to be more discreet; I will be sure to review this with the team. My apologies that your luggage was not able to make it on the same sea plane flight with you. This happens from time to time due to weight restrictions however we should ask the guest prior to departing Male if there is a particular bag they need to bring with them in case they have any important items or medication they need to take along.

We have started the process of enhancing the outdoor space of our Water Villas. Last year we completed 15 and this year will complete 10 more of the Water Villas with Pool. This gives the addition of a hammock and lower deck seating area that you mentioned; it has proven to be very popular with our guests. In regards the concerns with food options; we now have a Vegetarian Menu available in all outlets for guests and our team of Chefs are happy to cater to any special requirements that our guests need.

Should your plans bring you back to The Maldives I hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you the additions and enhancements we have made. I would be more than happy to personally assist with the details of a future stay to ensure a more memorable experience next time round. My contact details are martin.cody@fourseasons.com

Martin Cody

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!