The Maldivian Islands are blessed with an abundance of luxury resorts. For the uninitiated, it must be a daunting process trying to select the right hotel. Please stop your search, you need not look any further than the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa! We have just returned from the most magical 12 night stay, and I can honestly say that it is the best holiday I have ever had in my life.
I travel often for work and have a penchant for luxury hotels. I have high standards and confess that I am very fussy and easily angered by poor service. Without exception, every single staff member we encountered, from the groundsmen, to the housekeepers, to the pool staff was wonderful. We were always greeted with a genuine smile, and by day 4, everyone knew our names! We were travelling with a 13 year old and 8 year old, and our 8 year old just LOVED Kuda Mas, the childrens club. It was a struggle to get him to spend any time with us. We think he had a little crush on Mas, the lovely girl who worked there! Ha ha!
Nothing, and I mean nothing, was too much trouble for the staff. My husband and I wanted to dine a deux every few nights. My son is a VERY fussy eater and Kartuk, the amazing restaurant manager (who has just moved to FS Langkawi) talked to Toby and found out that he loved Lasagne (we should have called him Garfield) and therefore arranged on more than one occasion for the chef to specially make lasagne for Toby and have it delivered to our room so that we could indulge in our love of Indian cuisine! An amazing man, Kartuk. Kuda Huraa's loss will be langkawi's gain! We loved the Italian restaurant, and the setting, down by the water bungalows was breathtaking. It's great for lunch or dinner. We truly did not have a single medicore dining experience the entire time! Oh and how special is this???? I loved the self saucing chocolate pudding, and on the last day at breakfast, I was presented with 6 frozen chocolate puddings to take home as a momento. Just the most exceptional service!! Very scared to step on the scales in the morning!!!
I really enjoyed the spa and treated myself to a 3 day spa package. WOW. Most amazing spa I have ever visited. The treatment rooms are all individual bungalows over the water with a glass floor beneath you so you can watch the fish while you are being pampered....that's if you can keep your eyes open! I was in seventh heaven and floated back to my room after each treatment. I thoroughly recommend that you try the lava shell massage. Heaven on a stick!
Our room, a sunrise pool villa was immaculate. We all loved the outdoor shower and my son loved the big bathtub and spent at least an hour in there every evening. Very cute that they have children's amenities....bathrobes, kids shampoo etc....everyone feels special!
And the snorkelling, oh....so hard to describe and do justice in a review. The hotel has an enormous reef conservation project going on, and the snorkelling right outside our room was incredible. My daughter who is terrified of fish even came and was blown away. The coral, the colours of the fish, everything is stunning! Oh if you wade in directly in front of room 207 there is a slab of coral and on the right hand side is an anenome where 3 'Nemo's' live. We were all captivated by them and the children visited them daily! My best memory of the holiday was watching my youngest grow in confidence as he snorkelled, swimming like a fish and diving down to inspect things. Just magic. So many memories that will last a lifetime.
You will meet Das who works in the main bar near reception, an exceptionally beautiful human
being who we all just adored, Adam and Andrew in the Reef Club...just lovely. But it almost doesn't seem fair to single anyone out as, like I said, they were all amazing!!
Make sure you do the sunset dolphin cruise.
It really doesnt matter if you are old, young, on a honeymoon, travelling alone, are a family. Every walk of life is catered for at this breathtaking resort. I promise you wont regret booking this hotel. It is the most special little corner of paradise. I honestly cried my eyes out as the speedboat pulled away. We will be back. Next year, if I have my way!
Feel free to message me with any questions, I would love to hear from you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all the charm and intimacy of a traditional Maldivian village on this colourful garden island with pristine beaches and Tiffany-blue lagoon, just 25 minutes speedboat ride from Male' Airport. Sail to The Island Spa for natural treatments for men, women and children; or indulge in a lunar ritual on a starlit beach at The Night Spa. Explore up to 30 local dive sites with the PADI 5-Star IDC Centre. The Serenity Pool offers an atmospheric adults-only alternative to the main infinity pool while family activities include shark safaris, dolphin cruises and Robinson Crusoe adventures. Head to the Surf School to hang with the pros in some of the world’s most consistent and warmest swells. Take a dhoni to The Island Tennis Court or visit The Marine Discovery Centre to build your own coral reef and visit the baby turtles. Dining highlights include award-winning home-style Indian at Baraabaru and sophisticated oceanfront Italian at Reef Club.Kuda Huraa’s 96 thatched beach and water accommodations were each constructed by local craftsmen using indigenous materials and techniques to reflect a true sense of the Maldives. Beach Bungalows and Family Beach Bungalows have their own plunge pool in a private garden surround. Water Villas, some with plunge pools, entice with large sundecks and steps down into the lagoon, while the one- and two-bedroom Water Suites have a glass-walled pool and additional indoor and outdoor space for the ultimate in lagoon living. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa Hotel North Male Atoll
- 4 Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Hotel Maldives
- Four Seasons North Male Atoll
- Four Seasons Maldives
- North Male Atoll Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Kuda Huraa