Had a brilliant time at this island.....we had a seaplane transfer would recommend as it only takes about 10 minutes to get the island and after a long flight the last thing I wanted was to be stuck on a boat for 1-30 minutes!!!!
We had a Water Bungalow and were really pleased with it...I have to be honest it was a bit worn in places but was very clean and had a really comfortable bed had loads of hot water.
Restaurant was good.....got to be honest not lots of choice but we were in the Maldives and it is quite small island......what was there was lovely and freshly cooked and if you didn't like what was on offer just let them know and they will do some chips for you!!!
Bar....Didn't go in there much to be honest sat most nights next to the coffee room which had a TV and always had the sport on it so that was great for me and my hubby as we both like sport they also tended to show lots of premier league games and most were live on a Sat and Sunday aswell....other nights just sat in the reception which was nice and had a few drinks in there and just totally chilled out
Beach...what can I say lovely....there were some parts that did had some coral on it but not enough for it to be uncomfortable.....loungers were numbered to your room so there was no mad rush to ge up in the morning, snorkeling was great my husband went every day, quite a few rays and reef sharks were around aswell as a huge eel also the usual coloured fish I would recommend watching the staff feeding the rays it really is something not to be missed
All in all a great island....have to mention the staff ALL of them were great and we didn't feel pressured into tipping them at all.....the room boy was great really did a great job on our room....the waiters in the bar also great....our waiter in the restuarant really nice always had a smile on his face and enjoyed a little joke with you his name was Sayeed (hope I've spelt it correctly for him!!) ask for him I'm sure you'll get a great service from him
We would definately go back in fact I have already priced it up for next year.....before booking just remember it is only a 3* resort so things will be a little worn in places and not top notch but if you like informal, clean and friendly then this is definately the place to go...we have stayed at a 5* resort in the maldives previoulsy but myself and my husband both preferred Summer Island Village. what elso can I say!! Go with an open mind and you will not be disappointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Island Maldives is a truly beautiful, new 'barefoot' resort owned and managed by people from the Maldives. Truly the perfect Maldivian Barefoot Holiday where Summer Never Ends. A holiday at Summer is really a journey of discovery more than a holiday. Take a seaplane to a fairytale lagoon and walk barefoot on fine sand the colour of icing sugar and feel it tickle your soles. Learn to navigate a coral reef and fulfil your Maldivian adventure with dolphins and turtles. Live in ocean villas suspended over jewelled waters or stay in land villas with sublime ocean views - the choice is yours. Feast on international cuisines touched with a hint of Maldivian flavour and unwind at our over-water spa with our classic offerings to knead your tension away. Discover your destination playground at Summer Island Maldives where Summer Never Ends. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Summer Island Village Hotel North Male Atoll
- Summer Island Village Maldives
- Summer Island Village Resort