“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Summer Island Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ziyaaraiffushi Island
Summer Island Village
Save Saved
You added Summer Island Village to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   08460   |
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This island is lovely, staff very friendly, lovely and relaxing. Great for snorkelling. Food was very nice, we had the meal on the beach, very romantic! We stayed in a water bungalow and it was great to see the fish swimming underneath through the glass panel in the floor.

• Stayed March 2012

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was my dream to go to the Maldives and after a perfect week on the Attoll Explorer we went onto Sumer Island. Maybe not the best of the resorts, but still very good. We had a water villa with a glass floor to watch the fish and this gave us our own area on the beach. It was very chilled out, everywhere was sand even in the restaurant. The food was ok, as with all All Inclusive hotels, the restaurant is a bit like a canteen. The only thing lacking was waiter service to the beach for drinks.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed in over 20 resorts whilst working in the maldives and would not recommend this one. For me it was one of the worst. Tired and run down with few facilities. Rooms were simple with few amenites and shampoo in a box by the shower. Push for a squirt of shampoo! Not a romantic place and there are so many better resorts. Food was about average fora canteen. We left early and took a Dhoni over to the next island, Eriyadu Island resort, which with its lovely thatched rooms, I can recommend

Room Tip: Sorry but I was not impressed with any of the rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This resort is located on a fantastic island. It is a shame that it is a bit run down. The bungalows definitely need renovation. Food varies between bad to average, although the cooks are very nice and desserts are delicious. The massage offered is excellent. The island is small and perfect for couples and everyone who enjoys snorkeling and diving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Braintree, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I travelled with my partner to Summer Island Village in September 2010. By the look of recent reviews nothing has really changed.
If you want 5 star luxury then this clearly isn't the island for you.
If you want a reasonably priced taste of the The Maldives then I think this is ideal. I usually travel to 4 and 5 star All inclusives in the caribbean and had never travelled to the Indian ocean before.
We had a fantastic week here. The weather was not great and we had some days of heavy rain which you would expect travelling here in September. There is not loads to do but is a nice place to kick back, relax and do very little.
The food is adequate without ever being impressive. We really wanted to have a private meal on a sand bar but were unable to do this due to the weather.
The accomodation is basic but clean. The room attendants were cleaning and sweeping the floor of our beach bungalow twice a day which was far more than i expected. We stayed on the lagoon side of the island which was my preference prior to the holiday from reviews I had read as the beach is considerably wider. I emailed Mr Waheed 2 weeks before departure and I got a bungalow exactly where I had asked for it. Mr Waheed was helpful and friendly on the island and personally handed us a towel to cool down when we got off the sea plane. I would not recommend the water bungalows as they look like council flats on stilts and heard other guests complaining about them and their price whilst I was there.
The sea is lovely and the small black tip reef shark were regularly swimming around in the lagoon. Load of stingrays around when they were being fed on the jetty.
We went diving with the Summer island willage dive school. I have done approaching 100 dives and my partner had never done any. She did a try dive off the beach and saw an eagle ray almost next to the jetty. We then both did a dive to the house 'reef' which was almost non existent although still plenty for both of us to see in the way of marine life. We then went on to do a couple of boat dives which were excellent even though this is far from the best time of year. The dive school catered for both of us and I remember being pleasantly surprised when it came to paying the bill.
The next time I travel to the Maldives I would be unlikely to stay here again as I would upscale quite a bit. All in all I have no complaints and would recommend it to others who want to see the Maldives on a budget.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Returned on March 3rd 2012. This Island is excellent value for money. Had a lovely superior bungalow.Really clean and with all amenities, tea, coffee fridge,TV (did not watch it).Yes this island is different to the likes of Kuramathi etc but we had everything we needed. Our 5th visit to the Maldives, all different Islands. Food perfectly adequate, always fish and two types of meat,lovely puddings and soup to die for(my husbands words!! even in 40 centigrade).
Staff very kind and helpful, a smile given results an a smile returned. We saw magnificnet fish even from the veranda of our bungalow, sharks, sting rays, eagle rays, giant moray eels and lots more beautiful coloured fish to swim with. A snorkelers paradise without going on the boat trips. The manager Mr Waheed can not do enough for you.
I was concerned about reports i had read but really had a good holiday.
My only request would have been more small towels . Go and enjoy it great value for the money

Room Tip: superior rooms good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just returned from Summer Island. Found staff friendly and good service unlike many of the British guests we encountered!
Superior room had all the amenities we could have wished for with superb views of the beach and ocean.
Food was always hot and well-cooked, we had no upset stomachs unlike many longhaul destinations. Plenty of choice on sweets every meal and never had a problem choosing what to have. If guests are expecting British food then this is the Maldives and they should stay at home!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth it, water bungalows not worth extra
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Summer Island Village? Share your experiences!