It was my dream to go to the Maldives and after a perfect week on the Attoll Explorer we went onto Sumer Island. Maybe not the best of the resorts, but still very good. We had a water villa with a glass floor to watch the fish and this gave us our own area on the beach. It was very chilled out, everywhere was sand even in the restaurant. The food was ok, as with all All Inclusive hotels, the restaurant is a bit like a canteen. The only thing lacking was waiter service to the beach for drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Island Maldives is a truly beautiful, new 'barefoot' resort owned and managed by people from the Maldives. Truly the perfect Maldivian Barefoot Holiday where Summer Never Ends. A holiday at Summer is really a journey of discovery more than a holiday. Take a seaplane to a fairytale lagoon and walk barefoot on fine sand the colour of icing sugar and feel it tickle your soles. Learn to navigate a coral reef and fulfil your Maldivian adventure with dolphins and turtles. Live in ocean villas suspended over jewelled waters or stay in land villas with sublime ocean views - the choice is yours. Feast on international cuisines touched with a hint of Maldivian flavour and unwind at our over-water spa with our classic offerings to knead your tension away. Discover your destination playground at Summer Island Maldives where Summer Never Ends. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Summer Island Village Hotel North Male Atoll
- Summer Island Village Maldives
- Summer Island Village Resort