We stayed her on our honeymoon in December 2010, so this is a much overdue review. It was simply the best place, most calming, but still luxurious experience we've ever had traveling. Service--best ever. Staff-to-guest ratio is unrivaled anywhere. Felt like a king and queen. But the service was kind, friendly, quiet--not overbearing at any time. The beaches were pristine. The weather when we traveled was perfect. Maybe 1-2 overcast, somewhat rainy days. But 80% of the time, sunny and beautiful with a nice breeze. Food was great--enough choices across the 3 restaurants, to keep things interesting (though we love sushi, and went there about 3 times). The resort was probably 80% occupied--but it felt like we had some much space, comfort. If you wanted some 'scene' there were a few areas to socialize--which was nice. We had originally booked 5 nights at O&O Reethi Rah, and 5 nights at Four Seasons Landaa Giravaru. Our first 5 days were at O&O. We were sad to be leaving on the seaplane on day 6. We checked into Four Seasons took a tour around...and my wife within 1 hour, regretted that we weren't staying at O&O the whole time. Me too. We called our US travel agent (Lindsay at Linara Travel) and he was able to get us back into O&O. So we literally cancelled our stay at Four Seasons, and checked back into the O&O/Reethi Rah, within 24 hours. I also highly recommend staying in a Beach Villa vs. an over the water Villa. You have a lot more space to move around---and even with the resort 80% occupied--it felt like we had our own private beach. Rarely saw others on the beach. I've recommended this trip to anyone who will listen to me, planning their own honeymoon. Worth every penny and more (felt like I'd rented out the whole beach!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Reethi Rah, Maldives in the North Male Atoll has 130 exquisite villas, some of the largest in the Maldives, designed by world famous architect Jean Michel Gathy. The resort offers an unrivaled level of style, choice, and personalized service. An eclectic and imaginative menu caters to every taste and occasion in three restaurants, with an extensive wine cellar with more than 900 premium labels and 18,000 bottles on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your One & Only Reethi Rah, Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Reethi Rah, Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah, Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Reethi Rah Maldives