My wife and I went here on our honeymoon between 24 June and 5 July 2012. We booked this as a once in a lifetime trip and it certainly lived up to our expectations.
* Transfer between the airport and resort by speedboat is very impressive. We saw dolphins on the way.
* When we arrived at the destination we were given a cold drink and cold towel which is very welcome after 10 hours on a plane + going through the airport in Male!
* Staff are very friendly, polite and take your luggage to your room. We noticed some negative comments on here regarding staff and can't understand this at all - they go out of their way to make sure you're looked after.
* Rooms are fantastic. They are cleaned twice a day and have everything you'd want in there and more - TV, fridge, tea/coffee facilities, beach towels, safe, life jackets, showergel, etc.
* The food was excellent. There was lots of variety and something for everyone, although fewer vegetarian options (not an issue for us but worth noting).
* Excursions were good but some have minimum customer requirements and are cancelled if not enough people want to go. We did the island hopping tour which was excellent although we only got to see 2 of 3 islands due to unpredictable weather.
* Spa is excellent but pricey. Had a 30 minute back massage that was $65. Generally everything on the island is expensive and they charge you for certain things you may expect to be gratis at such a resort (e.g. you pay for wifi).
* There are no shops or anything on the island other than accommodation/reception. Anything you can buy, including drinking water, is purchased at the bar.
* Evening entertainment is short and basic. They had a magician who was very good but other nights they just showed short videos advertising their activities. Entertainment is repeated on a weekly basis so there is nothing "new" after one week of being there.
* Island is small and can be walked around in 20 mins. Little to do other than sunbathe/swim. BUT... this is great if you're after a relaxing break where you can literally do nothing. Would recommend the island hopping excursion to see other nearby islands.
* Weather is hot and humid but unpredictable. As well as blue skies/sun we had thunder, lightening, rain, cloud and wind.
* Sea is great for swimming and snorkelling. There are lots of fish and reefs to explore. Current can be strong but the rooms have lifejackets so you can wear these when going out.
* When we went (June/July 2012) we were one of the only English couples there. Most people were from China or Germany which meant conversation with other guests was limited (on our part!).
We went here for our honeymoon but this is not exclusively a couples place - families and groups of friends were also there. Overall this was a fantastic place to visit and a very memorable location. I would recommend this to anyone.