“Astounding hotel and good snorkelling” 5 of 5 stars

Lily Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   20077   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Astounding hotel and good snorkelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Impeccable service, beautiful rooms, the most diligent and focussed Doctor (for a bug picked up elsewhere), all the staff knew who we were, so friendly (everyone said hello that is so simple but made us feel really special) and the food was legendary. So easy to go here and not have to worry about anything.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We just returned from a fantastic week at Lily Beach - no need to echo the other positive reviews but I'd like to point out how fantastic the island is for families with kids. We travelled with our two 3 and 5 year old kids and all had a great time. For us adults in particular it was a treat to be able to join the other scuba divers thanks to the flexibility of the kids club! Big thank you to both the ladies at the kids club! Even thought the kids club only opened at 9, they would come to meet our kids at breakfast so that we could go on the dive boat at 8.15 - and the kids had a fantastic time. Outdoor activities (fishing, cat sailing, snorkelling, swimming, eagle feeding...) and indoor activities (art, games etc.) - the first thing our little girl asked in the morning - is the kids club open already?

Also a big thank you to Prodivers and in particular Jutta, François and Judith, we had a fanstic time diving with you guys - the dive center is very professional and offers great scuba diving, event with whale sharks. Great spot for all keen dive parents!

Thanks of course also to the great entire team, that was alwas very friendly and helpful.

Maybe the only comment: as we were limited to the Vibes Bar for lunches (for a change for the buffet) as we have small kids - I was a bit disappointed by the food there - the fish tartare was great but the other things I tried were not comparable to the food served for example at Lily Ma, in particular the other fish dishes.

Well, we are thinking already about when we could return...

Room Tip: We were in the beach villa 154 wich was great for us - privacy and a great stretch of beach in front...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marc B, Manager at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued guests

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly our kids club team as well as ProDivers Jutta Judith, Francois.

We taken good note on your comments at Vibes, we since implemented kids corner as well as reviewed the a la carte menus.
We regularly make improvements to our service as a result of the valuable feedback we
receive from our guests to ensure that all our guests experience true Lily beach moments.

This is indeed great encouragements in our objective to continuously improve our performance and thoroughly delight our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for your valuable feedback. My entire team at Lily beach look forward to welcoming you back to experience our resort at its best.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately we had to leave Lily Beach yesterday after spending 8 nights in pure luxury.

We chose Lily Beach for not only a holiday but also for our wedding and we were certainly not disappointed. As this was going to be a once in a lifetime trip, I spent hours researching where to go (mostly on Trip Advisor).

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we loved every minute. The beach villa was brilliant (140), cleaned twice a day (Thank you Habi) and mini bar restocked at least once a day.

The food was amazing, the choice at the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner was unbelievable, a different theme each night of the week and some fantastic live cooking stations. I have to give a special mention to Didi Abdulla, from the first morning we went for breakfast he looked after us superbly.

We spent much of our time at Vibes bar and Pool, we had lunch here on numerous occasions and the food again was fantastic and here we have to give a special mention to Ali Rameez, he treated us like royalty throughout our stay.

As for the wedding day it was incredible, a big thank you to Mia for the organisation of it all. All the staff go out of there way for you and I would like to thank them all especially the guys that set it all up (decorating the aisle, the cabana, the boat, the buggy), as these are the unsung hero's.

We were holidaying with our 2 year son and all the staff were great with him. We never used the kids club but it seems to be a good set up and plenty of activities to keep them entertained.

I hope this review is useful to others, I can only give you my opinion but if you are looking to book the Maldives, you will not be disappointed with Lily Beach.

Thanks

Adam, Emma & Hamish

Stayed April 2015
Marc B, Manager at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued guests

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly , Abdulla Did, Ali Rameezi who really enjoyed each time serving you,

We are delighted your wedding went as you wished we are all happy to have had the opportunity to participate to make you very special event memorable.

Thank you for choosing Lily beach as you preferred destination.

Looking forward to welcome you back for your next celebration!!

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second visit to the wonderful Lily Beach and, if possible, it was even more perfect than the first.

Staff = the best. All so friendly and helpful but would like to mention special thanks to:-

Ismail, Assistant Executive Manager, who went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our stay was amazing.

Solhi, our brilliant waiter at Lily Maa. What a lovely man. So lovely last year that we requested him as our waiter this year. It was so nice to be greeted by Solhi each evening at our beautifully decorated table on the beach with a bottle of fizz chilling. Attentive, professional and a great man to chat to.

Anjo and Agey (sorry if spelt wrong) at Turtle Kids’ Club who looked after our 10 year old son brilliantly, ensuring he was cared for, safe and entertained the whole holiday. Even though maybe he is getting a bit old for kids’ club now he still enjoyed every minute of the varied activities for all ages and it was a struggle to get him away.

Suzie and the fantastic staff at Vibes for their excellent service. Their cocktails are to die for and plentiful. Loved the fella who cleaned our sunglasses as well as served drinks (sorry I can’t remember your name but I hope all went well with the birth of your second child).

Prodivers – a big thank you to Steve, Jutta and team. Very professional, patient and great at what they do. Despite being ever so busy they always managed to accommodate our requests and it was great fun diving with them.
The nice doctor lady (I’m sorry I can’t remember your name) but such an asset and credit to the resort.

Accommodation – we stayed in a water villa which was perfectly maintained, cleaned and very comfortable. So nice to be able to walk down your own steps into the gorgeous clear sea and snorkel on the house reef (one of the reasons we first chose Lily Beach).

Dining – from buffet to a la carte everything was lovely. Fresh, nicely presented and great varied choices.

I could go on and on but this island has to be seen to be believed. It truly is a little slice of paradise. We are counting the days until we return next Easter. It can’t come soon enough.

Dear Valued guests

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly Ismael with his charismatic smile!!
Solhi Lily Maa,Anju, Anjey kids club,Vibes team , doctor Lidia all were particularly pleased that you mentioned their names.

The ProDivers team especially Steve, Jutta send you their best regards.

Thank you for choosing Lily beach as you preferred destination.

Looking forward to welcome you next Easter.

hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent one week on M/V Blue Honours Legacy with Blue O Two dive company. This was listed as a 5 star boat which clearly it was not. They would have been lucky to scrape a 3! We were concerned then that perhaps the Maldives star rating was a little below our expectations.
We need not have worried - from the minute of stepping off the sea plane and getting onto our boat transfer, the 5 star service started and did not stop until we got back on the plane again.
We were greeted by Annette - what a smile and such grace ! She does her job exceptionally well. We were taken to our deluxe water villa and were stunned by the sheer luxury - it looks even better than in the brochure. We spent 5 days on the island and found the service to be the most incredible we have ever experienced. Our room butler looked after us well - one evening the villas hairdryer fused, sending off sparks from the plug. We called room service and within 5 minutes, our butler arrived with a maintenance worker to fix it - what service!
Most meal times, we were greeted by Abdullah Didi - what a lovely chap, good sense of humour and trained well. Greeted us by our names each time he saw us and also shook hands. This sort of treatment is what gives the resort it's five stars - it also did not come across as false. Each day he asked us how we were and he actually listened to us, especially when we stated that we had had a hard day at work and how the ironing had taken ages...... He responded to our comments with laughter ..... If his welcome was false as it had been on other holidays, he probably wouldn't have noticed what we had said.
No point describing the food experience because it was outstanding ...... Have I got any complaints ? Only one small suggestion..... Out of all the dressings and oils they provided... It would be nice to have some mayonnaise - goes really well with French fries.... I did ask Stefan the ? French chef who had spent 3 years in London for some mayonnaise on the last night and it was provided instantly.... Also, English mustard would be good with beef but I am sure it would have been made from scratch had I asked for it.
We didn't do any of the extra activities - if you have spent a week diving the Maldives on a live aboard the free activities on offer are a bit dull. We would have liked to have water skied and taken out a jet ski - but these were very pricey. Perhaps these activities could be offered as free activities on one occasion?
Only irritation of the holiday was the fridge in our water villa that kept cutting in and out with the thermostat - which kept waking me up at night . So we turned the fridge off every evening - other gripe is not an issue with resort but with people - we were very irritated by quite a few of our Chinese/ Japanese guests who clearly ignored the request not to walk on the coral whilst snorkelling..... Outside of our villa, they just stood up where they felt like it. They also ignored the request about not snorkelling or swimming after 1730 - they were swimming up and down outside our villa at 1800 onwards. I also do wish they would stop photographing themselves 24/7. There is so much beauty to enjoy on this paradise island and they might enjoy their holiday more if they put their cameras and mobile devices away and actually communicate verbally with each other.

Room Tip: Water villa 311 was very private and on sunrise side. No 318,319,320 etc also private and on sunset...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Marc B, Manager at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued guests

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly Annette and her charismatic smile!! your butler who was prompt at taking immediate action, Abdulla Didi who really enjoyed each time serving you.

Promise that we now have mayonnaise on our buffet, English mustard(real one) on its way!!

Sorry to hear that you have been most disturbed with your fridge, necessary replacement has been done.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. The staff are exceptional, you don't have to lift a finger from the minute you arrive. The sea, the snorkeling are the best I've ever seen in my life. The food is 5 star and always available, just delicious. All inclusive is the best thing that I've ever experienced. The only thing I could fault is that there is no books of information on the types of fish you see while snorkelling, but that's not really a fault is it!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guests

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly the food.

Our diving center have lots of books and knowledge about the types of fish you meet while snorkeling i have passed your comment to my Front Office team to inform our guests.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will keep this fairly short as the Maldives is the Maldives, in other words you know the location is paradise, white powder sand, turquoise sea etc.
So what differentiates between the resorts?
Quality of product ( food, beds, pools etc ) and quality of service..... the people.
The product at Lily Beach is an excellent one, the best quality food and drink, all inclusive includes a full wine list from around the world not just glasses of house plonk. The sushi and other freshly cooked food is superb, the live cooking stations, of which there are many, produce lovely food. The chefs know what they are doing, do it well and all with a smile.
We have stayed at 8 Maldives resorts now and I would place Lily Beach in my top 2. Only being beaten because my number 1 has many more restaurant choices and we are friends with the Operations director, his wife and daughter.
However, Lily beach has better pools, sun beds, beach towels, and the lagoon villa was fantastic, a perfect combination of beach and water villa without being stuck out on a pontoon.

So to the staff who made the holiday perfect. Let's name names shall we:

"King" as he is known, was our waiter. On our first meeting he discreetly wrote our names in his little book and addressed us by them from then on, never forgetting them, a good trick that i should use. His attention and charm made our meal times fun and enjoyable , as he was funny, as well as efficient, very personable and a credit to the resort. He has a way of making you feel as though you are his favourite guests and that you are being given special attention, I'm not sure if that is true for all of the waiters and all of the guests as i am only giving my experience and that is how it felt for us as a family. 10 out of 10

"Mia" Food and beverage manager from Finland not Germany ( joke) again, how can someone make you feel as though you are their favourite guests, having little chats whenever they see you, talking to you like a friend, as though they are letting you into a little secret. Excellent attitude and judging by the food and beverages of which she is the manager excellent at her job. 10 out of 10.

Kids club lady. sorry but i didn't get her name (see i should learn from King) but my 12 year old daughter's holiday was made by the kids club girl she called Agnes (not her real name) who helped the children have a great holiday also. Which in turn helps the adults.

"Kyoshi" at the dive club, again helped my daughter by qualifying her as a PADI junior open water diver. He was a great dive leader for us also and again great fun to be with whilst maintaining his professionalism and safety. For the divers we saw Mantas, pilot whales, turtles, etc.. etc.. and teh dive boat is big, fast and comfortable, much better than the usual Doney. The dive sites are very good, local and varied.

Even the resort manager is very down to earth which is maybe why his staff have such a nice attitude, however that doesn't stop him from constantly surveying his kingdom and pointing out the slightest flaw to his staff who immediately put it right.

My daughter had her 12th birthday while we were there and the extra's that the dive centre did and the hotel put on was amazing, I won't say what they were as i don't want to spoil the surprise for any one else, but let them know if you are celebrating.

We watched 2 weddings while we were there, one on the sand bank at the top of the island which looked amazing and one on the jetty. Both seemed to go very smoothly.

This is a small island which would probably suite a 7 to12 day holiday best, however we had 14 days which we will remember for all the right reasons for a long time to come.

Thank you King, Mia, Agnes, and everyone else who's hard work goes into making Lily Beach what it is.

Dear Valued guests

We are delighted that your daughter had a memorable time celebrating her 12 birthday at Lily Beach with the team!! congratulation to her for succeeding in her diving exam .

Congratulation to your daughter by qualifying as a PADI junior open water diver.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us the service extend by all members of the team, particularly King,Agnes Kid Club,Kyoshi ProDivers,our lady from Finland MIA!!

Yours sincerely

Been to Lily Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!